Ammo that REALLY expands!!!

I saw this last evening. Thanks for the link Steelharp.

It reminds me of the "bolo" shotgun rounds of yesteryear. An ingenious solution to a nonexistent problem. :shake: 

Aim small, miss small. It's the hits to the vitals, with adequate penetration that'll carry the day...

I remember an old SAS fella in England telling one time when we were at a pub, about his time in Northern Ireland...one story had them shooting something (shotgun maybe) which involved fishing line and hooks, which he said would spin down the street taking junks outta folks.  Mighta just been beer talk, but it was a luridly graphic story at the time!  Kinda reminds me of this  bullet in a way.

Guest Bonedaddy

14" inch spread sort of rules out head shots in hostage situation, eh? Actually, any precision shot at all.

- OS

That's the first thing I thought of when I saw this the other day. Would make you useless in that situation. Might as well not even have a gun. I would like to try a turkey with it, though.

Guest TresOsos

I also wonder about penetration of the individual segments.

Will one individual segment penetrate enought to hit vitals and incapacitate the perp.

Looks they are great for cutting up paper targets.

I don't even see how the guys in the video kept a straight face. I would love to see balistics gel tests for an even bigger laugh. That is if the "slugs" would penetrate a good Hanes T shirt. Better yet, just make a pan of jell-o and stand it up edge ways and fire. Probably wouldn't ping the bottom of the bowl.
I found a 30 min video on YouTubr where they did some range tests. Found none on gel test (surprise). On paper the pretty little 'x' went through the target. But if fired at a human when one of the three projectiles enters it will be pulling on b & c and so on. Not allowing for any penetration.
  • 3 weeks later...