East TN April shoot

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I logged on the night of the shoot with a long list of thank you's and good to see you's. somehow I got logged out(guess I should have typed faster).

I really enjoyed meeting all the new faces and definitely had fun staying up till 4am talking with Mark and Suntzu.

Katy, I loved shooting with you guys. I was tempted to ask your Hubby to let me shoot his lever action but I got sidetracked.

As for the Mauser, it's a nice, straight shooting rifle and you're welcome to shoot it when ever I have it at the shoots. I was impressed that you chose it over the Garand!

I especially enjoyed talking to Gunslinger707 and his whole family! great folks!

There were so many more to say hi to and to thank for coming (Jan and Plinkerbell,pontiac to name a few that I remember)...but I am tired and have a lot to do tomorrow.

thanks to EVERYONE for coming...and especially thanks to Mark@sea and Sue for putting the shoot on.

I especially liked the medals that you guys got!!

someone should post a picture of one of them up!!!

Edited by towerclimber37
Guest SUNTZU

I had a great time, as well. Refurbing that lantern til the wee hours of the morning was a lot of fun. Sue's food was amazing, and I especially appreciate all of the coffee after staying up all night with Mark, Elliot, and partways with Mike, til he drifted off to sleep. ;)

It was great to see all the young'uns there being taught how to shoot. It was a real pleasure to get to meet gunslinger707 and watch him pick off targets with that M1A. You could see that qualifying back in '67 (I think is when you said you qualified) never left you. You guys shoulda seen the years drop from this man as he started knocking them down. It was a great pleasure watching you shoot.

The service rifle shoot was so much fun! I love my Garand! It was fun checking out Krasis' toys that he brought. He got called into work, but I am looking forward to shooting with you again! Jay, the silent shooter. It was fun meeting your family, as well. I have some pictures that I will post or send out to those I talked to Saturday. 70below put this WOP to shame with that tommygun. "We're going to have a contest, see"! 2HOW and his wife are one of the coolest couples I've met, with some serious hardware to boot.

It was great meeting and shooting with everyone! Coming in third on the service rifle shoot was fun as well!

Guest birdman

Pissed I Missed!!:rofl:

I had to help my sister move in to her new apt. this sat. or I would've been there! I was pumped about meeting everybody. O well, I just might take you up on that plinking offer sometime in the near future. I've got a new scope to sight in and my buddy just bought a saiga AK .308 that needs broken in!