East TN April shoot

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest pontiac_fiero_g

i tried to pm you mark@sea but couldnt seem to get it to work for me but is this for everybody even noobs or just a select group and if its for everybody then could i bring my chick if i come?

Guest bkelm18
i tried to pm you mark@sea but couldnt seem to get it to work for me but is this for everybody even noobs or just a select group and if its for everybody then could i bring my chick if i come?

Yes sir, these shoots are open to everybody. I'm sure Mark@Sea wouldn't mind if you brought a guest.

Mark@Sea is now Mark at home. Been working on the Honey-Do list, but have the wood for new target stands. Have a new charcoal grill, so our old one is getting transferred to the range.

Everyone is welcome to the shoot. Excellent opportunity to meet folks, and for new shooters a good chance to pick up pointers on marksmanship, safe gun handling, and the preferred methods for conducting anti-chipmunk operations (TGO has an in-house, internationally recognised expert).

The theme for this shoot is service rifles, but you don't have to bring one. Bring what you want to shoot! Even if it is a (gasp) Glock... :D If you're interested in service rifles, or think you might be, there will be some on the rack available for you to shoot.

Glad to see that you finally at home.

I am really looking forward to the shoot, the camping part of it too. I am hoping for some dry weather but I am prepared for most circumstances for camping.

I have been holding off shooting the M1 so I have an ample supply of ammo to shoot.

Going to bring the SKS and Mosin Nagant too. Love the service rifles!

I will probably bring the '58 Remington to make a nice cover of smoke too. I don't think I have shot that piece with regular cap and ball loads since you were home last time. I need to strip it down and clean the dyno oil out of it to make it shootable for the Holy Black.

Don't let Sue wear you out with the honey do list.

Good news, Mike. Kevin got 25 cases of Aguila .30 carbine in. I'm thinking about getting a case myself and having him bring it up (he'll be here before the shoot). He also got a pallet of 7.62x39, if you need any. Don't have prices yet...

I have made arrangements to be there also! Julie has to work, but I'll be down for a few days. I'm REALLY looking forward to this!

It will be good to see the old faces as well as new ones...and really nice to shoot service rifles again.

I will be bringing the Yugo mauser, m44, the Ishapore .308 cal Enfield, and the 1866 Yellowboy. Pistols will probably include the EMP, the pa-63 and the I think that's enough for me..I'll be days cleaning them afterwards...but I'll also bring my lantern to fire up.

Mark I am not sure where I stand on ammo purchases, especially for the SKS. I am giving real hard thought to selling it when the near thousand rounds I have for it are depleted. I have been giving a lot of thought to reducing my caliber needs.

BP stuff excepted I am thinking about keeping only .22's, .30 carbine, .32auto and .45 auto

If I have any cash left when I get back from Arizona I may be interested in relieving you of some .30 carbine ammo though.

You get addicted to that .32 Mike?

I dunno if addicted is the right word, I may want to upgrade to a better firearm in that caliber. But I like it fine, especially since I put work, effort and eyesight into making it reliable. I think it makes a fine bug. So when I shoot Daniel with it he can get mad right away. Rather than later when he finds he was shot like what would play out with the .25 ;)

And UPS just delivered 250 rounds to me for it.

Guest SUNTZU
I dunno if addicted is the right word, I may want to upgrade to a better firearm in that caliber. But I like it fine, especially since I put work, effort and eyesight into making it reliable. I think it makes a fine bug. So when I shoot Daniel with it he can get mad right away. Rather than later when he finds he was shot like what would play out with the .25 :D

And UPS just delivered 250 rounds to me for it.

May they all FTF. J/K. :D What kind of 7.62 ammo, Mark? Is it corrosive?

May they all FTF. J/K. :D What kind of 7.62 ammo, Mark? Is it corrosive?

It might be destiny! That little spring jumped up outta there, hid for a while, and then made an appearance when needed. :D Hold it, that's another thread.

Guest Boomhower
"Mark@Sea" is now Mark at home.

That's good to hear Mark!!

Elliott, hope you ain't blowin smoke :D!

Mike.....what day are you going up?

I've got my calendar marked, and am watching closely. I am really wanting to make it up there.

18 April My place just outside Kingsport - PM if you need directions. Up to 100 yards, emphasis for this shoot will be on service rifle (Garand, AR's, M1 carbine), other mil-surps acceptable, but not required! Suggested that you bring a shooting mat (something to lay on for prone firing), and a dozen or more cans of tomato juice or equivalent as targets. Contest, both centerfire and rimfire rifle; Iron sights, timed, reactive targets (zombies masquerading as cans of tomato juice). Winner receives choice of lace-on GI type leather cheekpad, leather GI sling, or large bag of empty tomato juice cans, redeemable for valuable prizes at your local recycler. Special competition, 7 to 12 year olds, rimfire rifle (bring or borrow one from me - the rifle, not the kid). Extra cool prize for winner and runner up. Campers welcome before, during and after the shoot. Cookout on-site, I'll supply coleman stoves. Emphasis on fellowship, fun and safety.

What size juice cans?