HB0962 - Restaurant Carry

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JavaGuy
If a majority of house and senate in committee agree, the agreement on the report would be adopted to go to governor.

Today, house holds action, and a committee be formed. That is were we are today

If/when they reach a majority opinion in the conference committee, that opinion becomes a conference committee report. The report is then presented to the House AND to the Senate as what will effectively become an amendment making up the new language of the bill.

If both the House AND Senate adopt that conference committee report and make it "their" action on the bill, why.. then it will go to the governor.

If/when they reach a majority opinion in the conference committee, that opinion becomes a conference committee report. The report is then presented to the House AND to the Senate as what will effectively become an amendment making up the new language of the bill.

If both the House AND Senate adopt that conference committee report and make it "their" action on the bill, why.. then it will go to the governor.

I believe that is correct.

I don't think anything goes straight from the confrence committee to the Governor, but back to both houses for consideration.

Guest db99wj

Yep, I typed too fast and missed something, the committee agrees and it goes back to the House and Senate to "vote" on the agreement, then to the governor. It appeared to be almost a "non issue" if it comes out of committee agreed upon. That they will go through the process that they have to and send on up to the governor. That is my understanding.

I will edit my post above so that is not misleading.

Guest Khitan

Link to House members. Just put in your street address and city:

District Maps - TN General Assembly

Just spoke with Hillary in Rep. Coley office. Sweet lady, asked her to let Rep. Coley know that I was happy with his vote. I also sent him an email. I also sent an email to Sen. Kyle letting him know that if he didnt change his vote then I would be forced to change mine.

Guest HexHead
Would the amendments under consideration allow me, a permit holder, to carry into an establishment that sells beer for off-premises consumption (Kroger, Mapco, etc.)?

You can already to that. It was changed years ago.

Tennessee Firearms Association, Inc.

Legislative Action Committee

The House voted on April 30 not to accept the Senate bill - for a 2nd time. That triggered the appointment of a conference committee.

The committee meeting is tentatively scheduled on Monday, May 4 at 2:00 PM in LP31.

House Video: Start at 35 minutes

http://tnga.granicus.com/MediaPlayer.php?view_id=2&clip_id=1346

House Conference Members are Todd, McCord, Armstrong, Bass, Casada

http://www.capitol.tn.gov/house/members/

Senate Conference Members are: Jackson, Finney, Burchett, Stanley, Beavers

http://www.capitol.tn.gov/senate/members/

I would strongly recommend phone calls to all conference members. I suspect we don't have to worry about the Senate members but we need to encourage the House members.

Be firm. Insist that the conference committee adopt and recommend the Senate action. The one possible qualification on the Senate action would be stripping out the definition of a restaurant, however, its a good bill even with that language still in.

John Harris

Executive Director

Guest HexHead

Okay, I may be dense here, but the House again today wouldn't accept the Senate version. Assuming for a moment, the bill comes out of committee as essentially the Senate bill as there's been a lot of speculating here that it will, why are we so sure the House will accept it this time? Third time the charm?

I've heard it will come out with just an exclusion for beer joints, but who knows?

Guest db99wj
I think there may be some behind the scenes work going on and this is the route the bill will have to take to make all look good and save face.

But I do not know for sure.....

I agree. Things have to play our accordingly.

They just mentioned on the radio that Monday is the day.

Okay, I may be dense here, but the House again today wouldn't accept the Senate version. Assuming for a moment, the bill comes out of committee as essentially the Senate bill as there's been a lot of speculating here that it will, why are we so sure the House will accept it this time? Third time the charm?

I've heard it will come out with just an exclusion for beer joints, but who knows?

http://www.capitol.tn.gov/Bills/106/Bill/SB1127.pdf

Defines what a restaurant is for the purpose of allowing HCP to carry.

Not sure if those if this phrase "...and such restaurant is not an age-restricted venue." whatever that means. Seems it tries to define bars by using age restriction.

in the end we should get it with no restrictions or with the age restriction. I like John and others would prefer no restrictions but at the end of the day I want something and can live with the age restriction. But hey thats just me and my humble opinion.

I honestly think we will be fine unless something fishy or confusing happens.

House Conference Members are Todd, McCord, Armstrong, Bass, Casada...

Armstrong votes against ANY HCP expansion bill in any form, as far as I can tell. Won't even return an email, not even with a staffer.

EDIT: Hmmm, he voted FOR the loaded long guns and dropping the fingerprint thing at purchase. Mea culpa. Maybe there's hope yet for him.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot