KNOXVILLE RK GUN SHOW, expectations?

Guest (BH)

Guest streaker

i think,gun shows are fine to go and see what's out there to be had ,but show are like auctions,you need more money, than sense. because everyone there will try to capitalize on the market ,new prices for a used weapon.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, quite the pocket emptying affair today.

In spite of leaving with a real thin wallet at the end of 6 hours examing every nook and cranny in the place I thought it was one of the better gun shows I have been to.

I did make a smart comment or two to people who were trying their best to rip anyone and everyone off with their overpriced Walmart ammo. Saw one guy trying to get 38 bucks for boxes of .30 carbine ammo. Before we left I saw him again and he still had almost all of it. I found another vendor, an old guy who is at all the shows, he had the same stuff for 21 a box, picked up a few of them.

First purchase was a 500 round box of Ga Arms .45 ACP. Priced at about 34 cents a round, and you get to keep the ammo can. So I feel it was a real fair deal.

Picked up one long stick. I will talk about it later after I shake it out and see what it can do. It is gonna take a lot of elbow grease, steel wool and solvent to find out.

Lots of fun, all in all it was a very pleasurable show to go to. but to be honest the company I kept today during the show is what made it a lot of fun.

Oh yeah no stitches required but I got a heck of a cut on a finger tip, dang knife would have took my arm off if I had given it a chance to. The Swiss really know how to make a knife blade. In spite of the damage I was really happy to find it and bring it home, I needed a new working blade for daily use.

We did have a great time!

The crowd started out big but was manageable. Lots of space to walk around and lots of tables.

Ammo was everywhere and no one was buying the 3x or 4x overpriced Wal-Mart ammo. I'm thinking the gougers may have finally hit the plateau. That or everyone already has everything they need!

Like the rest of the buch, got away with enough cash to get a Coke on the way home. Found the nicest Yugo M48 I've ever seen so that followed me home plus a buch of other little odds & ends.

Guest Spuds
Saw one guy trying to get 38 bucks for boxes of .30 carbine ammo. Before we left I saw him again and he still had almost all of it. I found another vendor, an old guy who is at all the shows, he had the same stuff for 21 a box, picked up a few of them.

Since wallyworld's price on the 30 carbine is 26.97 before tax, you need to go back and give the man $8.57 more a box so he can at least break even. I mean, just as you wouldn't wish to pay insanely high prices, surely you wouldn't want to pay insanely low prices, would you? :)

I was there about 4 hours... About 90% full. No crowd. Had a chance to carry on conversations with several venders... Had a GREAT time.. NOW my wife wants to go tomorrow since I told her there were CCW Pocketbooks.

She stole my Sig P239 9mm so now I'm beating the bushes trying to find a P239 .40 for me. Darn! Why did I EVER think I could manage her shooting habits.

I was there about 4 hours... About 90% full. No crowd. Had a chance to carry on conversations with several venders... Had a GREAT time.. NOW my wife wants to go tomorrow since I told her there were CCW Pocketbooks.

She stole my Sig P239 9mm so now I'm beating the bushes trying to find a P239 .40 for me. Darn! Why did I EVER think I could manage her shooting habits.

I noticed some reasonable and low priced handguns at the show today. Prices may be better tomorrow. Some of the vendors would probably rather sell something instead of packing it up and taking it home.

Since wallyworld's price on the 30 carbine is 26.97 before tax, you need to go back and give the man $8.57 more a box so he can at least break even. I mean, just as you wouldn't wish to pay insanely high prices, surely you wouldn't want to pay insanely low prices, would you? :D

seeing as the carbine ammo in question is Aguila and not sold at Walmart I don't think you know what you are talking about. Reads to me that you may be one of the Walmart gougers, dunno :poop: I did not see one box of Remington Carbine ammo and I believe that is what Wallys sells. I don't mind a guy making a buck or two, but the walmart ammo I saw for sale was ripoff city.

Edited by Mike.357
Someone had to pick up your slack, :D

Blew my budget on ammo. I'm starting a new gun show fund envelope next payday. I would like to get one of those heavy duty spinners if they are available at the show in July or August. Those 4 spinners with the shoot to reset looked nice.

I like the spinners too, if I had not already over bought I would have got one. I am hopeful the guys that bought them will bring them when we shoot, LOL Maybe I will get lucky and they will forget one here at my place.

The heavy plate single spinner was defnitely worth 20 bucks.

Blew my budget on ammo. I'm starting a new gun show fund envelope next payday. I would like to get one of those heavy duty spinners if they are available at the show in July or August. Those 4 spinners with the shoot to reset looked nice.

Those spinners were a great deal. $20 for the single up to .45 caliber. The resetting one with 4 below and one up top was $55 if I recall correctly (same 3/8" steel). The .22 version was slightly cheaper.

I like the spinners too, if I had not already over bought I would have got one. I am hopeful the guys that bought them will bring them when we shoot, LOL Maybe I will get lucky and they will forget one here at my place.

Just don't shoot it with a yelloow tip 7.62x54. :D

That's what they're for! Just remember, rated for .22 to .45 caliber doesn't include .30 caliber rifle. :D

Guest Spuds
seeing as the carbine ammo in question is Aguila and not sold at Walmart I don't think you know what you are talking about. Reads to me that you may be one of the Walmart gougers, dunno :poop: I did not see one box of Remington Carbine ammo and I believe that is what Wallys sells. I don't mind a guy making a buck or two, but the walmart ammo I saw for sale was ripoff city.

Seeing as you wrote

I did make a smart comment or two to people who were trying their best to rip anyone and everyone off with their overpriced Walmart ammo. Saw one guy trying to get 38 bucks for boxes of .30 carbine ammo. Before we left I saw him again and he still had almost all of it. I found another vendor, an old guy who is at all the shows, he had the same stuff for 21 a box, picked up a few of them.

it appears you can't be believed. Is it Walmart ammo, or isn't it? Make up your mind.

Just because you can't seem to write with any clarity, I see that doesn't preclude you from making asinine assumptions. How does my pointing out your contradictory facts make me a gouger? :D

Seeing as you wrote

it appears you can't be believed. Is it Walmart ammo, or isn't it? Make up your mind.

Just because you can't seem to write with any clarity, I see that doesn't preclude you from making asinine assumptions. How does my pointing out your contradictory facts make me a gouger? :D

Don't mince words. Everyone who's in the business of M1 Carbines knows how much Aguila goes for, where it can be found and for how much. Wal-Mart has nothing to do with it.

How did this become a personal attack? How are you a gouger?