KNOXVILLE RK GUN SHOW, expectations?

Guest (BH)

Guest SUNTZU

I bought some Tannerite. I also picked up one of the spinners and some shooting gear and hats. I didn't pick up a firearm. I bought my cousin a nice handmade stag handle skinning knife for when he bags his first deer. I enjoyed Mike's comments to the price gougers. I did try to talk a cop out of his service piece, but he was reluctant to sell. :poop::D

Most of the tables I saw with the Walmart ammo also had pictures of O-dog portrayed as salesman of the year. I didn't see any of this ammo moving off of tables either.

Since wallyworld's price on the 30 carbine is 26.97 before tax, you need to go back and give the man $8.57 more a box so he can at least break even. I mean, just as you wouldn't wish to pay insanely high prices, surely you wouldn't want to pay insanely low prices, would you? :D

Why would you even post the above? Meet us at the gate next time and you can witness the idiotic pricing for yourself.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bluemax

Had a great time at the show today. Got to meet and do a little biz with Spuds...Absolute first rate and class act guy IMO.

Crossed off two items on my wish list, a strike force stock and laser for a SKS project I'm working on. Still looking for a nice set of grips and a stainless guide rod for my Kahr MK40

Okay, I am not here to piss people off or start a fight. I apologize for you misinterpreting what I wrote. I apologize that I did not write with enough clarity.

To be clear, there were people selling high price ripoff Walmart ammo. That's one sentence. There was a guy selling high priced extra-rip off carbine ammo, thats another sentence. I never said the carbine ammo was from Walmart. There was one gentleman selling carbine ammo at a fair mark up, he is who I bought from. I did not buy every box he had, I bought three boxes. I almost wonder if another seller at the show bought his 21 dollar a box ammo then took it to their table to try to sell for 31 dollars or more.

The reason I assume you may be a Walmart gouger is that you are at these shows. You know prices. Most all the Walmart ammo gougers had other items on their table. Items like surplus rifles and the ilk. You became defensive about my comment on carbine ammo. You told me I owed a seller more money. Is it more of a stretch for me to think you are selling Walmart ammo as it was a stretch for you to assume I was referring to carbine ammo from Walmart? Besides the fact that there was not one single box of Remington .30 carbine ammo at the show.

Why was your post an overt attempt to start trouble with me? My original post made no attempt to call you out. I do not know you from any other seller at that show.

I bought some Tannerite. I also picked up one of the spinners and some shooting gear and hats. I didn't pick up a firearm. I bought my cousin a nice handmade stag handle skinning knife for when he bags his first deer. I enjoyed Mike's comments to the price gougers. I did try to talk a cop out of his service piece, but he was reluctant to sell. :up::D

Most of the tables I saw with the Walmart ammo also had pictures of O-dog portrayed as salesman of the year. I didn't see any of this ammo moving off of tables either.

Were you at the show? :cool:

How did I miss that you did not buy a gun? I must have thought the cop parted with his butt shooter. :):P

I hope your cousin liked the blade, it was a nice looking piece.

You infidel you :D

Edited by Mike.357
What about the nothing special .22 ammo at $7.25 for 50?

heck, that Winchester in the 50 rd silver boxes made all the other ammo being sold look like great deals. That guy must be particularly wacked, near 8 bucks/50 rds. for everyday .22lr :)

Wish I had the dough to go back again today :up:

Guest Spuds

Bluemax, thanks for the complements. Obviously you are no judge of character, but it's good that you have at least one fault! It was very much my pleasure to meet such a gentleman, scholar, and dog owner as yourself. :)

Guest Spuds

To be clear, there were people selling high price ripoff Walmart ammo. That's one sentence. There was a guy selling high priced extra-rip off carbine ammo, thats another sentence. I never said the carbine ammo was from Walmart. There was one gentleman selling carbine ammo at a fair mark up, he is who I bought from. I did not buy every box he had, I bought three boxes. I almost wonder if another seller at the show bought his 21 dollar a box ammo then took it to their table to try to sell for 31 dollars or more.

Progress, at least you recognize that what you wrote lead readers to believe you were talking about wallyworld ammo. Tends to happen when you put two sentences together back to back.

But one still has to wonder why you would have the following thought, that someone might take the remainder of the Aquilla ammo to their table and sell for a higher price? Are you always so suspicious? So negative?

The answer is simple: Don't buy it! Move on! What good does griping about it as if it is a capital offense? I saw a ton of ridiculously priced ammo at the show, I simply smiled and went on my way. Why concern myself, or worse still, others with the matter? It won't sell, and if it does, well, it's not my business.

The reason I assume you may be a Walmart gouger is that you are at these shows. You know prices. Most all the Walmart ammo gougers had other items on their table. Items like surplus rifles and the ilk. You became defensive about my comment on carbine ammo. You told me I owed a seller more money. Is it more of a stretch for me to think you are selling Walmart ammo as it was a stretch for you to assume I was referring to carbine ammo from Walmart? Besides the fact that there was not one single box of Remington .30 carbine ammo at the show.

I had an SKS on my table, and one of my table-mates had a Mauser rifle, so that makes me a gouger? I pointed out that you griped and groaned about folks selling ammo for too high a price, but your poorly worded reply seemed to indicate you paid too low a price for some ammo by this suddenly all important wallyworld price standard. That makes me a gouger? I responded to your (poorly written) post simply because I did see Remington 30 carbine on two tables at the show (ergo your "fact" is a falsehood.) One table had it for $38 a box, the other had it for $32 a box. Is one a gouger? Both? Maybe the $38 a box guy purchased his from the $32 a box guy? Or maybe it went through two other guys, getting marked up each time?

The facts are you just don't know. That's my point. That, and belly-aching never solved a thing. Laugh, and move on.

Two other things: one of the highest prices I saw for WWB Valu-Pak 9mm was on Steve Parton's table. You know, the guy with a whole island of ammo and accessories, big blue banner over it saying T.G.T.? Steve had the win 9mm 100 round packs for $32.99 IIRC. Steve collects sales tax, so if you bought a box from him, the $22 OTD wallyworld price becomes $35+. Is Steve/T.G.T. gouging folks? They don't seem to know it, as they were stacked up 3 deep around his table two shows ago when folks were nuts for ammo. Or is it OK since Steve doesn't have surplus rifles and other items on his tables? (Though sometimes he does!) If OK, then you are saying Steve's not a gouger at $32.99, but Joe 3 tables away is because he bought it from wallyworld and is selling it for $26, $9 less than Steve's price with tax?

Secondly, perhaps Steve doesn't buy his ammo from wallyworld, but direct from a wholesaler. You know, the distributors who employ your fellow citizens? Like T.G.I. right there in Knoxville. Maybe he doesn't have wallyworld's buying power, perhaps he's paying $28 a box for the same stuff wallyworld gets for $14 due to their enormous purchase volume. The fact is, wallyworld sells ammo for less than most dealers can purchase it for "wholesale." This whole standard of judging ammunition prices by what wallyworld sells it for is pure and utter bull:poop: . Everyone likes a deal--that's great. Me too! But don't condemn a guy to death row over his ammo price when you have no clue of all the facts.

Guest SUNTZU
Progress, at least you recognize that what you wrote lead readers to believe you were talking about wallyworld ammo. Tends to happen when you put two sentences together back to back.

I'm a steel reader, or is that still? So long as you are being the self appointed grammar Nazi and all.

grammar_nazi.jpg

my feeble little brain can't take all this bickering in....i don't know what the hell you guys are talking about. if you want the ammo, buy it....if it's too high, don't buy it. See there, problem solved. Geezzzz:bored::blah::snore::popcorn::rant::hat::cry::bs:

Guest joeharris

My Family and i were there 3-5 pm, and i was shocked as to how low attendence was, talked to aboput 10 vendor's who said the same, also seemed like about 20 empty tables and the isle's were spread out further than usuall.

Had a good time, but nothing much on mil-surp's, rifles or pistols, ammo i looked at was still high, 1000 round's of X39 for $325. + tax, 200 round's of SS 109 for $190. + Tax, lower end AK's and AR's went down, but the high end stuff has not!

My kid brother had been wanting a Sig 556 Classic, which is a new type, he saw one at a Dealer from Clev. it was marked $1899. + Tax, etc, he asked him for his best deal OTD, guy said $1850.

Then he saw another one just 1 table over and the Dealer said $1700. OTD, so he bought it and it was a great Deal!

I ran into JOHNO from the AK Forum, and talked to him a while, great dude and then ran into our own Spuds, and talked to him a while, he always has great stuff at decent prices, have bought several guns from him in the last 1 1/2 yr.

Picked myself up a camping knive, hope the show at Camp Jordan next week will be good, with a lot of milsurp's!

But as alway's some Dealer's will ripp you off, not only on guns but ammo as well, that is why i always keep up on prices on anything i am interested in. Saw 3 AMD 65 AK's ranging from $579. -$699. Saw 3 FN PS-90's, $1799.-$1999. Keltec pf-9 for $350. PLR -16 for $650, no handguard!

Seem's Frontier Firearm's out of Knox. are the biggest rip-off seller's there

and usually the best dealer is T&T, from whom i bought several guns in the last yr.

Guest 70below

I had a growing respect for frontier firearms until the guy with the shaved head and goatee told a buddy of mine that he used to have a Ford key and could steal his mustang if he still had it. Not to mention he always seems to have much more to say than I care to listen to. Judge not a business by one man I guess. I didn't even see what prices they had at the gun show because I was avoiding that fellow.

I found it humorous that one dealer had two Ruger LCP's for $350 each, while another was selling theirs for $500. I certainly tend to remember the guys that keep their prices low, even though they probably could have sold those LCP's for more. They took their margin and were happy with it. As far as ammo goes, had Georgia Arms not been there, the marked up ammo may have sold.

I had a growing respect for frontier firearms until the guy with the shaved head and goatee told a buddy of mine that he used to have a Ford key and could steal his mustang if he still had it. Not to mention he always seems to have much more to say than I care to listen to. Judge not a business by one man I guess. I didn't even see what prices they had at the gun show because I was avoiding that fellow.

I found it humorous that one dealer had two Ruger LCP's for $350 each, while another was selling theirs for $500. I certainly tend to remember the guys that keep their prices low, even though they probably could have sold those LCP's for more. They took their margin and were happy with it. As far as ammo goes, had Georgia Arms not been there, the marked up ammo may have sold.

Agree with you about G.A. Got a delivery Fri of 1K .40 and picked up 700 rds of their .38 cowboy loads. They went fasst at $11.50 per 50.

Great avatar BTW. If you could just get the "chink" sound effect of the ejection.

Guest joeharris

2 yrs. ago i bought a new Sig 556 for $1250, went into Frontier Firearm and the same gun was $1480! They had a PS 90 for $1899. other dealers were $150 cheaper on the same gun at that show. They have nice stuff at Frontier at an outrageous price, but at their store they have some type of low price guarantee, when told them about my Sig 2 yrs. ago they asked where i got it!

I keep up with prices on AW's and T&T always have the best at all shows and i always negotiate it down!

they have been supplying you with your new found crack.

Also known as Hi-Point firearms.:usa:

Yeah baby yeah!

Now if I can find a HCP badge with colored blinking lights, I'm all set!

And if I do, I'll start open carrying this:

92SSPRL-17.jpg

- OS

Edited by OhShoot
Guest m&pc9
Yeah baby yeah!

Now if I can find a HCP badge with colored blinking lights, I'm all set!

And if I do, I'll start open carrying this:

92SSPRL-17.jpg

- OS

You ask

flash-badges1-1.gif