KNOXVILLE RK GUN SHOW, expectations?

Guest (BH)

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't have a great deal of money to spend, so I upgraded a shotgun and a High-Point Carbine with new stocks from Ken Arnold's booth. He gave me a great deal! I was happy. Didn't seem to me many people were buying this afternoon. Come very close to picking up a Mosin M-44. Guy had a a decent price, but I was more interested in the stocks by that point. I went looking for a nice ruger 10/22, but didn't see any at a decent price.

And like Mike .357, I came a way with a nice cheap knife. Got a Smith & Wesson H.R.T. for $13. A Buddy and my went in on two and got them both for $26. I got no free bandaids though, so I guess I got screwed... :usa: Not really, I was happy! It was a nice show.:ugh:

Yeah baby yeah!

Now if I can find a HCP badge with colored blinking lights, I'm all set!

And if I do, I'll start open carrying this:

92SSPRL-17.jpg

- OS

I noticed you had your eye on that Big-Pimpin' gat and you passed it up for a High-Point. :usa: Need to work on those priorities! :ugh:

Guest 70below
Come very close to picking up a Mosin M-44. Guy had a a decent price, but I was more interested in the stocks by that point.

Let me guess? $95 out the door? :(

I noticed you had your eye on that Big-Pimpin' gat and you passed it up for a High-Point. :( Need to work on those priorities! ;)

Well, I needed something with good warranty. I can't wait 3 months or more to get a piece of bling replaced on a Taurus!

By the way, ran 74 flawless ball and hollow point +p rounds through that HP "compact" 9 today including using one of the carbine mags.

Toward the end I even got the sights tweaked well enough to actually keep them all on 8x11.5 paper, at whatever distance that first target row is. :)

Dunno why I've spent so much money on real guns. :)

- OS

Guest joeharris

I saw that M-44, it was $90. OTD but was missing the bay. and looked very rough, about the roughest i have ever seen, Ding and dent city, i laughed at it, would not have paid more than $25. OTD for that one!:D

Guest 70below

The one I'm referring to was actually a 1956 Chinese T53 (pretty much the same as an M44 just with chinese markings). It was pretty beat, but they aren't very common either, and I'm fairly certain it was $95 OTD as one our board brethren bought its longer cousin at the same table.

it is amazing what some elbow grease, gasoline, elbow grease, Hoppes9, steel wool, 133 patches and a bunch of elbow grease can do to an old rifle.

i thought that Chicom Mosin showed some promise if someone cared enough to show it some love and tenderness.

Not much you can do with the wood though when it is bad. One just has to decide if it is too bad for them to love.

FWIW my knife is a piece of finely crafted Suisse Steel and an absolute bargain (not cheap) at the price I paid. It would have cost double from Smokey Mountain Knife Works. It replaces its twin that I carried for many moons and was mysteriously lost out of my luggage when I went to Arizona about two months ago.

it is amazing what some elbow grease, gasoline, elbow grease, Hoppes9, steel wool, 133 patches and a bunch of elbow grease can do to an old rifle.

i thought that Chicom Mosin showed some promise if someone cared enough to show it some love and tenderness.

Not much you can do with the wood though when it is bad. One just has to decide if it is too bad for them to love.

FWIW my knife is a piece of finely crafted Suisse Steel and an absolute bargain (not cheap) at the price I paid. It would have cost double from Smokey Mountain Knife Works. It replaces its twin that I carried for many moons and was mysteriously lost out of my luggage when I went to Arizona about two months ago.

Ya think "Mary" had anything to do with the missing knife?

Ya think "Mary" had anything to do with the missing knife?

LOL

Nah, thought I have no doubt he might have pee'd himself if he had seen it.

It was lost IMHO at the Knoxville airport when they went through my stuff after I checked the bag and walked away.

I saw that M-44, it was $90. OTD but was missing the bay. and looked very rough, about the roughest i have ever seen, Ding and dent city, i laughed at it, would not have paid more than $25. OTD for that one!:poop:

I saw that one, but this wasn't it. This one had one of those yellowish, orange colored stocks and was in really good condition. It was probably a pretty good deal at $110.

The other was an old warhorse that needed a lot of tender loving care, that I don't have time to provide. Never even asked the price on it. I think that was the only ones I saw.