East TN June Shoot

Guest 70below

I may be able to do the 13th, but I'm thinking I'll be on a two week work trip to Indiana that week. I'll check my schedule when I get back in town.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BigJ45

The 13th sounds good to me, I don't have anything planned. What time do you all usually get together? We can meet out around the interstate and follow me in, either at the Norris exit or Racoon Valley as I am about in the middle of them. Jason

I think we normally shoot (pun intended) for 11 am blast off.

I would guess the Norris exit would work for everyone. We could meet in some parking lot there, or meet a bit earlier for breakfast. Isn't there a Shoneys at that exit?

Sounds like it is coming together

9:30 to 10 o'clock at Shoneys I-75 exit 122 on June 13th 2009 it is. Breakfast and Blastin.

Motion carries. I am sure I will see you then. Looking forward to it.

Nothing beats a Shoneys breakfast buffet.

BTW, is parking at your place a problem? Should we encourage car-pooling?

Guest kg4tyr

What is the format of these shoots?

I have a 9mm pistol and would be interested in coming, but have no idea what is being shot, how much ammo to bring, etc.

Thanks,

David

What is the format of these shoots?

I have a 9mm pistol and would be interested in coming, but have no idea what is being shot, how much ammo to bring, etc.

Thanks,

David

Most people will let you shoot a few through what they brought too. That's what made me want to get my SKS and Mosin.

What is the format of these shoots?..

Format? We doan need no steekin format... :down:

Come on out, it's fun...bring all the ammo you can spare; if you like to shoot other folks' weapons, it's nice to be able to contribute some ammo toward that..I'll have 2 or 3 or 4 9mm devices myself...

Paper targets, metal spinners, metal/paper plates, bottles (filled with water is great), cans, etc.

I always bring a .22 or three on top of anything else ... got a pretty good stockpile of ammo, so I sure don't mind me or anybody else burning up 500-1000 rounds of that too.

I've probably now shot at least 20 different weapons that I would NEVER have gotten to without these get togethers...even just a couple of shots through something you've never fired before is really nifty, just to see what they feel like...

Hope to meet you...

- OS

Guest BigJ45

Bring anything that goes bang. We have fired everything from .17 to .50BMG and single shot to belt fed on my range. I have some steel on the range both handgun and rifle targets. I have two concrete benches at 200, one at 400 yards and one portable that we can use about anywhere. Also have a couple of clay target throwers so bring some clays and scatter guns if you want to. Bring plenty of handgun ammo and we can set up some steel challenge stages if anyone is interested. Parking shouldn't be much of a problem unless it has been raining then parking on the range will be limited, but we can leave some vehicles up on top of the hill and just take 4X4's on the range. See you all on the 13th. Jason

Bring anything that goes bang. We have fired everything from .17 to .50BMG and single shot to belt fed on my range. I have some steel on the range both handgun and rifle targets. I have two concrete benches at 200, one at 400 yards and one portable that we can use about anywhere. Also have a couple of clay target throwers so bring some clays and scatter guns if you want to. Bring plenty of handgun ammo and we can set up some steel challenge stages if anyone is interested. Parking shouldn't be much of a problem unless it has been raining then parking on the range will be limited, but we can leave some vehicles up on top of the hill and just take 4X4's on the range. See you all on the 13th. Jason

It would be great if someone could come up with one of those timers that are used in steel challenge, IDPA, etc. Winner could get an "atta boy".

Edited by bubbiesdad
spelling
Guest c.a.s.

I'm definitely coming to this shoot!

Sounds like it'll be great fun.

Though, most likely, I'll mostly be shooting .22LR XD

I'll shoot what I have left of Hardball .45ACP though, if we do a steel match to see just how bad I am compared ot everyone else.

Guest BigJ45
It would be great if someone could come up with one of those timers that are used in steel challenge, IDPA, etc. Winner could get an "atta boy".

Do I get a "atta boy" for having timers?

Guest Gun Geek

Sweet I am in. Definitely going this time, no shed project is going to stop me, bringing the big guns... 400 yard range, I just cant resist.

On the "atta boy" what if we pooled together for a competition - maybe $5 - $10 per person for it and get something cool for a prize? Scope, ammo, something, I dunno. But if we can get enough people that garantee/promiss to throw in and compete, one of us could pick something up that is agreeable then collect the $$ when we get to the range. Just a suggestion what do you think?

Guest MR. E

Dang! This sounds like a lot of fun. I'm new to this site and forum, but I would like to come if that's all right with you folks. I can bring my pawn shop reject gun collection and all the ammo I spent my wife's hard earned money on.:)

Guest Plunky

Are NFA items allowed? I might show up, depending on 2 things: finding enough ammo, and work not interfering. Work has been a pain lately, making me travel...

Sweet I am in. Definitely going this time, no shed project is going to stop me, bringing the big guns... 400 yard range, I just cant resist.

On the "atta boy" what if we pooled together for a competition - maybe $5 - $10 per person for it and get something cool for a prize? Scope, ammo, something, I dunno. But if we can get enough people that garantee/promiss to throw in and compete, one of us could pick something up that is agreeable then collect the $$ when we get to the range. Just a suggestion what do you think?

Big guns?

My Mosin is about 5' 5" with the bayonette attached.

Dang! This sounds like a lot of fun. I'm new to this site and forum, but I would like to come if that's all right with you folks. I can bring my pawn shop reject gun collection and all the ammo I spent my wife's hard earned money on.:screwy:

The shoot is open to all TGO Members, of course you are welcome.

I am a fan of rejected guns and ammo that someone else has paid for :)

Guest Gun Geek
Big guns?

My Mosin is about 5' 5" with the bayonette attached.

Well I have a Mosin too but it is a shorty I was thinking a larger caliber. :up: