Celebration of Liberty Presented by TGO, Outpost Armory and Barrett Firearms

Read the first post in this thread and then vote.  

136 members have voted

1. 1. Read the first post in this thread and then vote.

• YES -- You can absolutely count on me being there
    • NO -- A meeting of this nature would be of no interest to me whatsoever

• Administrator

2ndOrNone.jpg

Celebration Of Liberty

Saturday, October 17, 2009 - Christiana, Tennessee

Presented by: TNGunOwners.com, The Outpost Armory and Barrett Firearms, Inc.

This event will...

• Be a joint production of Tennessee Gun Owners, The Outpost Armory and Barrett Firearms.

• Be held just outside of Murfreesboro, Tennessee on the grounds of The Outpost Armory right near Barrett Firearms.

• Be held this October on Saturday, the date of which is to be announced.

• Involve food!

• Have guest speakers, potentially including members of Tennessee's State House and Senate, Tennessee US House and US Senate members.

• Potentially feature Nashville recording artists

• Potentially have representatives from the NRA-ILA (Institute for Legislative Action)

• Doorprize drawings!

This event is being planned as a way for TGO members from across Tennessee (and elsewhere!) to assemble, meet each other and also meet the elected officials who are shaping policy now and will be shaping policy in the months and years ahead... and to meet in a semi-informal setting much like the old fashioned "Tree Stump" rallies of years past.

Your elected Representatives want to meet with you!

Would you attend? Reply back and let us know!

Thanks! :)

Edited by TGO David
  • Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will bite second, :)

It is doubtful I would come, but not from lack of interest. It is just not feasible with what is already planned for the summer and my vacation time.

Thats why I did not vote. It interests me, just ain't happening.

Guest Gun Geek

I would love to go but, One question, will it be in a location that allows CCW? I just dont like traveling to places that are unknown to me unprotected. Maybe it is just me but....

Guest Bronker

Count me in, David. I may can play a role in securing Sen. Doug Jackson. I know him ok, but two of his brothers are very good friends of mine and would help sway him, if his attendance would be of any interest. My pro-gun state rep is a friend too, and was a co-sponsor of our restaurant bill.

I think it's a fantastic idea. Sure, the politicians might be there "politicking", but at least they will know what this contingent of constituents want, and if we show up in big #'s, they'll know that they ignore us at their own risk. David, I'm sure that Richard Floyd and Bo Watson would like to know. They are both very pro-gun (NRA members), and usually take time out to respond to my e-mails pretty promptly (usually within 2 hours). It's hard for me to get away from the Chattanooga area due to my job basically being short notice 24/7, but if we get a set date with good notice, I will make it point to attend.

• Administrator
The meet would be nice, but not if it's nothing more than a campaign rally for some damn politician.:)

Wow. I don't believe that's what I said it was going to be... I said that there might be several elected Representatives present and some may be invited to speak.

What's wrong with hearing what the people who will be helping shape policies in the years ahead have to say? Especially if you have the chance to approach them afterward and share your own thoughts?

• Administrator
I would love to go but, One question, will it be in a location that allows CCW? I just dont like traveling to places that are unknown to me unprotected. Maybe it is just me but....

Most definitely.

Wow. I don't believe that's what I said it was going to be... I said that there might be several elected Representatives present and some may be invited to speak.

What's wrong with hearing what the people who will be helping shape policies in the years ahead have to say? Especially if you have the chance to approach them afterward and share your own thoughts?

No offense intended. I have attended a couple of Tea Parties that pretty much devolved into campaign rallies. I guess I view most all of the folks living off of my tax dollars as part of the problem and not part of the solution. As for sharing my thoughts with them I suppose I'd have to say that I don't have enough money to be listened to. I don't have the ability to pay their way like John Gregory or one of those guys do.

Edited by Raoul
Guest Jcochran88

I am in as long as the bronker can give me a ride!

I am to cheap to drive to Nashville my self.

Edited by Jcochran88
  • Administrator

Just so it's clear, I don't have any intention of this being a fundraiser-by-the-plate sort of thing. The cost of a plate of BBQ is pretty much what it sounds like. $10-20'ish depending on what you eat. I realize that some folks assume that these events just mean that you're showing up and donating to a politician's victory fund. This is a return to tree-stumping where the politicians are invited to attend and address those whom will be voting upon their jobs very soon.

TGO commands a large membership and a large bisection of the Tennessee voter base. We already have elected Representatives who browse TGO even if they aren't registered members. Some are. The beauty of screen names, right? :)

The bottom line is that there are some good politicians out there who realize that the winds of change are upon us and realize that We The People want good changes being made on our behalf in the halls of Government. And they want to talk to you!

This conference has several purposes. First of all it's a way for TGO members to meet each other and put names with faces. Second of all it's a way for TGO's formidable voter-base to talk directly with the people who impact the laws passed and decisions made at the State and Federal level.

Heck, it would be fun just to get the TGO membership together like this once a year. It's even MORE fun to involve our elected Representatives. :hat:

Again... vote and let yourself be counted if you will make an honest effort to attend.

Guest se-real

I would be more than happy to attend! I would even invite a few non TGO members and hopefully get them to join. Two questions: when is the projected dates and would vendors have a small booth to advertise their services?

As long as it's not during my Honeymoon, I'll be there.

btw - David, let me know the names of some of the politicians you might be interested in attending the event. I have a few contacts here and there. Also, I don't know if Sen. Jackson lurks here but I know one of his relatives is a member.