Governor Phil Bredesen Vetoes HB0962 (Restaurant Carry Bill)

Guest ColdEspresso

I was surprised when I went thru 6 pages of posts. There were a lot of the same people being mentioned.

Then Punisher84 says don't worry. I wasn't looking for comments in that thread. Those can go here. If he don't want to help then that's fine. I think we need to stay very actively working until the vote is taken. I hope he's right and I ain't worrying but I'm still working very hard. If We all took Punishers attitude and just kicked back and did no more but then the House vote went against us then we are screwed so I ain't gonna quit.

There were a couple of guys that asked where we stood so I did something to let them know. No one will say I didn't do my part.

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was surprised when I went thru 6 pages of posts. There were a lot of the same people being mentioned.

Then Punisher84 says don't worry. I wasn't looking for comments in that thread. Those can go here. If he don't want to help then that's fine. I think we need to stay very actively working until the vote is taken. I hope he's right and I ain't worrying but I'm still working very hard. If We all took Punishers attitude and just kicked back and did no more but then the House vote went against us then we are screwed so I ain't gonna quit.

There were a couple of guys that asked where we stood so I did something to let them know. No one will say I didn't do my part.

Oh excuse me. I guess e-mailing and calling both Brian Kelsey and Paul Stanley everytime a bill has come up and talking to them about the veto override is nothing. I suppose educating people and telling people to contact their reps and senators at my place of employment (which happens to be in the firearms industry) is nothing.

Maybe YOU shouldn't jump to conclusions. There are about 5 people here freaking out thinking this won't happen because it didn't go exactly like you wished it should have. The house voted overwhelmingly in favor of this bill. The Senate voted for it and pushed for it WITHOUT restrictions. I'm confident it will pass, so are MANY others.

I apoligze for leaving my comment in your thread. I was under the impression that a person starting a thread might want others to post in it.

So tell me, what have YOU done to help this bill out besides bitch?

Guest benchpresspower

OK so I guess this has been asked before. Once the Senate votes it in does it automatically become law. Would really love to take the wife to dinner that evening as a "celebration" of how even though we may have a douche bag for a governor that legislation prevailed for our state.

I've never really followed a bill along the way until the past year. HB0962 got me started and I'm not accustomed to all the "back room" politics that happen to get these things done.

The whole magic trick that Kent Williams pulled has jaded me in to being pessimistic at times.

Patience, grasshopper..... patience....

Guest GT_Rat

My question would be once it is passed does it automatically go into effect immediately since June 1 is past or will we have to wait until NEXT June 1?

• Administrator
My question would be once it is passed does it automatically go into effect immediately since June 1 is past or will we have to wait until NEXT June 1?

Supposedly it will be backdated to have gone into effect yesterday.

by: Punisher84

I guess e-mailing and calling both Brian Kelsey and Paul Stanley everytime a bill has come up and talking to them about the veto override is nothing. I suppose educating people and telling people to contact their reps and senators at my place of employment (which happens to be in the firearms industry) is nothing.

you are doing a great job..thank you

Db

you know what is the funniest thing of all, I poses Hendgun Permit ,have gun in the car 24/7 but hardly ever carry on me....I can`t even remember when I had my gun on me last time,let alone taking it in the restaurant.... but I do believe that if person poses valid handgun permit, he/she should be able to carry in the restaurant if he/she chooses to do so...in that case drinking alcohol is out of the question, but we all understand that...

Db

Guest bkelm18

Received this from my Senator today:

Brandon:

Thank you for your recent communication regarding HB962. I appreciate

you taking the time to contact me on this matter.

Thank you for the very kind words in your e-mail.

I originally voted for this bill and feel that, under the second

amendment it is a right of the people. I am opposed to the Governor's

veto.

You have my assurance that your concerns and suggestions, as well as

those of my other constituents, will be reflected in my decision making

process as the Senate continues its work.

Randy

He's pretty non-committal as to whether he'll vote to overturn or not but he voted for it when it came through the senate, so I feel comfortable in saying that we'll have his vote again. He's got a pretty good track record. I haven't heard back from my Representative, but then again he never writes back. He is a democrat though, however he has voted in favor of the bill each time it came up for vote this year. Edited by bkelm18