Official Thread for TN House / Senate Override of HB0962 Gubernatorial Veto

Guest HexHead

Guest HexHead

Well, the Senate calender for tomorrow is up on their website and no mention of any override. Delay, delay, delay.

They meet in the afternoon after the House session at 9am.

• Replies 948
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, the Senate calender for tomorrow is up on their website and no mention of any override. Delay, delay, delay.

The Senate has to wait for the House. If the House vote were to fail there would be no need for the Senate to do anything else with it.
Guest HexHead
The Senate has to wait for the House. If the House vote were to fail there would be no need for the Senate to do anything else with it.

Well they could still put the damn thing on the calender and then withdraw it when it's called. God forbid they be pro-active. :ugh:

Guest archerdr1

finally got an email from Vince Dean:

Dear Darin,

Thank you so much for your interest in HB962. I am listening closely

to the people of my district. I cannot ignore their wishes, as I am

committed to representing them in this and all other issues. This issue

is not as easy as has been portrayed by many. It is a passionate issue

for those on both sides. I have actually had people threaten to not

vote for me, based on my vote on this issue. Let me assure you, anyone

that is so narrow minded as to cast a vote for a candidate based on a

single issue is missing the big picture, to say the least.

You have made valid points, just as some on the other side of the issue

have made. The arguments are compeling from most who have weighed in.

I will continue to listen as we move toward a vote on the override.

Again, I appreciate your input and promise to cast my one vote based on

the will of the majority that care enough to let me hear from them. It

is scheduled for a floor vote Wednesday.

Thanks again,

Vince Dean

Dist 30

I sent him another email explaining that while it is not "THE" vote that decides who i vote for (there are other stances that I take into account), it is a very big one. I explained that it is a right granted us by the US constitution. At the end, I asked him how the responses are coming along.

Guest bkelm18

It won't be on the calendar. The sponsor of the bill can bring it up at any point to be voted on. He has said that he will do it during the House session tomorrow, if it passes, same thing for the Senate.

It won't be on the calendar. The sponsor of the bill can bring it up at any point to be voted on. He has said that he will do it during the House session tomorrow, if it passes, same thing for the Senate.

I guess that means that there is no way to know when it could happen and if we want to watch then we gotta pay close attention.

Guest HexHead

Why do they bother with a calender then if sponsors can just bring stuff up whenever they want?

Guest HexHead
I guess that means that there is no way to know when it could happen and if we want to watch then we gotta pay close attention.

And that there's no accountability if it isn't brought up for whatever reason, like when we kept waiting for the conference committee report to be heard.

Why do they bother with a calender then if sponsors can just bring stuff up whenever they want?
And that there's no accountability if it isn't brought up for whatever reason, like when we kept waiting for the conference committee report to be heard.

Veto overrides have a form of privileged status. They can be called at whatever moment the sponsor believes to be most opportune. They don't need to be on the calendar for that. It's actually a good thing.

BTW, I'm anxious, too. :rolleyes:

Guest rockytop

I sent and email to my Representative (Jimmy Eldridge) again after the donkeycrat vetoed the bill. I received this reply.

Thank you for your email. As you know, I was a co-sponsor of this legislation to uphold our Second Amendment rights. Therefore, I am just as disappointed as you to hear of the Govenor's veto of this important bill. I will do my part in standing up against his veto and work to override it. The people of this State have spoken and their voice deserves to be heard. Please continue to keep me informed of your concerns. I am proud to represent such fine people.

Kindest Regards,

Jimmy Eldridge

I plan to send a thank-you email on behalf of all HCP holders to every Representative and Senator who supported this legislation and veto override. I hope all other TGO members will do the same.

I

I plan to send a thank-you email on behalf of all HCP holders to every Representative and Senator who supported this legislation and veto override. I hope all other TGO members will do the same.

That is a VERY good idea. I told Kelsey I'd buy him a beer :rolleyes:

Guest db99wj

I sent emails to Rep Todd, Sen Jackson, and Sen Stanley. I thought I had sent one to Kelsey, but I had not, until now, just sent him one.

Got another one back, from Sen Paul Stanley, a co sponsor of the senate bill.

Here is his email:

David,

The bill must be brought up by the House first and my understanding is they will vote on it tomorrow (Wednesday). It will then come to the Senate on Thursday.

Paul

So with what the House sponsor told me personally, on the phone, in two different phone calls, the House will bring it up Wednesday, morning I believe. Then the Senate will bring it up by Thursday.

Guest db99wj
I sent and email to my Representative (Jimmy Eldridge) again after the donkeycrat vetoed the bill. I received this reply.

Thank you for your email. As you know, I was a co-sponsor of this legislation to uphold our Second Amendment rights. Therefore, I am just as disappointed as you to hear of the Govenor's veto of this important bill. I will do my part in standing up against his veto and work to override it. The people of this State have spoken and their voice deserves to be heard. Please continue to keep me informed of your concerns. I am proud to represent such fine people.

Kindest Regards,

Jimmy Eldridge

When it passed the senate, I sent out an email to all the cosponsors of the bill on the House and senate side thanking them for their hard work.

I think thanking them is something that doesn't get done enough, we are always asking or criticizing.

Everyone needs to send a thank you to their rep that voted in our favor, one also needs to be sent to the ones that didn't and you communicated your disappointment in them.

When it passed the senate, I sent out an email to all the cosponsors of the bill on the House and senate side thanking them for their hard work.

I think thanking them is something that doesn't get done enough, we are always asking or criticizing.

Everyone needs to send a thank you to their rep that voted in our favor, one also needs to be sent to the ones that didn't and you communicated your disappointment in them.

I've got mine drafted and ready to go!

I too hope that we all do this.

Story on newschannel5.com website:

Gun Bill Override Vote Set For Wednesday - NewsChannel 5.com - Nashville, Tennessee -

Part of the way down Ronal Serpas wants to know where the data is that says O'Charley's is dangerous? Nader Bahmanziari the manager at the Murfreesboro O'Charley's was shot and killed by armed robbers February 3, 2008. Do some research Serpas before you commence with the word vomit.

Bill

OMG has anyone actually seen the video from channel 4? I wanted to throw up. And who is that cocky, rambo, nazified idiot from Memphis PD? Is that the Chief? God help you guys in Memphis. What a JOKE!!

That's Herr Direktor Godwin, King Willie's lap dog. Bredesen has done a good job IMHO until this fiasco, bowing to the arm tristing of the two MPD-s, Metro and Memphis.

Story on newschannel5.com website:

Gun Bill Override Vote Set For Wednesday - NewsChannel 5.com - Nashville, Tennessee -

Part of the way down Ronal Serpas wants to know where the data is that says O'Charley's is dangerous? Nader Bahmanziari the manager at the Murfreesboro O'Charley's was shot and killed by armed robbers February 3, 2008. Do some research Serpas before you commence with the word vomit.

Bill

Since he mentioned O'Charleys I guess the good Chief forget Nader Bahmanziari.

How about the Bellacinos murders in Hermitage a few years back? Did the good chief forget about those too?

These stupid comment by someone thats supposed to have the publics safety in mind sickens me.

Guest HexHead
Since he mentioned O'Charleys I guess the good Chief forget Nader Bahmanziari.

How about the Bellacinos murders in Hermitage a few years back? Did the good chief forget about those too?

These stupid comment by someone thats supposed to have the publics safety in mind sickens me.

The Bellacino's murders were in Belle Meade, not the Hermitage location.

Guest HexHead

Well, you're right about it not being on the House Calender. I hope they get to it early, just the damn Consent Calender has about 50 items on it.

Seems he was neglect in mentioning Paul Dennis Reid also; the serial killer who murdered seven people in various fast food resteraunts. Facing seven death sentences and still in the appeals process.

Well, you're right about it not being on the House Calender. I hope they get to it early, just the damn Consent Calender has about 50 items on it.

The consent calendar is usually voted on as a whole.

Everyone has already "consented" to voting aye for those bills, that is why they are on that calendar.

Guest pws_smokeyjones

hmm, they have moved on to the regular calendar and it has not come up yet - its looking like for whatever reason this will not be voted on in the house today.