Official Thread for TN House / Senate Override of HB0962 Gubernatorial Veto

Guest HexHead

Well....McDaniel moved that they suspend the rules...

So they are now not acting under the rules of the house.

I'm not sure, but I think that may be the first step so Curry can bring up a motion to override the veto. :stunned:

• Replies 948
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest canynracer

OK, today is my birthday.. they need to override this mother and stop screwing around...I wanna go out to eat before friday.

Guest db99wj
hmm, they have moved on to the regular calendar and it has not come up yet - its looking like for whatever reason this will not be voted on in the house today.

It has been relayed multiple times that it is coming up today. This is not the only item of business that they are doing, they have normal stuff that is scheduled.

If the procedures of the House allows this type of thing to come up, which I can only assume it does due to conversations I have had, this bill will be brought up at the appropriate time according to the sponsor of the bill Curry Todd.

I hope all that has been said happens and it does come up. But I can only assume we have to be patient.

Guest db99wj

I'm trying to listen to it, but can't keep up too much, balls to the wall here at work. They are on item 11 of 30. The override might not come up for awhile, like after the regular calendar.

Those that are listening, keep us posted, I will try, but can't promise I will be available.

Guest HexHead

If the procedures of the House allows this type of thing to come up, which I can only assume it does due to conversations I have had, this bill will be brought up at the appropriate time according to the sponsor of the bill Curry Todd.

I wonder what constitutes the 'appropriate time"?

I am encouraged that Todd has Chris Cox from the NRA-ILA and the State NRA chairman there with him. He didn't bring them in to listen to arguing whether engineers and architects need a contractor's license. :stunned:

Guest HexHead

Assuming for a moment it passes the House this morning, will the Senate be able to get it for their session at 1:30pm today?

I've never seen so many bills rolled 5 or 10 spaces or to the "heel" of the calendar. By the time they get done rolling everything they are going to have to go back over most of the bills being considered for today.

Guest pws_smokeyjones

They stated at the beginning that they would stop at 10:30 to break out into budget committee meetings or some such. So, If I am thinking clearly (which is suspect since I am also at work) then if it doesn't get brought up by 10:30, it won't get brought up today. But I could be wrong.

Ok...we had a poweroutage here...

What happened to HB0898? Since that bill would allow off-duty LEOs to carry where alcohol is served......I was thinking that if it passed, that would be when Todd might bring it up?

Guest jg45
I believe 898 overwhelmingly passed

What is HB898. From the summary page it does not appear to be only for LEO, but seems to be a roll up of the restaurant carry, park carry, and collage campus carry.

Guest HexHead
I've never seen so many bills rolled 5 or 10 spaces or to the "heel" of the calendar. By the time they get done rolling everything they are going to have to go back over most of the bills being considered for today.

I trying to figure out what they mean by "roll to the hill"?

Guest KWW67
OK, today is my birthday.. they need to override this mother and stop screwing around...I wanna go out to eat before friday.

Happy birthday buddy...

Guest pws_smokeyjones

Interesting, I just got this email from Rep. Todd after asking him when he plans to introduce it for override. It is becoming clear to me that I personally do not have the patience to be a legislator. :rolleyes:

"I am overriding the veto today. Thanks for your support.

Curry

"

Guest pws_smokeyjones

I think this clown speaking on 1331 is filibustering so that time runs out. He keeps repeating himself.

Guest HexHead
I think this clown speaking on 1331 is filibustering so that time runs out. He keeps repeating himself.

Did he vote for or against 0962?

Guest HexHead
They stated at the beginning that they would stop at 10:30 to break out into budget committee meetings or some such. So, If I am thinking clearly (which is suspect since I am also at work) then if it doesn't get brought up by 10:30, it won't get brought up today. But I could be wrong.

I hope not since this ****er is going to talk about water right up past 10:30am. He might even go on until 10:30pm. :rolleyes:

Guest db99wj

kinda appears that way. Like I said above, and glad he finally did, he's not a scientist, so STFU.