Official Thread for TN House / Senate Override of HB0962 Gubernatorial Veto

Guest HexHead

Guest pws_smokeyjones
Did he vote for or against 0962?

Mike McDonald - voted for HB0962 on every vote. I am probably just being paranoid and frustrated.:rolleyes:

• Replies 948
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest db99wj
Mike McDonald - voted for HB0962 on every vote. I am probably just being paranoid and frustrated.:rolleyes:

Good to hear, still he glad he shut up.

Looks like a break, meetings, continue on with the session.

Wait a little longer. Man I wanted to go have a good lunch today too!

Guest db99wj
McCord just said he wanted to make some more points before they break.

I just knew they were gonna **** us today.

Ahh, patience, you can't say "today" it is only the morning and they are going to be coming back at 12:30. :rolleyes:

Guest HexHead
Recess until 12:30. Briefing, visiting with U of Memphis. Is what it is looking like

**** Memphis. It shouldn't even be part of the state. :rolleyes::D:D

Guest HexHead
Ahh, patience, you can't say "today" it is only the morning and they are going to be coming back at 12:30. :rolleyes:

Wonder when they're gonna break for lunch?

Guest pws_smokeyjones
So what's the deal with these caucus meetings? Just more delay, delay, delay?

Hex - I don't think it is a delay tactic on this bill at all. The caucus meetings are specifically for the budget stuff which really is supposed to be the main focus of the legislative sessions as far as I understand it.

Guest db99wj
So what's the deal with these caucus meetings? Just more delay, delay, delay?

Got to go examine their caucus's....sounds like a sex education class to me....:rolleyes:

Guest HexHead
Hex - I don't think it is a delay tactic on this bill at all. The caucus meetings are specifically for the budget stuff which really is supposed to be the main focus of the legislative sessions as far as I understand it.

Well, we can all look forward to them talking about water again when they come back. Williams said they would continue with that when they return.

Silly me, but it seems that overriding a governor's veto of a strongly supported bill would get some priority. I guess not.

Guest Old goat

They are doing it just to piss you off Hex, they have declared this screw with HexHead day. Williams said if it was a success they were going to have it again tomorrow:stir:

Guest HexHead
They are doing it just to piss you off Hex, they have declared this screw with HexHead day. Williams said if it was a success they were going to have it again tomorrow:stir:

Good thing I'm not paranoid! LOLOLOLOL

Well, we can all look forward to them talking about water again when they come back. Williams said they would continue with that when they return.

Silly me, but it seems that overriding a governor's veto of a strongly supported bill would get some priority. I guess not.

I know what you mean. It seams like this would be the first thing that they would want to talk about. I can only guess that the sponsor wants to bring it up at the most appropriate and beneficial time. Maybe those in favor want to buy lunch for those oppose to try to sway some more votes...

All I know is I am ready to have this thing overridden!!!

Guest db99wj
I know what you mean. It seams like this would be the first thing that they would want to talk about. I can only guess that the sponsor wants to bring it up at the most appropriate and beneficial time. Maybe those in favor want to buy lunch for those oppose to try to sway some more votes...

All I know is I am ready to have this thing overridden!!!

This procedure of overriding a governor Veto has not been done in over 10 years. Bredesen has never veto'd a bill, or at least nothing important that anyone can remember. There might be, just might be a certain procedure, like waiting until all the scheduled business is done and all normal business day events have taken place before an override veto vote is brought up. If non scientist mccord would have shut up, maybe, they would have gotten to the end this morning, but the way it stands, they are in recess for another hour, then they will start back where they left off.

There is a ton of other business that, I know not to us, but is just as important as the HB0962 to everyone else that is being looked at today. Their world doesn't revolve around our needs, wants or desires.

The two NRA guys are there as mentioned before, that says a lot (to me anyway).

I have sent Curry Todd a text message, don't know if he does that are not! LOL.

Guest HexHead
This procedure of overriding a governor Veto has not been done in over 10 years. Bredesen has never veto'd a bill, or at least nothing important that anyone can remember.

Bredesen's Past Vetoes

Here is a list of Gov. Phil Bredesen's past five vetoes, all of which have been upheld:

HB3019, vetoed on June 13, 2008, would have exempted two church-operated schools in Henry County from building and fire safety codes.

HB3658, vetoed on May 22, 2008, would have also exempted certain church-operated schools from fire safety codes.

HB1727, vetoed on July 6, 2007, would have limited a governor's choices in appointing members of the Board of Licensing Contractors.

HB1797, vetoed June 27, 2007, would have provided a state subsidy for production of ethanol-blended gasoline.

SB2002, vetoed June 20, 2005, would imposed a special tax on cigarettes made by companies not making payments to the state under the "master settlement agreement." (An attorney general's opinion said the bill could jeopardize payments being made to the state.)

Well, nothing important. But he's never been overridden. Before. :rolleyes:

Edited by HexHead
This procedure of overriding a governor Veto has not been done in over 10 years. Bredesen has never veto'd a bill, or at least nothing important that anyone can remember. There might be, just might be a certain procedure, like waiting until all the scheduled business is done and all normal business day events have taken place before an override veto vote is brought up. If non scientist mccord would have shut up, maybe, they would have gotten to the end this morning, but the way it stands, they are in recess for another hour, then they will start back where they left off.

There is a ton of other business that, I know not to us, but is just as important as the HB0962 to everyone else that is being looked at today. Their world doesn't revolve around our needs, wants or desires.

The two NRA guys are there as mentioned before, that says a lot (to me anyway).

I have sent Curry Todd a text message, don't know if he does that are not! LOL.

That's what I am thinking, too. There is probably some sort of protocol to bringing up an override vote. Hopefully the sponsor is just waiting for the most appropriate or the agreed time.

Guest db99wj
Bredesen's Past Vetoes

Here is a list of Gov. Phil Bredesen's past five vetoes, all of which have been upheld:

HB3019, vetoed on June 13, 2008, would have exempted two church-operated schools in Henry County from building and fire safety codes.

HB3658, vetoed on May 22, 2008, would have also exempted certain church-operated schools from fire safety codes.

HB1727, vetoed on July 6, 2007, would have limited a governor's choices in appointing members of the Board of Licensing Contractors.

HB1797, vetoed June 27, 2007, would have provided a state subsidy for production of ethanol-blended gasoline.

SB2002, vetoed June 20, 2005, would imposed a special tax on cigarettes made by companies not making payments to the state under the "master settlement agreement." (An attorney general's opinion said the bill could jeopardize payments being made to the state.)

Well, nothing important. But he's never been overridden. Before. :lol:

Which is why I said nothing of importance that anyone remembers. Glad a gave you something to do for a few minutes.:rolleyes: