Attention Please

ARE YOU ALREADY A MEMBER BUT UNABLE TO SIGN IN?  PLEASE READ!!!

On Thursday, May 12th we upgraded our forum software to the latest IPBoard.  What you are seeing right now is the new software.  

If you are having trouble logging in, please try the following:

1. Reset your password using this link.
  2. If that fails, Contact Us using this link for assistance resetting your password.
  3. Alternatively, send us a message on our Facebook Page.

Capbyrd

Nagant Revolver

27 posts in this topic

Anyone have one of these? I saw it on AimSurplus today and it piqued my interest. I looked around and it looks like a really neat little revolver. I'd love to hear some first hand accounts of them.

Also, if I decide to buy one, I'm a bit leary of buying something like that sight unseen. Is AimSurplus trustworthy enough to purchase from without having held the revolver in my hand?

Thanks guys!

AimSurplus is good people. I've had nothing but excellent experiences with them. I know a few people on here have that pistol and should be able to fill you in.

Saw one at Gander Mt. in knoxville yesterday, but that's on the opposite end of the state for ya. It looked pretty cool...

You can shoot .32 s&w in them, I know people who've done it. The shells expand a little, but it doesn't damage anything.

The last time I was in J. Floyd, up in Sevierville, they had some Nagant ammo. If I had one, I think I'd go ahead and purchase the .32acp cylinder for it.

Sweet, only twenty six dollars + shipping...can I use KY?

Sorry, I couldn't find any 1890 Russian surplus for you to use. :bowrofl:

But, but....

I really bought it to tinker with. Its a pretty neat little revolver. I'm going to have to spring for some ammo soon, though, just because.

My wife bought one from AIM. She loves it. It's in great condition. She's been shooting .32 S&W Longs in it and they work fine. The Nagant ammo can be found but it's a bit pricey. You can get an after market cylinder for it to shoot .32 Auto. Trigger pull is pretty heavy if firing DA but if you fire SA it's pretty smooth. It's a good deal on a historic revolver. Go for it.

Here's a couple of useful links. One even shows how to fire it from horseback.

Njanear's 'Know your M1895 Nagant Revolver' Page

Cylinder .32 ACP Replacement M1895 Nagant Revolver - $69.00 : Buymilsurp.com, Your source for military surplus.

Nagant revolver in Guns World

Ive wanted one for like forever....I just cant justify buying a gun when 2 boxes of ammo cost more then the gun.

An analogy would be-ammo for an AR costing 500 bucks per box.....aint gonna happen :confused:

Ive wanted one for like forever....I just cant justify buying a gun when 2 boxes of ammo cost more then the gun.

An analogy would be-ammo for an AR costing 500 bucks per box.....aint gonna happen :confused:

Once you thread the barrel and buy a suppressor for it, it'll cost more. ;)

Thanks guys. I called the BATF today and requested a Form 7CR. I know it will take a while but after I get that back, I'll get one of these along with a few other things I've been wanting.

i have been wanting a c & r, and a nagant revolver for a couple months...OP if you get it let us know what kind of condition its in

they are more fun to look at and study the history than to shoot. I've got one. It's neat and I've shot is some, but it's main attraction for me was it's uniqueness and it's history. I did take some night photos shooting real nagant ammo and the cyl. gap does seal up pretty well.

Got mine from SOG - $80, and their shipping ain't bad, either. The also have HotShot for $23 per 50 - got some.

Also shot a box of .32 S&W thru mine, bulging cases, but no real problems.

Fun gun for the money, IMO.

Well I got my C&R right before Christmas and now that the holidays are over I decided it was time to order my Nagant. I called J&G Sales today and ordered it. It should be here before the end of the week. I'm probably going to buy a few boxes of true Nagant ammo for it just because but I will probably also get a 32 cylinder for it. Ill post some pics when it gets here.

Anyone have one of these? I saw it on AimSurplus today and it piqued my interest. I looked around and it looks like a really neat little revolver. I'd love to hear some first hand accounts of them.

Also, if I decide to buy one, I'm a bit leary of buying something like that sight unseen. Is AimSurplus trustworthy enough to purchase from without having held the revolver in my hand?

Thanks guys!

Sent you a PM

Might make a good truck gun for the price as long as you use the Nagant ammo...its almost 300lbs force at the muzzle whereas the 32 long is only 100-130