Second -OR- None ... A Celebration of Liberty

Please RSVP so that we can have a preliminary head count. :)  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Please RSVP so that we can have a preliminary head count. :)

• I will be there
    • I will be there and will bring a guest or guests

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest atmiller

Ralph Bristol was interviewing Ronnie Barrett today on the radio about the event. Did anyone catch the interview? Sounds like Ralph is one of the speakers.

Can't remember if I posted in this thread or not (I did vote in the poll), but I will be there. Tall guy (yeah, that helps) with a scruffy face and goatee (sort of). I am looking forward to meeting all of you who come to this event - should be a alot of fun, and I'm hoping for some good speakers, too.

Guest Gun Geek
Are there any chains that you are particularly fond of?

I usually stay at Hampton/Hilton properties, But will stay just about anywhere provided its clean, and has wifi - indoor pool is a plus (for my daughter)

• Administrator
I usually stay at Hampton/Hilton properties, But will stay just about anywhere provided its clean, and has wifi - indoor pool is a plus (for my daughter)

There's a Hampton up here in Smyrna about 15 mi from the event. New, nice. Also one on Thompson Lane in Murfreesboro, about 10 mi from the event. We usually stay at Hamptons also when we travel.

Murfreesboro: Hotel - Murfreesboro, Tennessee - TN - Hampton Inn & Suites

Smyrna: Hotel - Smyrna-Nashville, Tennessee - TN - Hampton Inn & Suites

Guest Gun Geek

Thanks David, probably going to be in the Murfreesboro one unless something comes up a little better cash wise.

Is this the proper address for the event?

5435 Miller Lane

Christiana, TN 37037

• Administrator
Thanks David, probably going to be in the Murfreesboro one unless something comes up a little better cash wise.

Is this the proper address for the event?

5435 Miller Lane

Christiana, TN 37037

Yes, that's correct. Truth be told, Miller Lane is essentially devoted entirely to the Outpost and Barrett facilities. You won't be able to miss it.

I am not trying to turn this into a gun show. But, how will gun trading be viewed at this event? Would it be out of line to carry a rifle with a price tag on it? Would it be alright to meet up with other TGO members to complete pending sales in the parking area?

Thanks,

Aaron

• Administrator
I am not trying to turn this into a gun show. But, how will gun trading be viewed at this event? Would it be out of line to carry a rifle with a price tag on it? Would it be alright to meet up with other TGO members to complete pending sales in the parking area?

Thanks,

Aaron

This event isn't a gun show and I think that idea (carrying a rifle with a price tag on it) would probably be in poor form. I'd stick to just carrying your normal self-defense sidearm and enjoy the event for what it was intended to be. :)

Guest atmiller
This event isn't a gun show and I think that idea (carrying a rifle with a price tag on it) would probably be in poor form. I'd stick to just carrying your normal self-defense sidearm and enjoy the event for what it was intended to be. :)

Is open-carry encouraged? I believe it is appropriate.

I am going to choose to carry concealed at this event. There is going to be media there and I believe they will just be itching to get footage of the people who choose to come in wearing guns and patches and nra hats and chewing tobacco and spitting and anybody that happens to have a few teeth missing. That is what they will want to portray to the public in their reporting of us generally. So I am going to dress nice and keep my gun concealed so they can see that we are just everyday good people. In other words....I hope to show that a permit holder could very well be the nicely groomed sweet lady that sits next to you in church. The lady you would never guess had a gun under her sweater or in her purse. I know media from Germany is coming and also media from Washington D.C. This should be a really great event and I am so excited that TGO, Barrett Firearms & The Outpost has organized this. It's gonna be great to be among friends. :) I hope they do this every year.

I am going to choose to carry concealed at this event. There is going to be media there and I believe they will just be itching to get footage of the people who choose to come in wearing guns and patches and nra hats and chewing tobacco and spitting and anybody that happens to have a few teeth missing. That is what they will want to portray to the public in their reporting of us generally. So I am going to dress nice and keep my gun concealed so they can see that we are just everyday good people. In other words....I hope to show that a permit holder could very well be the nicely groomed sweet lady that sits next to you in church. The lady you would never guess had a gun under her sweater or in her purse. I know media from Germany is coming and also media from Washington D.C. This should be a really great event and I am so excited that TGO, Barrett Firearms & The Outpost has organized this. It's gonna be great to be among friends. :) I hope they do this every year.

Good to see you on here again Nikki. The part I put in bold is why you won't be shown on the evening news. However, maybe if we all do the same, they won't have anything negative to report. Which means they probably won't report anything. Could I be wrong? Hmmm.

• Administrator
Is open-carry encouraged? I believe it is appropriate.

Open carry is certainly your legal right in Tennessee provided that you have a HCP. I'm a firm believer in concealment, but that's just my opinion so you do what works best for you.

On another note and to touch on something that Nikki said in her post preceding mine, no matter if your wardrobe is full of gun-culture clothing or not (and mine is!) please consider dressing in what I call Old Navy Camouflage for the event. You know, the stuff that the sheeple wear when they're at the mall or school or whatever. :)

There are going to be news agencies covering this, one of them from Germany (!!!), so let's try to give them one less thing to clown us for on the news. I've got a whole closet full of camo that I wear deer hunting, but I'm not going to let them catch me wearing it at the event just to use me as the butt of some joke on the Berlin 10pm News.

What is the timetable for the event? Who will be speaking and when will they be speaking. Is there something going on the entire time? Is The Outpost going to be open for business as usual? I'm planning on being there before 11am and I'm looking forward to a great day.

Guest HexHead

On another note and to touch on something that Nikki said in her post preceding mine, no matter if your wardrobe is full of gun-culture clothing or not (and mine is!) please consider dressing in what I call Old Navy Camouflage for the event. You know, the stuff that the sheeple wear when they're at the mall or school or whatever. :)

Okay, I won't wear my "I'm a bitter gun owner and I vote" NRA T-shirt. ;)

• Administrator
What is the timetable for the event? Who will be speaking and when will they be speaking. Is there something going on the entire time? Is The Outpost going to be open for business as usual? I'm planning on being there before 11am and I'm looking forward to a great day.

Event activities are to start at 11:00am and go through 3:00pm. I'm not entirely sure what the timetable for the speaking portion is going to be, as that part is being managed by an event organizer.

Outpost will be open during the event and I'm pretty sure there will be good deals to be had also. ;)