Second -OR- None ... A Celebration of Liberty

Please RSVP so that we can have a preliminary head count. :)  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Please RSVP so that we can have a preliminary head count. :)

• I will be there
    • I will be there and will bring a guest or guests

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have learned so much about the media in the past 6 months. I never really thought much about them having an "agenda"in the past. To tell you the truth...I never paid that much attention to their reporting style because I was never in a situation where I needed to. I wish the news we all got was more fair & balanced. It bothers me a great deal when all the local networks cover anti-gun events but when a pro-gun event occurs....they don't come out. So many great things were said by our State Representatives and others but none of it got heard by the general public out there. I mean.....Germany TV came out and covered it but I did not see our own local networks such as Channel 2,4,5.....??? Why?

.....Germany TV came out and covered it but I did not see our own local networks such as Channel 2,4,5.....??? Why?

Unfortunately, you already answered your own question earlier in your post. This type of event doesn't fit their agenda! The same way that they haven't reported the fact that HCP holders haven't been shooting up restaurants in TN since July 14th.

I completely agree with the Mark Twain quote that Sen. Jackson made reference to..... "If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed. If you do read the newspaper you are misinformed."

Nikki you did a great job yesterday! Thanks again.

Guest Straight Shooter

Miss Nikki,I just posted this in another forum,but I emailed channels 2,4 and 5 last night about why they didnt cover the event,which was great! I got a response from channel 4 this morning,saying they knew nothing about it,and would have covered it had theyd known. So,like I asked already,do you or anyone else know if the media were alerted to this? Is channle 4 lying? If you want to pm me,I can give you the fellas name and email who told me they didnt know. We really enjoyed the gathering,and you are very inspirational!!!

The only contact I had with any media to cover this event

was with ZDF German Television

They plan to air the news footage on Monday Oct 19th

It will be available online at mittagsmagazin - ZDF.de

From what I understand, they interviewed the people that filed the lawsuit against the Tn Legislature regarding the Restaurant Carry Law (Randy Rayburn-owner of Sunset Grill downtown Nashville and his Attorney Mr. Smith) and then they did an interview with several others at the Second or None Event. Should be interesting. I hope it ends up being at least somewhat fair & balanced. We will see. The Germans are not "allowed" to have Guns. They don't have RIGHTS like we do as Americans. They think that their Government will take care of them. Scary. The reporter I talked to thought we were all kind of crazy to feel like we needed to have guns....so....I pointed out to her what Hitler did in her country. I bet that part does not show up on TV. Any body wanna get a bet going? ;) haha.

Edited by ngoeser59
The only contact I had with any media to cover this event

was with ZDF German Television

They plan to air the news footage on Monday Oct 19th

It will be available online at mittagsmagazin - ZDF.de

From what I understand, they interviewed the people that filed the lawsuit against the Tn Legislature regarding the Restaurant Carry Law (Randy Rayburn-owner of Sunset Grill downtown Nashville and his Attorney Mr. Smith) and then they did an interview with several others at the Second or None Event. Should be interesting. I hope it ends up being at least somewhat fair & balanced. We will see. The Germans are not allowed to have Guns. The reporter I talked to thought we were all kind of crazy to feel like we needed to have guns.

Is there an English version? ;)

Guest 1stcavgrunt68-69

Hey guys, I went to the 2nd to none event. Great effort, Great turnout, Terrible weather!! I had two little ones with me & couldn't stay very long,but still enjoyed the trip.Better luck with the weather next time. (Ihope there will be another event.)

• Administrator
Hey guys, I went to the 2nd to none event. Great effort, Great turnout, Terrible weather!! I had two little ones with me & couldn't stay very long,but still enjoyed the trip.Better luck with the weather next time. (Ihope there will be another event.)

Thanks for coming down yesterday. I was up in your neck of the woods today actually. ;)

Guest monsterking138

i had a good time at the event. it was also nice to meet some more people from here and see others that i haven't seen in a while. next time someone should stand a little farther away from the gas heater.

Folks, I want to thank all of you who turned out today and braved this wonderful Global Warming that we are enjoying today. :(

I wish we could have controlled the weather and provided sunshine and warmer temperatures, but sadly the Liberals get to control the weather for the next three years. Just remember that when you go vote next!

C'mon David, was actually sorry I had to be on the road this weekend and miss this event... at last I thought so, until I read comments like these...

Regardless of your attempt at sarcasm, you only achieved irony... it happens to be scientific fact that the most plausible reason the climate was so unseasonably cold and poor is directly related to the effects of climate change (same reason the Titans got destroyed in the snow on OCT. 18th!)... science isn't partisan, might want to to look into it.

Also, while you told me TGO is a place for people of all kinds, even differing political beliefs, comments like these are hardly assuring...

While I'd like to be a part of something that endorses the 2nd amendment and can reach common ground on that subject, having mine and others differing views mocked and looked down upon is not appreciated.

Be careful of aligning your message too closely to partisan political lines, lest you alienate some of those who your cause may at some point need most.

I honestly think it was just a joke. Ya' see we all kind of poke fun at each other. Heck, I have done it to Senator Jackson (in a light hearted harmless way) and he just laughs. The fact is.....I even realize that I have been wrong all this time thinking that "Democrats" are anti-gun. It just is not always true. Senator Jackson is a Democrat and I have nothing but the highest amount of respect for the man. He is a good man with so many powerful things to say regarding our 2nd Amendment Rights etc etc...I have noticed sometimes Republicans turn their ears off when Jackson gets up to speak but then I see their ears come back on when they catch some of what he is saying. In politics you have to choose a side in order to actually win (Democrat or Republican) you try and run with anything else and you will not make it. So the man is a Democrat. I was raised around Republicans but I promise you......Senator Jackson would be welcome around my family anytime. Don't be too harsh on each other. Some jokes keep things interesting. Call each other knuckle heads to each others faces, shake hands, and work together. That's what these politicians do. Attorney's do it too. The strangest thing I have ever seen. They rip each other a new one in the Senate or in Court and then go have a beer together. hahaha....

• Administrator

I'm not going to derail it either, but it's always amusing to me when someone cries foul about another person sharing their opinion, but then demands that their own opinion be protected and respected. :(

Anyway, back to our regularly scheduled tarring and feathering of everyone who doesn't agree that Ronald Reagan deserves a place on Mount Rushmore. :D

I'm not going to derail it either, but it's always amusing to me when someone cries foul about another person sharing their opinion, but then demands that their own opinion be protected and respected. :(

Anyway, back to our regularly scheduled tarring and feathering of everyone who doesn't agree that Ronald Reagan deserves a place on Mount Rushmore. ;)

I've got the non-petroleum based tar substitute from a renewable resource if you've got the synthetic feathers :D

Guest mustangdave

guys...and Ms Nikki, I am so glad the event was a success...I was listening to Steve Gill yesterday morning...I unfortunately have come down with some kind of "funk"...and for ya'lls sake preferred not to "share" the nasal love.

I am with Ms Nikki. Senator Jackson is welcome at my table anytime.

I have been independant in my voting as I see the man rather than their "label". I would also include Mr.Ben West in that invite.

He has done a lot for the 2nd Amendment here in Tn.

Ms. Nikki, I too got a first hand look at the media when I had my scrape with evil and I have to say that it would be a toss up of who gave me the worst treatment.

The media will twist your words so bad that the context of what you say is actually not remotely close to what you said.

I don't talk to media,period.

THE VIDEO FROM THE SECOND OR NONE EVENT IS AVAILABLE NOW ON GERMANY TELEVISION.... IT IS NOT IN ENGLISH. ANYONE SPEAK GERMAN AND CAN INTERPRET & POST WHAT IS BEING SAID IN THE REPORT?

USA: Bewaffnet in die Bar

Don't speak German, but it appears to have very little to offer on the 2nd or none rally, except for Nikki and Ronnie.

Sort of gives the appearence of implying that TN is still the wild west.

And why would Tootsie's wand anyone? I can't imagine going there for any reason other than to have a beer.:screwy: Other than the historical funkyness of it.

Guest Gun Geek

My impression of the video was that they were saying guns in bars are a bad idea. I dont know I dont speak German. If anybody here does it would be nice to know what they are saying. I will try to get a hold of my cousin I think he speaks German.

Guest HexHead
Thanks for sharing your lack of a sense of humor! :tough:

That's a liberal for you. They're all tolerant and all, as long as you agree with them. Otherwise they attack you. I have no use for them in general and this guy in particular.

That's a liberal for you. They're all tolerant and all, as long as you agree with them. Otherwise they attack you. I have no use for them in general and this guy in particular.

Hex the biggest problem I have with you is you never really say how you feel. :tough:

to be completely off topic, i thought it was global warming, wait it is climate change now. No telling what the catch phrase will be next time.

Wish I could have been there.

PS: I am going to make as big a carbon footprint today as is possible by one person without breaking the law.