TGO & HCP PR - Adopt a roadway

Guest Gun Geek

Guest Gun Geek

Ok guys, I am waiting on a call back from the lady in charge of these to get more info. As far as a slogan on the sign it looks like we are limited on characters. Two lines of 18 characters. Pretty much only leaves us with TN Gun Owners & TNGunOwners.com. Kind of sucks with the character limit but we can make signs and put them up on clean up day.

I am still looking for recommendations on where to start a big litter pick up for the first time. Which roadway? If we are going to do regional areas we have to get some more people involved. A release form has to be filed with the TDOT office for every person that will be helping on the road before the first clean up.

Just a few rules that I have seen so far, the safety vest is required, you have to watch the video and minors age 12-17 can participate with parent signature on release form. Sorry nobody younger than 12.

I am still gathering a lot of the info so that we can put it out for everyone. Once again if you have any input, comments or suggestions they are welcomed.

I still think we need a catchy slogan for this. While I like "go ahead, litter we dare you." and think its hilarious, I don't think it sends the message that we would want put out there.

+ 1

While we all know it's a harmless, tongue-in-cheek phrase, others who are just looking to pick up any rock they can to throw at us will fixate on it, thus eliminating the whole original motive of "positive PR"

Guest Muttling

I'd be happy to help in Lewisburg and in Murfreesboro, but scheduling will be an issue for me as I work 2 jobs.

Please add me to your mailing list and let me know dates/times. I will show up as often as possible.

Guest Drewsett

Count me in, I live in Nashville, but know all of Middle Tennessee pretty well and am willing to drive a little if necessary. Now I just need to get my HCP and something to carry!

Guest Gun Geek

Just got off the phone with the lady in charge of the who adopt a roadway program, very nice lady. She is excited that we are looking into doing this.

Each region will have to have a separate agreement. So if we are going to do that we need to break it down and have a main guy/gal for each area. While talking with her we both agreed that spring would be a better time to start. At that time they will be running a PSA with a country music celeb. So there is a possibility for more media on that.

I have created a new Group, http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/groups/tgo++hcp+adopt++roadway.html. Please go join the group if you are willing to help. Thanks.

Guest Drewsett
Sweet. Just joined. The join link is at the bottom, pretty small, so you'll have to look for it. I know I did.

Yeah, took me awhile to find it as well.

Come on people! I don't even own a pistol let alone have a HCP, but I'm on board. Good PR for TGO and HCP regardless this is a great thing to do for our state and our environment! We've got alot of ground to make up for Al Gore's Belle Meade environment-destroying mansion!

Yeah, took me awhile to find it as well.

Come on people! I don't even own a pistol let alone have a HCP, but I'm on board. Good PR for TGO and HCP regardless this is a great thing to do for our state and our environment! We've got alot of ground to make up for Al Gore's Belle Meade environment-destroying mansion!

Al Gore doesn't destroy the environment, he creats it......in his mind. :drool:

:rant:

Guest Drewsett
Al Gore doesn't destroy the environment, he creats it......in his mind. :popcorn:

:panic:

I think you're confusing the environment and the internet. Or maybe Al Gore's just confused.

Guest ArmyVeteran37214
Come on people! I don't even own a pistol let alone have a HCP, but I'm on board. Good PR for TGO and HCP regardless this is a great thing to do for our state and our environment!

WhatHeSaid.gif

HCP or not, it would be great to see 50+ TGO members out cleaning up the roadsides.

Guest Gun Geek

Agreed. Not limited to HCP anyone can participate we need some more people right now we are sitting at 17. Please join the group an help us plan this thing out.

• 1 month later...
Guest Gun Geek

That is the idea, to get this going in multiple areas. Hopefully we can have more members and more areas here soon. It would be nice to get this started and do the first clean up come spring. A lot more planning will be going on from now till then. If we could organize the first one for all areas to be on the same day, surely it couldn't be ignored. But please go join the group. The information is in the my signature.