best stock for 10/22

Guest goomba

The true part of this is there's nothing out there that will make a 10/22 group or even feed flawlessly, plus there is nothing tactical or very useful about a .22 in the first place so why does everyone own one?

I have seen several 10-22's. All of them seem to function as well as any other semi auto rifle. Use the stock magazine and they work fine near as I can tell.

As for a .22 being useful, are you kidding me? :drama:

Great for plinking. I can shoot cans, paper targets, spinners. You name the target and I can shoot it all day long for under 20 bucks. Can't do that with center fire.

I do not hunt but I am guessing they are as good as it gets for squirrel or rabbit.

Great for training. Learn proper breathing, sighting and trigger control while shooting without spending a fortune on ammo.

Teach and get youngsters involved in shooting with weapons that are not extremely noisy, full of recoil and prohibitive to small statures.

A .22 rifle is mandatory for any arms collection.

Heck I thank you for that post, You have set my mind to picking out another one. yep probably going to be a 10-22.

Why does a rifle have to be tactical?

And I am still waiting to find out why an Archangel stock is so good.

Edited by Mike.357
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I have to explain in-depth? I could give a crap less about ANY aftermarket junk for a 10/22, thats why I pulled the 'angel out of left field because the marriage of anything to this rifle would be a joke! Now you get it? I'll take my Springfield, Stevens or Savage and punch holes around anything a Ruger can amass.

you brought up the Archangel and were called out on it. Yeah explain in depth.

Stevens? Seriously? The bottom of the line Savage rifle is not any better than a 10-22.

I have several .22 rifles. All of them offer about the same accuracy, all of them are particular about what ammo works best in them. Near as I can tell none of them are better or worse than a 10-22, just different.

And you still have not backed up your comment about a .22 not being useful.

Please Mr. Foreman if you have not got it by now, then I can only assume how informitive your other 4,715 post's must have been.

In these know how & know what forums you get what we have here.....the lack of?

What is so useful about popp'in a beer can or a lousey tree rat? are you that hungry? You're probably one of those man-ly man guys that boast about shooting squirrels and then wreck your Yugo trying to avoid hitting one in the 'burbs.

Oh yeah, the Archangel is the best replacement stock for the most god-awful .22 rifle on earth and now I know why you like yours so much.

(-word to note, you cannot tell someone nothing useful when they are one of the 5,000,000,000 that already know it all.)

I hope this concludes this discussion because I've had more intelligant gun ramblings with an 8 yr. old.

The OP has asked about upgrading the stock on his 10/22...if you don't have suggestion as to what type of stock, then there is no real reason to post that you don't like 10/22s or other off-topic messages.

Try to keep it on topic and away from personal attacks.

I just got my 10/22T and am going to leave the factory stock on it for a while. The barrel isn't completely free floated in it, so I'm going to try it out. It seems they "designed" it a certain way.

If I had a personal build I'd look at the Boyd's Evolution. It looks sharp, ambidextrous, and the barrel will be free floated.

I just got my 10/22T and am going to leave the factory stock on it for a while. The barrel isn't completely free floated in it, so I'm going to try it out. It seems they "designed" it a certain way...

Absolutely nothing wrong with the factory birch stock on the basic carbine. As I mentioned, if that used one I had bought had had that on it, would have been just fine.

Just need to add sling studs maybe.

Btw, if you want to do that, both Uncle Mike's and Blackhawk make a set that has extra stud that can use in the barrel band for the forward one, rather than drill/screw into the forearm. If you're gonna put a bipod on it, though, you need the forearm stud. Or use both.

70SW09BK_0.jpg

- OS

I'd like to find something with a bull barrel. Towerclimber had or has a 10-22 with a heavy barrel and an adjustable stock for personalizing to fit the shooter. It seemed really nice. I am just not sure about a target rifle in semi auto. Ideally I would like to put a bull barrel on my Savage MkllGL. But it seems cost prohibitive. It would not cost much more to buy a new rifle already outfitted the way I want it.

A 10-22 would be fun to have for plinking. There are tons of option for accurizing,

Hopefully I'm not too far off topic, but I was just wondering. The other day I was in Dick's and they have a 10/22 with an OD stock made like this one...

BlackHawk-K98200-rw-60353-70168.jpg

I couldn't find much on it other than the Axiom stocks, and I'm not really sure that this was the exact brand they had on this rifle. It was $299, but came with both stocks. The main thing I liked about it was it was really light weight. The Axiom stocks say they fit both sporter, as well as .920 barrels. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with these, or knew if the ones Dick's had were the same in working with both barrels.

The reason I ask is, I have an older rifle that I'm rebuilding for my step brother, and I could use alot of the parts off of this one, as well as the wood stock, to get his rifle back in working condition. I was planning on upgrading the other one I have, but I would rather leave it the way it is really. My logic on this is, if I spend $299 on this, it saves me having to buy a barrel for his, as well as a stock. Since I was going to upgrade anyway, I can upgrade this rifle instead and use the factory parts to rebuild his. The way my twisted gun mind works, I can justify this by working it out to myself that I would be getting this rifle for free, because when all is said and done I'm going to have to buy those parts either way for the two rifles that I already have.

I know I know.....I could buy the plain rifle and then buy the stock seperately online and end up with less in it, but I can't justify it to myself and would just end up upgrading what I've already got, and having to buy the parts needed to fix his.

Guest GenNBForrest

Typically you will need to spend $125-$150+ for a good 10/22 bull barrel and the same amount on a good .920 bull barrel stock. The Butler creek combo is entry level components. OK, but not great. A great barrel for the money is the Adams and Bennett in blue for $115 from Midway. Or, the Green Mountain for $105.

Either of these barrels with DIY trigger and action job detailed on RimfireCentral, and a little detailing on action and barrel bedding and you will have a setup that will shoot MOA @ 50yards.

It is great fun and can be addictive starting out with with a Walmart special at $200 or a pawn shop pick up, and making a real nice paper puncher.

I enjoy shooting my 10/22's at the indoor range at 25 yards when it is cold outside like it has been here lately.

Get a green mountain barrel for $100 and channel out the factory stock. This makes for a very good shooting 10/22

I'll take my Springfield, Stevens or Savage and punch holes around anything a Ruger can amass.

LOL!

No...you can't

Edited by I_Like_Pie