Murfreesboro Gun Show. When?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest moreland281
I was wondering the same thing. If anyone is there or goes, give your feedback please.

I have 3 kids and 1 wife that wants to go so that can add up just to look around lol

A little clarification. The National Guard Armory is NOT where this is located in Murfreesboro. This is at 1209 Park Avenue. I believe it's in a warehouse. Maybe the old Werner building on the right. I can't tell exactly from the mapquest map.

The VA purchased the building in Smyrna, that's why they moved it.

If this is the same show that was at the National Guard Armory in Murfreesboro a while back, I'll pass. There was not enough space to begin with, and a big portion of that space was occupied by only a couple of dealers. They mostly seemed interested in talking about selling you a gun, and didn't seem to have time to talk about parts, or other less expensive accessories. Worse gun show I had been to in years, IMHO. There were no kydex holster makers there, which was mainly why I went there in the first place. Maybe this one will be better. Anyone know exactly where this facility is located? Has anyone been yet, that could give us an update on the quality of the show? Thanks. I hope it's a good-un.

If this is the same show that was at the National Guard Armory in Murfreesboro a while back, I'll pass. There was not enough space to begin with, and a big portion of that space was occupied by only a couple of dealers. They mostly seemed interested in talking about selling you a gun, and didn't seem to have time to talk about parts, or other less expensive accessories. Worse gun show I had been to in years, IMHO. There were no kydex holster makers there, which was mainly why I went there in the first place. Maybe this one will be better. Anyone know exactly where this facility is located? Has anyone been yet, that could give us an update on the quality of the show? Thanks. I hope it's a good-un.

This is the show that was once held at the 'Expo' in Smyrna.

I've never been in the new building in Murfreesboro, but I have a customer directly across the street, and it looks like a large building from the outside.

Guest coldblackwind

Really big show, probably 2-3 times the size of nashville. I would say its comparable to the smyrna show. Aisles were a little narrow once people really started to show up, but all in all it was a darn good show. Btw, $10 entry fee, but its good for both days, just like smyrna.

Thanks for the update guys. Glad to hear it's a good show. I'm not crazy about paying $10 as all I want is about one day. Day two is like watching a movie again, IMHO, unless you need to exchange something, and then I think there should be some leeway to go to the vendor for exchange. Hope there are a lot of people walking around with guns to sell. That's another of the reasons I go to gun shows. I'm still looking for that Savage .223!

I just got back from the show. Biggest gun show I've ever seen. Most people at a show selling stuff too. Seemed that everyone had something to sell carrying it around. One whole wall was just dedicated to individuals selling.

Be sure to visit the vendor with the two caskets full of AR uppers. He also had lowers for $99. Another vendor had the CMMG AR22 conversions for $150. Tons of AR parts, lots of Garands, AK's, SKS's.

I'm looking forward to the next one.

Guest mtsumatt

I was impressed with the show. There are lots of guns and a whole bunch of knives if you want some of them. Lots of black guns and black gun parts (ie. ARs). I don't know about crazy deals though. I would say it depends on the seller; obviously.

I went about 2:45 and expected the crowd to be thin by that time but it was packed. A friend that was working the tables for one of the vendors said that it was really crowded earlier. Glad I didn't go then. Parking was a bit of a problem but finally got a spot close to the entrance. I wasn't very impressed with the building, lower ceilings than the Smyrna location and much darker. I went out of curiosity about the new location and was not really looking for anything. I would not drive 100 miles one way to see it but I was only about 25 miles. If you are as far as 50-75 miles away I believe that you would think it to be worth the effort.

I went. I wasn't very impressed. I went specifically to get a Mauser 98k sling for my Anschutz, and I didn't find a single one for sale. Really ticked about that...everybody I asked kept saying, "Oh, I'm sure you'll find a bunch of those lying around at another table" but no dice.

I also didn't find any interesting .22's and only overpriced mil-surp rifles. I suppose the one guy selling 91/30's had them priced OK, but I'm not really in the market for one of those.

I went. I wasn't very impressed. I went specifically to get a Mauser 98k sling for my Anschutz, and I didn't find a single one for sale. Really ticked about that...everybody I asked kept saying, "Oh, I'm sure you'll find a bunch of those lying around at another table" but no dice.

I also didn't find any interesting .22's and only overpriced mil-surp rifles. I suppose the one guy selling 91/30's had them priced OK, but I'm not really in the market for one of those.

I really hope that this is sarcasm and that I am missing it entirely.

You are pizzed off because you didn't find a special type of sling?

I really hope that this is sarcasm and that I am missing it entirely.

You are pizzed off because you didn't find a special type of sling?

You must have mis-read that completely, because I wasn't sarcastic at all, nor was it only the sling. Shall I expound? I'm "pizzed" off because I paid 10 bucks to browse guns that, 9 times out of 10, were more expensive than Franklin Gun Shop, and to speak with owner/operators who don't know what they're selling and who refuse to haggle a dime off their bloated prices.

I didn't find a single Mauser sling. Dozens of tables of "variety", and not even any plain jane leather slings? I only saw overpriced SKS slings (which a couple of unscrupulous vendors tried to tell me would definitely work with my "nonstandard slings", until I explained that no, that hole in the butt stock wasn't some hack job by me, but standard issue for a major army 70 years ago, and yes they make slings specifically in that style) and a couple of "tacitcal" slings.

Of course, there was that nutter in the back selling Genuine Nazi Memorabilia, but no period correct slings. Got all those swastikas and a damn picklehaub, but nothing useful, huh?

Oh, let's check eBay or Google: tons of slings. Except now instead of the 15-20 bucks I should pay, I'm really out 25-30 because of that 10 dollar entrance fee.

Do we really need 9 vendors selling P-3AT's at 300 + tax + tics?

Gee, that guy selling Cajun Food and the Jerky Hut really made me want to like the Gun Show, but nah. This is now my third one, but in the future, forget gun shows, unless I'm looking for an overpriced AR or AK or desperate enough to pay a 30 percent premium over retail for ammo. I think I find better deals 24/7 at Guns and Leather or Bellshire Hardware, and whatever I can't find there, I can find online.

I went yesterday morning and thought it was okay. Granted, there was the guy selling a used Hi Point 995 (with a bipod and vertical foregrip added :stare:) for $415. :ugh: And the usual complement of $400+ SKS rifles. :screwy::screwy:

But then I found the guy selling the newer Hi Point 995TS (new stock, added last-shot-bolt-hold finally) for $229. Which is what I paid for my original 995. So instead of buying a stock for $40 I bought a new rifle and I'm selling my old one to a friend for $200. :D

There was also an outfit out of Sparta which actually had magazines priced at non-stupid $. Shocking.

So all in all I thought it was pretty good. I'll be back.

I went to the show on Sunday afternoon (quite a crowd there)...having gone to the show the prior weekend at the Fairgrounds in Nashville I thought this show was at least as good if not better.

I didn't buy anything but then I wasn't really looking for anything in particular...then again I did find a fellow selling a number of very nice shotguns (including several Brownings) that were in excellent condition and something I am in the market for (just not quite yet ready to buy).

All in all, I thought the show was fine.