Shooters Depot - Shallowford Rd. Chattanooga

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I spoke with the owner and his "marketing" person, they claim that they visited every range in the area and are designing it incorporating the good design factors versus eliminating the bad.

Only thing that concerns me is the owner is on a tight budget and under a lot of pressure to get it open ...

Time will tell.

From the tour and conversation I had, the target demographic will be professional people and women. They will have a corner of the store that has chairs and reading material for women while the men talk guns.

They do not want this to become a "redneck" hangout, rather it will be a professional setting that will be supported by HCP classes, NRA certified range officer and the range design has been approved by some credentialing agency ... forget which one.

Interior of the store has an open concept to it with the firearms racked on a wall.

Range fees will be competitively priced with local rates.

I hope it turns out as planned.

I don't know who bought the ammo dump, whoever did that made a poor investment on a business that was run into the ground by poor managment and lack of reinvestment.

Edited by Currently

Glad to see they are going to have HCP classes as I'll be taking mine here in about 3 months. It is cool that they went around to all the local ranges and looked to see what some of the problems with them were so they don't have them.

If these people have fair prices and have any level of customer service I'm gonna join the range tha day it opens.

Also I finally went up t othe Volunteer Ordanace shop Saturday. Not bad, decent prices and they guy I talked to was pretty nice.