Shooters Depot - Shallowford Rd. Chattanooga

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Timpe

I had all but given up on having a decent shop and range in town. It will sure beat the heck out of driving up to PC and finding out it's closed when you get there. Hope it works out for everyone maybe they could try some organized type shooting like IDPA or USPSA one night a week. A little local compitition could be fun and good experiance as well.

i hope they keep the prices down. the biggest problem we got now is the prices. they are gun show high. but that keep the net sale going. glad to see they are opening, been driving by for some time and have not seen much going on untill this week.

Let's keep our fingers crossed. Hopefully they only looked at other ranges around town and not how the other gun dealers operate their business. His "marketing" guy should make a trip to Winchester to see how a good gun shop earns good customers.

Guest goomba

I went by there yesterday. nada. it was about 7/7:30 when I went by.

looks like they have been working inside, but nothing that suggest's to me that they will be opening anytime soon.

Guest Yorkie Girl

This is my father and husband's enterprise. They are looking for an opening on or before April 15th. They recently got a facebook page up and running if you want REAL updates on the progress...from the source. Shooter's Depot | Facebook is the link...and it's open to all... We are excited about the interest in the store and can't WAIT to get it open.

Edited by Yorkie Girl
Guest goomba
This is my father and husband's enterprise. They are looking for an opening on or before April 15th. They recently got a facebook page up and running if you want REAL updates on the progress...from the source. Shooter's Depot | Facebook is the link...and it's open to all... We are excited about the interest in the store and can't WAIT to get it open.

This is good news. & I Joined your facebook page.

It will be good to have another gun shop in town.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Orion6
I stopped there today. Like I said in another post, we really need to support this place. A nice bunch of people. As soon as I walked in I felt at home.

I heard you got kicked out because you only like deer rifles. May have been someone else.

• 1 month later...
Guest GUNGEEK

To avoid confusion, the only Shooters Depot I know of resides in Corpus Christi TX. They are world renowned for "The A.R.I.E.S. System"

“Shooters Depot†is a Division of 9999 Holdings Inc., formed in 1999 in Texas, USA. The original “Shooters Depot†was created in Toronto, Canada in 1988 by its current CEO, George Koumbis OSJ, an “out of the box†thinker, Award winning designer and Olympic shooter, with the mission to improve the design and function of weapon systems and accessories associated with the Industry. Our Website is Welcome to Shooters Depot - NATIONAL FIREARMS ACT ("Class 3" weapons) LEGALITIES

Guest GUNGEEK

The above referenced link refers to the ORIGINAL Company that has been building a name in TEXAS for almost TWELVE YEARS. The fact the "The Shooters Depot" leans on "Shooters Depot" via "the internet" is misleading and misrepresenting. Something should be said to differentiate the two businesses apart, hence my post.

• 5 months later...
Guest Chattanoogan

I went here yesterday and am very unsatisfied with the level of service I got... They hardly have any items in stock and were rude to me.

I went in looking for a leather shoulder holster, the older gentleman behind the counter said we have some over on the wall, I went over there and there wasnt a single shoulder holster, leather or otherwise. So he said I can order you one. I said well I dont know what I want, I was hoping to try on a few and see how they feel. His response was "Well, were not gonna bring out 3 or 4 just for you try on" and then he went on about how he cant keep too many in stock because thats just money hanging on the wall and not in his pocket... My thoughts were, is this not a store? I left and will never go back again. I normally go to Carters Shooting Supply in Harrison but was hoping to save some gas by going here. Its half the distance... For now on, if I want quality service, I know where to go. Carters Shooting Supply!

I went here yesterday and am very unsatisfied with the level of service I got... They hardly have any items in stock and were rude to me.

I've had exactly the opposite experience, every single time I've been there: the folks that work there are friendly, helpful, and certainly have never acted in any way I'd consider rude. (I think the lady at the cash register might need some happy pills, but I don't think she's rude either.)

I agree that their stock could be better, but they turn over what they have relatively quickly, so there's usually something new every time I stop in. They don't have a lot of accessories (such as holsters, as you noticed), so I've bought mine elsewhere. But I've bought two pistols there and have been pleased with the experience each time.

I went in looking for a leather shoulder holster, the older gentleman behind the counter said we have some over on the wall, I went over there and there wasnt a single shoulder holster, leather or otherwise. So he said I can order you one. I said well I dont know what I want, I was hoping to try on a few and see how they feel. His response was "Well, were not gonna bring out 3 or 4 just for you try on" and then he went on about how he cant keep too many in stock because thats just money hanging on the wall and not in his pocket... My thoughts were, is this not a store? I left and will never go back again. I normally go to Carters Shooting Supply in Harrison but was hoping to save some gas by going here. Its half the distance... For now on, if I want quality service, I know where to go. Carters Shooting Supply!

I am sorry you had a bad experience with Shooter's. I know all three of our local gun dealers (Shooter's, Carter's, and Sportsman's Supply), and I am a member at all of their ranges. I deal with Chris and the rest of the guys at Shooters regularly. They are always very helpful and will be more than willing to order whatever it is you need. Ray Carter and Carl are the same way.

Does Shooter's have very much in stock? No, but neither does Ray or Carl. Speaking in regards towards Shooter's, I wish a lot of people would realize that this is a new business. Unless you are backed by a ton of money initially, there is no way you can afford to take on a huge inventory of merchandise to satisfy every customer. If they did bring in the merchandise, there is no guarantee that they will sell it. They are competeing with the big box stores, Academy, Sportman's Warehouse, and the thousands of online retailers. I talk frequently to Ray Carter about this very thing, and it is tough for them.

I was talking to John (Shooter's) the other day and he was telling me about becoming a new dealer for Beretta. During that conversation, he mentioned about wanting to carry CZ, but could not afford to initally purchase $30k worth of CZ merchandise to become a dealer. He said he doesn't believe he can move that much merchandise in the area. The same thing was said about Kimber. I happened to have agreed with him on both points.

If Shooter's is successfull, which I hope they will be, I believe that they will expand their product line. Time will tell.

In regards to Carters, I like Ray and Billy. They are good guys and will do you right.