I have looked at all kinds of options for a SBR project. AR, all the carbines I can find, Kriss Vector, and HK. Still for one reason or another I can't find one I like. Then I remember they make a stock for a Glock. Good reliability, ease for upgrades and repair parts and highly reliable. That meets all my requirements. :surrender:

To my understanding you have to do the same you would for a rifle, pay the tax engrave and wait. Is that it the?

I am looking at either a 9mm or .45 Glock (Have the adapters for the YHM M2 Cobra to work on 9mm) Really on the fence but leaning towards the 9mm for cost of ammo. This will be a range/play thing for no more than the heck of it.

So who has time with a Glock with a stock on it? Options, opinions or thoughts?

Thanks,

Verne

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only ones I have ever shot with a stock on it have been G18's. I think on the machine pistol they really help to control it. But IMO I wouldnt pay $200 to put one on a regular Glock. Have you looked that the SP89 (MP5K) series of guns and clones? They are small and compact and more practical than a SBR'd Glock.

Guest redbarron06

I am not sure you can make a pistol into an SBR. I think you can go one way but not the other. IIRC I asked an ATF agent (because I was going to register my Encore frame as SBR and be able to use it in all ways) but he said once it is a pistol it has to remain such. I could be wrong though.

The way I understand it is you can't make a pistol into a rifle, but you can make it into an SBR. But then they sell those mechtec upper with 16" barrels to go onto a glock frame, so I don't know.

If I were going to do an SBR I would skip the glock and go with a MP5 clone or maybe an UZI type SBR.But a folding stock AK would be cool to.

Guest TwoLaneBlackTop

You can make a pistol into a rifle as long as the barrel is over 16" and the overall length is over 26" This came about because of the Thompson Contender case. The same applies to an AR-15 as well.

For example, you have a AR-15 lower that is legally a pistol lower. Now let's say you have a pistol buffer tube on it and a 16" barrel. Now, if you attach a stock this is fine as the gun would have a 16" barrel and be greater than 26" in overall length so it's fine.

You CAN go pistol to rifle and back again without any NFA paperwork as long as it does not violate the NFA laws. (16" barrel and 26" overall length as a rifle, and no vertical fore-grip if configured as a pistol)

You CAN go pistol to SBR, with the approved NFA Form 1

You CAN go rifle to SBR with the approved NFA Form 1

You CAN NOT go rifle to pistol

if i wanted to have this set up,i'd go with a glock 17, extended bbl

(just an inch or so l like lone wolf ones) then slap your stock on it,have a gen 3 since it'd be a sbr you should be able to throw a vertical foregrip with a flashlight!:drool:

maybe mall ninja,maybe new age pdw?!?

maybe not exactly what im talking about, but ....

IMG_2931-1.jpg

Edited by spookboy
if i wanted to have this set up,i'd go with a glock 17, extended bbl

(just an inch or so l like lone wolf ones) then slap your stock on it,have a gen 3 since it'd be a sbr you should be able to throw a vertical foregrip with a flashlight!:cool:

maybe mall ninja,maybe new age pdw?!?

maybe not exactly what im talking about, but ....

IMG_2931-1.jpg

And I thought a regular ole Glock was ugly, but that is well...

JHatmaker: I have read (this is just internet research) that people are not too happy with the civilian semi Kriss. They use a different bolt design then the FA version and don't run as reliable. I haven't ruled it out completely but one of my main concerns with them is "Will they be around in 10 years to get parts from?"

Thanks for all the ideas/insight guys. I'm still not set any one way or the other. More just throwing ideas around.

Guest TwoLaneBlackTop

For the money you would spend on a SBR Kriss you will be close to the range of a M11/9. and with the M11/9 you could always go with a Lage upper later on and have a real deal sub-gun that is a fantastic shooter.

JHatmaker: I have read (this is just internet research) that people are not too happy with the civilian semi Kriss. They use a different bolt design then the FA version and don't run as reliable.

I have read this too. I was actually kinda shocked when I started see the reports of problems. I hope they can get the bugs worked out or there is going to be a whole lot of pissed off people.

Guest TwoLaneBlackTop
i dont see al the whooopdie do about the kriss... just my opinion.

It's a very interesting design, very nice as a submachine-gun, key thing is "as a submachine-gun" and thanks to un-representative Hughes the vast majority of us can't buy one with the key feature that takes advantage of the Kriss design.

Edited by TwoLaneBlackTop