east TN tribe shoot em up

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 70below

Sounds like a winner to me. My travel schedule is heating up at work, but I'm sure I can find at least one of the weekends to help with clean up/set up.

Shooters always welcome to camp. It will take at least one and probably two weekends of range cleanup / repair beforehand, though. The winter was not kind...

First thing needed is trash removal, including some downed trees. Then I'm getting a few loads of dirt and renting a backhoe. Finally, new target stands need built.

You'll have to be patient. :rolleyes:

The lead i had on the backhoe is out....you think we should put a feeler out, here, for someone who knows someone with a backhoe and a dump truck?

Let's start with the dirt. Maybe my lawn tractor can push it around...

Camping: plenty of spots ranging from isolated to open. An airstream (sleeps 3 singles) is available. I have lanterns and campstoves for loan, a couple coolers and even a cabin type tent. There is a decent hotel within 6 miles (PM me for info if you need it). Rates reasonable if not a race weekend (bristol).

I'm up for a bolt gun shoot... need to get the dust off my K31!

Camping: plenty of spots ranging from isolated to open. An airstream (sleeps 3 singles) is available. I have lanterns and campstoves for loan, a couple coolers and even a cabin type tent. There is a decent hotel within 6 miles (PM me for info if you need it). Rates reasonable if not a race weekend (bristol).

So is this info for the clean-up....or the actual shoot?? Either way it sounds like I need to get started buying some Tatical Gear.......all these tuff guys gona be campin' outdoors with all the boogie monsters lurking....need to be prepared. ;):P:p

I picked up an M44, ok as long as I don't shoot it more than 10 times. I may need a Nancy pad.

Guest 70below

If we can get a solid group together, a few shovels and some manual labor, we can probably get the dirt thrown around and raked out.......unless I'm underestimating "a couple loads of dirt". I've got a lot of bobcat experience from my construction days if we can find a reasonable rental rate or someone has one to loan. And before I get anyone fired up to shovel and I can't make it to help, the 9th, 10th, and 11th are out for me, but my back and shovel are available other weekends as of right now.

Easter weekend, so I'm sure a lot of folks have church and/or family activity planned.

I'll be home, campers / range workers welcome, I'm sure there will be a little shooting.

Cody, if you can make it up, bring your carbine - I can supply you a couple hundred rounds in honor of your upcoming enlistment.

Weax: Saturday beautiful, Sunday 20% chance of rain.

Intent: remove trash/brush from range area, plan target stand placement.

if I can source filldirt (any tips?) I'll get it delivered Friday or Saturday.

Weapons available: lawn tractor w/johnny bucket, shovel, chainsaw, trash bags. Stocked broomhandle Mauser and (limited) supply of ammunition if you've ever wanted to try one.

I wasn't kidding about lanterns & stoves; don't go out and buy one!

*** dirt found, dumptruck delivering Saturday***

Edited by Mark@Sea
Guest Republican
Only if you would like to be strung up and skinned by Mark's wife.....:dropjaw:

I would not like that ..... I was just offering to help using the skills I have. :wall: