Arsenal Milled Bulgarian SA 93

Guest KarlS

Guest KarlS

I've been on somewhat of a roll recently. I have been visiting out of the way gun shops and have come out with some pretty good deals. Just last month I picked up an NHM-90. This month an NHM-91 for $350 and then the best a MAK-90 kit. There was no kits for MAK 90's. It was a full receiver, barrel, and 3 stock sets and a bunch of parts for $150 that someone took apart and never put back together. :popcorn: It took about 10 minutes to put it together.

Now for my question. Your opinions will tell me if I'm still on a roll. I walked into a shop to buy some 38's and happened to notice an AK 47 under the gun rack not on display. It was a milled Arsenal Bulgarian SA 93 with a brand new Ironwood walnut? stock set installed for $600. It is in near perfect condition. I had him put it in the safe until tomorrow. Will this purchase be worth the $600?

I promise I will update here with pics of all. Thanks in advance for your help.:D

Edited by KarlS
  • Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest KarlS

Thanks. In all the shops I've been in over the last couple of years it's always been the run of the mill AK's I've seen. Mostly Romanian or unconverted Saiga's. I hadn't even run into a Norinco until last month. Running into any milled AK was a surprise.

Not knowing a ton about Bulgarians I thought it was worth asking about the price. I'll post some pics later today.

Edited by KarlS
sp
Guest no_masters

thats a good deal I would get it. Ironwood makes really good US furniture and that's a great price for a milled bulgy. The cheapest price on gunbroker for one is 700-800 right now.

Guest KarlS

Well I got it and promised some pics. When I get some of my projects completed I'll start a thread after a comparison of a few at the range complete with target pictures. I'd be interested to see how the Bulgarian compares to the NHM90 or 91. I have not done any serious range work with any of the Norincos other than blasting a few rounds. They are nice to shoot!

Here's the new Bulgy

Bulgarian3.jpg

Bulgarian2.jpg

Here are some others I have in various stages of progress.

Romanian SAR1, Bulgarian SA93, AMD65, MAK90 project, NHM90, NHM91

AK473.jpg

Edited by KarlS
add
Guest KarlS

Thanks Garufa. They say it's one of the finest quality AK's to ever come in the country. I don't know about that personally but I'm damn sure gonna give it a good shake down to compare with the Norincos. :lol:

Guest DeadEye

Very nice and one the the best AK's out there! These were imported 94-98 with Thumhole stocks and all the evil feature like bay lug and treads on barrel removed!

Since yours was converted, hopefully it does have enough parts to be 922 legal??

One sold on GB 2 weeksago with 16 bids for $601 and another sold for $650.last month!

If this would have been a pre-ban gun with all the evil stuff, would be worth $1200+!

Edited by DeadEye
Guest KarlS
Very nice and one the the best AK's out there! These were imported 94-98 with Thumhole stocks and all the evil feature like bay lug and treads on barrel removed!

Since yours was converted, hopefully it does have enough parts to be 922 legal??

One sold on GB 2 weeksago with 16 bids for $601 and another sold for $650.last month!

If this would have been a pre-ban gun with all the evil stuff, would be worth $1200+!

It came with the old butthole stock also. Terrible finish and with the Arsenal logo on the buttplate! Gadds. I should be fine with 3 parts in the stockset and 3 in the Tapco G2. The Ironwood is of the single tang variety with the bolt that goes all the way through the buttstock and attaches inside the reciever. I could get the lower tang installed but I don't know if I really need to. I don't see the need at this point to convert all the way to pre-ban. The FSB's with the lug, pin and plunger are pretty scarce now.

the SLR's are such nice guns you should go ahead and install the lower tang (10 mins work) and get the correct FSB/FGB with cleaning rod...that gun will quickly become your favorite shooter. here are pics og my 95s that were done right.

DSC03727.jpg

DSC01769.jpg

Edited by Doc Huckleberry
Guest KarlS

Nice! Very nice!

I can get the lower tang pretty easy. The stock would have to be inletted for it but that's no big deal. They also didn't get the trap door cut in the buttstock.

I forget which one it was but either the fgb or fsb was out of stock. Did you do your yourself?