Knoxville Gun Show...What to expect?

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Caveman
I have yet to meet you Caveman, or the other 2 you mentioned. But then again, I have only been on TGO for a few months.

Are you going to the show this weekend?

I will be there. Just look for the guy with the mohawk.

kwe45919: I will be there around 8:45 to wait in line.

Guest Boogieman
true t&t gives good price on there new firearms thatr are very very competitive even with what you find online before your ffl transfer fee. been there done that

I've bought from T&T before. Good prices and was a good transaction. I'd buy from them again.

Guest Caveman
OK, I'm not sure what day I'm going yet. I might get a better deal on Sunday ey?

Well, it could go either way in my opinion. If you come Saturday you get the privilege of hanging out with me and my woman, and then you will be one of the cool kids. :D

Guest SUNTZU
Well, it could go either way in my opinion. If you come Saturday you get the privilege of hanging out with me and my woman, and then you will be one of the cool kids. :D

See you Sunday, Erik. :D

Guest SUNTZU
For those that shall remain nameless (^^^^^ :D) the show is at the Expo. See ya Saturday AM.

That's near the zoo....right? :D :D

For those that shall remain nameless (^^^^^ :D) the show is at the Expo. See ya Saturday AM.

I still feel like a bone-head for doing this at the last show.

I hope it's not as empty as last time, although it would make it easier to get to work on time if it is.

i will be there saturday morning looking for the usual suspects. most likely will get there around 8:30 or so looking for the guy with the mohawk and the girl with the tattoo on her back.....Suntzu you going sat or sun? garufa, 70 below, Mac, Mike, seaslug - sat?

Guest yellowsulphur29

Hey Bubba,

I will probably head out to the show this weekend since the weather has gone to crap and the fishing is awful. Just picked up a new gen 3 glock at Gander MTN with night sights for surprisingly 499.00. Even came with 3 mags. I have found some deals at the local stores that hands down beats the shows some time. As others have said you have to really look close. Probably going to just go and see if I can get some deals on .45 ammo or .380. Probably not much chance for any deals, but it won't hurt to look. Are you still looking for a decent PD weapon?

Hey Bubba,

I will probably head out to the show this weekend since the weather has gone to crap and the fishing is awful. Just picked up a new gen 3 glock at Gander MTN with night sights for surprisingly 499.00. Even came with 3 mags. I have found some deals at the local stores that hands down beats the shows some time. As others have said you have to really look close. Probably going to just go and see if I can get some deals on .45 ammo or .380. Probably not much chance for any deals, but it won't hurt to look. Are you still looking for a decent PD weapon?

Hey Kevin, How are ya?

I wish I was going to be able to make it this weekend, but like I said....I can't pass up a camping trip. :) I am however hoping to make the next one(whenever that may be?).

As far as looking for a weapon, I have already got something a few months ago. I picked up a M&P9c, which I couldn't be happier with. I haven't went to take my carry permit class yet, but that is on my list of "to-do's" when I come up with the $$$.

Guest yellowsulphur29

Hey Dustin,

Been doing fine, sorry I have missed the fishing trips. Can't blame you for blowing off the gun show for the camping trip. Won't be much longer till the summer break and I will probably be doing the same.

Agreed on the carry permit, find a decent class for the price. I paid like 85.00 for mine but the permit/fingerprinting/registration will run you about 130.00. Just got mine mailed two months ago. Have fun in VA and I will chat with you when you get back.

Guest HvyMtl

OS is spot on - cash is King at a Gun Show. Remember - Visa and Master Card charge around 3% for the "benefit" of using their card... American Express? Supposedly around 5%...

So that cuts 3-5% off automatically. Counter offer is key. It can save you some decent $. If they wont come down on price, try the add in tact, like ammo or holster, or carry case, etc...

i will be there saturday morning looking for the usual suspects. most likely will get there around 8:30 or so looking for the guy with the mohawk and the girl with the tattoo on her back.....Suntzu you going sat or sun? garufa, 70 below, Mac, Mike, seaslug - sat?
I'm gonna try to make it out Saturday, but if I do, it'll probably be after lunch. I've gotta coach tee ball at 10:00 AM, and then I have to decide whether or not to try to find a sitter or take my little girl with me. Decisions, decisions...