New Bill introduced proposing CCW in establishment serving liquor

That is the great thing about this country. We have too many laws.

I say Willie was right - First kill all the lawyers.

As for the motorcycle thing, actually, again I feel it is up to you as to whether or not you wear a helmet. It is actually the insurance companies that fight for it since they have to pay out when you hurt yourself. Same thing with seat belts. I wear one. I insist people in my car wear one, but that doesn't mean in your car you should have to.

I've suggested the law sunset amendment for some time. Any law would go off the books that wasn't reinstated by the legislature over 12 years with a vote every four years. I'll bet a lot of laws that sounded good at the time wouldn't sound so sensible after a few additional years.

here is a copy of the email i just sent him.

dear Mr. Naifeh,

id like to get right to the point. why do you put a stop to every pro second amendment law that the people of Tennessee try to get passed?

you have been in a political position for many many years now, and im sure you have seen the statistics the shall issue states have as far as crime and how permit holders behave. the numbers speak for themselves.

the most bothersome thing is that when this is brought up, and im referring to gun permit holders being allowed to carry into establishments that serve alcohol for on site consumption, the media and everyone else makes it out to be what it is not. it is referred too as 'Guns in Bars' and this sickens me. all that would need to be added is make it a felony to drink and carry in a bar. it is that simple. the law abiding citizens who went through the background checks and time to get the permits would have no problem honoring this as a felony as you know, revokes ones right to ever own a firearm ever again. isnt that motivation enough to let it pass? if that is not enough, then add a must be concealed provision to it. even though Tennessee allows for open or concealed carry, make the law in this case that your sidearm must be concealed. that would be no problem for myself or anyone else that i know who has a permit to carry.

the issue will never go away, and if you still think that it is a bad idea to allow this to pass, look at Virginia's statistics on handgun carry. in this particular situation, Virginia mandates that if your in a place that serves alcohol by the drink, you must carry OPENLY. the entire concealed idea means that, its concealed. out of site, out of mind.

there was an issue here in chattanooga about 2 weeks ago in a bar. a patron put a gun to the hostess' head and told her if she didnt sing 3 more songs for him, he was going to kill her husband then her.

you fail to realize that criminals know where the honest people are most vulnerable, and that is in gun-free zones. criminals do not care what laws you pass and what ones you turn down, criminals care about nothing.

the outlook on that is very cloudy. i refuse to go out to eat in town because of the nazi style laws i have to abide by. what would i do if i was at dinner at for example, Red Lobster, and someone came in with a gun and started open firing. the way the law is currently written, an off duty police officer is forbidden by law to carry in a place like this unless he is officially conducting his job. what constitutes this? someone entering with a gun shooting at everyone and everything. dont you think that the innocent bystanders deserve a chance? do not sit there and think that this would lead to vigilante justice, because it isnt. the police can not be everywhere everytime when needed. that is the reason i choose to have my gun permit and i carry it. enough said. the way i see it is typed below.

an unarmed man is a victim. an armed man is a citizen.

and a quote i saw in one of my forums that i hang out in, says this and this pretty much sums it up and i will type it here and let that end my letter.

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

R.S.V.P. if you want too.

Rob Bodenbender

TN HCP Holder

Chattanooga, TN

Looks pretty good. I hope you used proper capitalization and realize that R.S.V.P means "Répondez s'il-vous-plaît" or "Please Respond" so you kind of contradicted yourself, but hey, who am I, the Internet Grammar Police?

I personally like the signature - "Because when seconds count, the police are only minutes away.”

I do not go for the concealed carry only part of your proposal. The reason OC is allowed is to stop of from being arrested in case of inadvertant exposure of our firearms.

Unfortunately Naifeh will not respond or even consider you letter. In his eyes you are already a nutcase.

Guest Boomhower
I do not go for the concealed carry only part of your proposal. The reason OC is allowed is to stop of from being arrested in case of inadvertant exposure of our firearms.

Unfortunately Naifeh will not respond or even consider you letter. In his eyes you are already a nutcase.

I agree on both of these points Mike. He probably won't even take the time to read it all the way thru once he gets past the first few sentences.

Guest canynracer
This is what I sent:

Senator Roller,

Thank you for the dedication and service to the people of Tennessee. As a Coffee County constituent, I place in your hands my support for SB0023, so that you may effect it. As a TN HCP holder for the past 5 years, I want you to know that it is my sincere desire for those of us whom the State of TN trusts with this responsibility… to be more fully trusted. Just as a drivers’ license is documentation of the State’s confidence in a driver to operate a motor-vehicle to and from a restaurant which serves alcohol, provided they are sober, I believe that there should be equal confidence held for those of us who claim the right to self-defense, regardless of where we are, or what the person at the next table has purchased to drink. I would like to be able to take my wife to a nice restaurant without worrying that I have forgotten to disarm, or worse, to be powerless to defend myself from an armed assailant who has no reverence for any law. This legislation would also do away with the equally senseless restriction upon off-duty law-enforcement officers to disarm before entering such restaurants. It is only logical to support Senator Jackson’s bill, because as the law is written now, the only people who are prevented from possessing weapons are the people who respect and abide by the law to begin with.

Thank you for your time, and again for your service.

Regards,

XXXXX XXXXXX

Tullahoma, TN

(###) ###-####

ummm yeah, I am gonna need to copy paste this to mine...is that ok? unless of course whoever represents Memphis/Shelby county is the same...I am not real good with politics..you all have been teaching me a lot

Guest Boomhower
Excellent!

My Senator just got an e-mail.

Mine as well. Although she voted aye already.

I found my senator...Mark Norris?...now I just need to figure out his stance on handguns...

anyone know?

He voted aye as well. Can't be too bad.

Guest Boomhower
what did franklin's vote? i have no idea who it is as i have only voted in the presidential election lately.

Steve Roller is Franklin's Senator, and I don't see his name on the voting list. Only 9 Senator's voted. I think we have 34 in total :cool:, but I'm not certain about that.

Steve Roller is Franklin's Senator, and I don't see his name on the voting list. Only 9 Senator's voted. I think we have 34 in total :cool:, but I'm not certain about that.

This was only the vote in the Judicary committee. The bill will have to pass in all commitees before it is sent to the whole senate.