Knoxville Gun Show

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I enjoyed my first gunshow! I scored a brick of .22lr for $15, so I am happy. Would've definitely liked to of had an extra grand or so to spend and I would've came home with alot more, but whatdya gonna do? It was also good to see everyone, and meet some new people as well.

Well, I enjoyed my first gunshow! I scored a brick of .22lr for $15, so I am happy. Would've definitely liked to of had an extra grand or so to spend and I would've came home with alot more, but whatdya gonna do? It was also good to see everyone, and meet some new people as well.

Bubba, did you guys end up going out to eat? I was planning on going but my phone is DEAD and I couldn't find you guys

Bubba, did you guys end up going out to eat? I was planning on going but my phone is DEAD and I couldn't find you guys

Yeah, Some of us ended up at Hooters. We were wondering what had happened to ya. Wish you could have been there.

gotcha, don't really care for Hooters though. Food is horrible and they are posted. Don't like to give my $$ to businesses that don't care about my safety. ...

Hooters are posted? I thought we went though this during the first okay for "guns in bars" , and they weren't?

Gee, guess I'll have to be more observant.

Or not.

Had a fine time socializing with everyone, as always. Main reason I go.

Bought some .223, a back scratcher, a "US Army Unissued" whetstone, and 5 more GI can openers.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot

Good to see everyone today and meet some new folks. Didn't really find anything that caught my eye enough to pull out the wallet but that GSG 1911 was certainly calling out.

Came home with a pack of my favorite 22 targets and a funky stink about me.

Don't think I've ever been to a more crowded show. This is the Expo after all, usually there is room to spread out and relax. Not today. There must have been a million people in there all sweating and farting up the place.

Good to see everyone today and meet some new folks. Didn't really find anything that caught my eye enough to pull out the wallet but that GSG 1911 was certainly calling out.

Came home with a pack of my favorite 22 targets and a funky stink about me.

Don't think I've ever been to a more crowded show. This is the Expo after all, usually there is room to spread out and relax. Not today. There must have been a million people in there all sweating and farting up the place.

thought for sure you would have added a little something something with iron sights to your stash.

And I was not sweating.

Guest DeadEye

70% Flea-Market junk and about 30% Guns, usually its 50-50, talked to 5 dealers and they said it was a Sorry-ASS Show!

Did not see OhShoots BFF Mr. Tater, but heard he left early!

I saw very few folks carrying guns, but did not get there till 11 ish!

A TON of people, plenty of guns if you were there at the right time. Several dealers down in the dumps about sales but that was all depending on what they were selling. Others having a great day. Tater was there for several hours best I can recall.

Glad I missed half the deals I heard about else I would have been broke , lmao.

Going back tomorrow to get another round. Hey Vero, isn't that safe feeling a little stuffed ? :up::D Why not bring a couple to sell and make it feel better ??

Guest DeadEye

Well Tater leaving early should tell you how bad it was! He never ever has been known to leave a Show early, he usually keeps his Table open till the last minute!

Well Tater leaving early should tell you how bad it was! He never ever has been known to leave a Show early, he usually keeps his Table open till the last minute!

Why do you keep coming back here? I mean, really!

Is your life really that lonely and pathetic?

Never said he had a table set up. I simply stated he was there in all his suspender and plaid glory.

And when I start judging whether or not to attend a gun show based on the appearence, or lack there of, a guy named S**D's then I will start using a magic 8 ball and a ouija board to make my life choices ;)

Well the show was good to me. I was able to mark one off my want list today.

Found a Marlin 1894C presafety unfired and with the box.

Ah, that's great. Glad I didn't see it, would have been tempted.

I have current Marlin .357...

Ya need to come shoot that baby up Norris sometime so I can see it. :)

- OS

I thought it was a good show, although I thought the number of guns was down from shows at Chilhowee. I was able to pick up a replacement for a recent shotgun I sold, and had enough money left over to buy everything else I needed for re-loading. I ended up finding a guy walking around with a brand new 12ga exactly what I wanted. I saved myself $120 vs. what dealers were selling them for if you factor in tax and background. I guess I took advantage of slow sales that other's have mentioned as I got some great deals on the re-loading stuff. That made it worth it as nobody in Knoxville seems to carry re-loading supplies.

Not the best show as far as sales....lots of browsing. With an economy like we have now, these dealers are going to have to realize that people are shopping around more and the days of a room full of suckers have gone and went.