"Official" East Tn TGO Fall "Meet & Shoot"

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally would prefer the Satudays 10/2, 10/9, :poop::up: or 10/16 :).

The Sundays that bookend those dates are doable also for me, but slightly less so.

I don't have a Norris Range pass, but I would go get one for this and use it regularly also.

So plunking down the cash to do some plinking down range is a win for me. :biglol:

Guest Letereat!
So who all would really be interested in attending that doesn't have a key/pass to Norris?

How about these options for the poll thread?....10/2, 10/3, 10/9, 10/10, 10/16, 10/17?

any or all of the above works 4 me.

Guest IzzyIsaac

I voted in the Poll. I also vote for private land. I hate paying $20 to go shoot when i could spend that on AMMO or a mag or anything! I also like trying to reach out and touch something as well!

Guest IzzyIsaac
I have some land, but it's in Middle TN...lot's of fun and 115 acres of room, but too far away unfortunately. I'd be down for a private shoot. I go to Norris almost weekly, so that wouldn't be as appealing to me, plus we would have to deal with non-TGO'ers :)

Oooo! Oooo! I'm in middle TN. I wanna go! ha

Guest TargetShooter84
Well, So far it seems no private land available. How do you guys think Norris PD would feel with us having a cookout there at the range? We could set everything up back in the far back right hand corner as you pull into the parking lot?

Only those people that carry HCP badges need not approach us for free food :D

Well, So far it seems no private land available. How do you guys think Norris PD would feel with us having a cookout there at the range? We could set everything up back in the far back right hand corner as you pull into the parking lot?

Not sure how good an idea cooking at a range is. Especially a commercial range like Norris. Is there a picnic area in that part of the watershed anywhere?

anyone?

Beuhler?

Hey East TN TGO gang,

AFAIK the location for (and date of) the ET Meet & Shoot hasn't been decided/announced yet, but the Norris Range location has been proposed as a possibility.

As I said before I haven't been to the Norris Range before but know several folks that do go pretty regularly and asked them some questions.

I decided to call up the Norris PD who issues the permits and controls access to the range and ask a few questions like cost, location, hours, etc....

The info they gave me on the phone about using the range confirms most of what I've been told and read, BUT some things I was informed of differs from things people who have been/go there have told me, as well other things I've heard or read. It doesn't radically differ but I'm glad I checked first.

SO, without going into specifics that may cause some confusion, I highly recommend YOU contact the Norris Public Safety folks BEFORE you make the trip.

If you already shoot there, no problem you should know the deal already.

If you don't CALL FIRST. Get the story from them and ask questions.

Then decide how best to proceed so you can go there to shoot if you wish to (for any reason not just this proposed event).

Nice folks to talk too, very helpful, answered all my questions.

I'll probably go by there this Friday or Saturday to get my permit.

Its close enough to me to warrant the trip /cost to go shoot outdoors at a nice, decent facility (so I'm told) .

Plus I know a few coworkers who go there I could hook up with as well, and yes I told them about TGO most already know bout the board. :P

City of Norris website - Public Safety page: Norris TN Public Safety

(no info on the range on the site, call the number below)

Public Safety

Telephone 865.494.0880

Who knows BigJ45 well?

Hint hint....

That was one of the best gatherings we've ever had, along with Mark's place.

- OS

Ahhhhh.....my first meet with you guys was at BigJ45's place.......That sure was a cool place to shoot. Surely someone could get in contact with him again to see what's up???

Either way it goes, I'm down for the Norris area unless someone has somewhere else we could gather. Weekends are decent for me but Saturdays can be trickey pending the time. I've missed too many of the "local" shoots with the regular gang this summer. Kinda miss you guys...

Well, Its not really looking like we have a private location to organize this thing at. What about picnic areas close to the Norris area, etc? Meet up there, have some chow and chat abit, then move the party to the range? I realize some don't want to have to pay to shoot at Norris, but at the moment....this basically seems like the only option available. If you don't want to pay to shoot at Norris, you could still come and hang out at the picnic area.

What do you guys think? Anyone happen to know of a good location for a cook-out in that area?

Who knows BigJ45 well?

Hint hint....

That was one of the best gatherings we've ever had, along with Mark's place.

- OS

I would be up for hosting again but I am planning on shooting matches every weekend in Oct except the 30/31. If I don't go to Knob Creek the 9/10 weekend might work. I haven't decided for sure if I'm going or not yet. Edited by BigJ45
Ahhhhh.....my first meet with you guys was at BigJ45's place.......That sure was a cool place to shoot. Surely someone could get in contact with him again to see what's up???

Either way it goes, I'm down for the Norris area unless someone has somewhere else we could gather. Weekends are decent for me but Saturdays can be trickey pending the time. I've missed too many of the "local" shoots with the regular gang this summer. Kinda miss you guys...

Yeah I've been pretty busy and missed too many shoots, too. I'm gonna really try to make this one.

Guest Letereat!
Well, Its not really looking like we have a private location to organize this thing at. What about picnic areas close to the Norris area, etc? Meet up there, have some chow and chat abit, then move the party to the range? I realize some don't want to have to pay to shoot at Norris, but at the moment....this basically seems like the only option available. If you don't want to pay to shoot at Norris, you could still come and hang out at the picnic area.

What do you guys think? Anyone happen to know of a good location for a cook-out in that area?

We could use the new pavillion next to the Middle School. Or Better yet the Pavillion at Dam Park with the Amphitheater. Im almost positive they have grills up there. Ill call the City offices and the State Park tomorrow(24 Sept.) and find out.

Edited by Letereat!