"Official" East Tn TGO Fall "Meet & Shoot"

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Letereat!

The pavillion at the park costs $110.00 to rent and is not avialable on 10/16.

The Pavillion at the Middle School IS avialable on 10/16 and only costs $60.00 There are two grills.

Ok guys, I think we are going to shoot(pun intended :popcorn: ) for the weekend of the 30th/31st. BigJ45 has said he would be willing to host it at his place, just as long as nothing comes up. So here in a couple weeks we're gonna try to get more details worked out. Looking forward to it guys!

is there an airport close by? could someone pick me up????

Terry, not sure if Powell airport (not sure if airstrip is paved or not) is still open or not but that's as close as I can think of if we're going to be in the Norris area. That'd be something you'd have to check on. However, you know all about Downtown Island Airport and of course Tyson as well. Surely us TGO'ers would be able to work something out with ya if you're wanting to FLY up here to shoot with us....

BTW.....if the meet is at BigJ45's place, we all gona take over Shoney's again for some morning grub?? Twas an interesting and fun time last time.....good way for a "meet n greet" before unloading some lead.

Guest oldsmobile98

I am gonna do my dead-level best to be there. Can bring said TV for destruction if desired. Or not, 'cause BigJ45 might not want to be picking up TV splinters for years to come.

Looking forward to it, gents.

Guest Letereat!
is there an airport close by? could someone pick me up????

My Uncle has a Strip of grass that hes been using for his Taylorcraft for 25+ years.(1200-1500ft i think) If your qualified im sure he'd let you "drop in" so to speak. Wouldn't try the Bonanza or Baron unless you got some balls o steel though:stare::D....

Its off the Noriss Freeway. less than 10 miles from Norris

Edited by Letereat!

Ok Guys, This thing is still going to happen. It will be happening on Halloween weekend at BigJ45's place(In Andersonville, not far from Big Ridge Park), however the specific day isn't decided yet. I figure it will be best to figure out which night/evening everyone will be taking their kids trick or treating(not sure which day?), and shoot for the opposite day. That way no one has to be in a hurry to get back home to get their kids ready or what have you. What do you guys think?

"titan14" has volunteered to bring his smoker for the food and they'll be a few things we need to decide there, but i'll let him post and give you guys the run-down of what he'll need to know as far as what meat everyone wants.

As far as everything else other than meat, As much as I would like to be able to afford to bring enough for everyone, I can't. So maybe if everyone could bring something, it will be easier on everyone. A few things that i can think of right now that we'd need...

Meat(once everyone decides on that)

Buns?

Drinks

Ice/Cooler(s)

Sides

Sweets?

Condiments

Plates, silverware, napkins, etc

Anyways, Thats all I can think of right now, so we can start trying to get things worked out.

Edited by Bubbatn

Looks like this thing is coming together. :)

If Titan is bringing his smoker I suggest everyone pitch in a few $$$ for his trouble, expense and the freakin' world's greatest hot dogs he makes. :) I would gladly pitch in say $10 myself or whatever is appropriate. If enough people commit to something along those lines this just might be a happening.

Big thanks to BigJ45! He's good people, has a nice range and is way too generous to have all of us heathens out. :P