Attention Old Timers!

VERO1

Baha... Baha... Baha-SHUTUP....

:D

I have a policy in place for those punks tonight.

Don't you know you're supposed to leave the "bait" out in the car AFTER you've bought the new shotgun???

Youngsters... jeez.... Ya try to teach 'em and all they wanna do is stand around in parking lots and leave their valuables layin' around unguarded... :poop::D

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

( It's a joke, concerning your recent disarmament. )

See there, Jamie...you ain't been back no time and you done went and pi$$ed off G23FM!

BTW...Jamie....speaking of disarmament....what do you call a man, with no arms, no legs, and lays at your doorstep?????

Matt.

See there, Jamie...you ain't been back no time and you done went and pi$$ed off G23FM!

Given the title of the thread, I figured I was almost obligated to piss someone under the age of about 30 off. :D

BTW... whatever happened to anything past 30 being "over the hill"? Did whoever made that one up suddenly wake up one day, notice they were 35 or so and not quite dead yet, and change their mind? :D

Guest Glock23ForMe

Haha... No, for real though, I moved my Border Collie's bed next to the window, so he will hear anything and everything that goes on.... And Bark.

that way, I can call the cops and give them a description.

All I know is that my 15 year old twins and 24 year old college educated daughter think that I don't know :poop:. Somehow I managed to figure out how to send one to grad school and the twins to some of the best private schools in the area. I wish that I had been dumb enough to spend that money on myself. :)

All I know is that my 15 year old twins and 24 year old college educated daughter think that I don't know :poop:. Somehow I managed to figure out how to send one to grad school and the twins to some of the best private schools in the area. I wish that I had been dumb enough to spend that money on myself. :)

Dad? Is that you?

:lol:

I think most of the age comments originate in humor. Some people get bent out of shape over innocuous comments.

As for young guys, as they get older and older they will realize us old farts were not as dumb as they thought we were. :)

Mike, you are a wise man.

I think most of the age comments originate in humor. Some people get bent out of shape over innocuous comments.

As for young guys, as they get older and older they will realize us old farts were not as dumb as they thought we were. :)

Some do, but Mike you've known me on here for a long time. I have only got ticked at about 3 people over the age thing and that' s been in cases where I've had people of all ages agreeing with me, but 1 person repetitively talking down to me like I have no clue how to even tie my shoe.

As some one who just went "Golden" last week I appreciate all life has taught me in the last 50 years.

Most of what I know about actually using firearms I learned from Drill Instructors at Fort Leonard Wood , Mo. in the early 80's and several Platoon Sargents during my stint with A Co., 1/327th Infantry 101st Airborne (Air Assault) Div. :usa: back in the mid 80's.

One of our E-7's was former AMU and wore the "Presidents Hundred Tab". Everyone in the unit qualified Expert with the M16A1 (or you got your a** kicked till you did).

So I'm about 20 ish + years since I used firearms regularly and having just recently purchased my first pistol (due more to economic circumstances thru the years than interest I assure you) I have much to re-learn. I'm blessed with resources like good friends, and fellow shooters, and the internet to help with that process.

I have a great friend I work with and we car pool to the plant. He's Retired Air Force and AFNG and turned 65 this year. He's also fellow shooter with Air Force Specs Ops experience.

Even at my age I learn some from his wisdom and experience all the time.

We both try to pass some of that one to some of the younger crew we work with. I see in them some of the "yeah I know that" demeanor I know I had in earlier years.

He makes that same observation regarding me regularly. ;) Seems to be a process of life that most of us go thru and grow thru.

Notice I said most, cause I also see a lot of folks my age and I just wonder, sometimes out loud, "Why don't they get that ??" and "Where or when did you miss that lesson??":screwy:

I respect the knowledge, perspective and energy that many of the younger folks bring with them and sometimes envy that "bold and fresh" attitude they have.

I will hope they respect the "been there, done that" experiences many of us have earned or endured (sometimes not by our own choice) during our lifetime.

I think the equation WISDOM = Knowledge + Experience sums it up best.

and now a little music for your enjoyment; "...wish I didn't know now, what I didn't know then..."

from Against the wind, Bob Seger and the Silver BULLET :) Band, 1980

below is from wikipedia

"Against the Wind" is a song by Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band from the 1980 album Against the Wind. According to a writer for Rolling Stone,

"'Against the Wind' is about trying to move ahead, keeping your sanity and integrity at the same time."

I think that last quote pretty much sums up modern life for most folks. YMMV!

(also sounds like the progression of this and most other threads on this board.:D )

And below is my signature line. which is my "tarded" up version of the lyrics to the Charlie Daniels Band classic "Long Haired Country Boy". (hope you enoy)

Jus trying to give my take on, and apply my own clever wit (?!?!?!?!???) to the "tarded" up situation his nation is in.

Cheers!:( to all TGO'ers

Assuming you are at least 21 and can legally enjoy the beverage presented above. JK!

LOL!!!

OMG! Sorry for the long post! :D

Edited by Red9MM
Guest Old goat
I think half of you guys are lying about your age anyway.

The young ones, half of us old ones can't remember our age, just guessing.

Last time I got a hair cut I asked the young lady if she could take some of what she cut off and cover up the bald spot in the back. She responded " I wasn't going to cut that much off", smartass young-uns.

Last time I got a hair cut I asked the young lady if she could take some of what she cut off and cover up the bald spot in the back. She responded " I wasn't going to cut that much off", smartass young-uns.

bahahhahaha. I give my dad crap all the time about his hair. Only because I know I'll be bald someday.

Old Goat:

About the time you were graduating from High School I married my 3rd wife and acquired step children 18, 20, and 24 along with grand children 4,3, 2 and 1. Step son had the 2 older and step daughter had the 2 younger. We adopted the oldest grand daughter within a year.

I recall before retiring that we had a young one on the crew that thought he had the answers and wanted to prove his great knowledge by disagreeing with the older members of the crew. One person told him to show respect as I was old enough to be his father. My reply to that was that I had been dating his mother before he was born so could indeed have been his father which really set him off. He appeared to show a bit more respect after he asked his mother if she had indeed dated me before he was born. The mother called and told me about it laughing the entire time she was telling me. I was not his father as I married wife 3 rather than his mother.

It is not age in years but in years of experience that matters. I know a whole bunch of people that lived in a cocoon their entire lives and still believed the same fairy tales at 60 as they did at 15.