Middle TN Owl Hollow Meet 10/30

Ok, just so I don't go to the wrong place. We don't turn in at the normal range driveway? We look for Charlies personal driveway?

Thanks!

That is correct. Turn down the drive marked 2795 Owl Hollow Rd. If you are coming from Lewisburg Pike it's the first drive on the left before the main range.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

went to the range today, met Charlie (owner). great guy and nice outdoor range, which I prefer. Went ahead and joined the range, probably the best $40 dollars I've spent in a while. Shot 150 rounds in the pistol pit and had a blast. Met several nice folks with some really nice weapons just wish I had taken more ammo.

Anyway, for those of you that haven't been to this range before it's really nice and fairly well laid out. should be a blast.

Guest GunTroll
went to the range today, met Charlie (owner). great guy and nice outdoor range, which I prefer. Went ahead and joined the range, probably the best $40 dollars I've spent in a while. Shot 150 rounds in the pistol pit and had a blast. Met several nice folks with some really nice weapons just wish I had taken more ammo.

Anyway, for those of you that haven't been to this range before it's really nice and fairly well laid out. should be a blast.

How is it laid out? What sort of distances for rifle is there? And what about targets stands? Are there benches with seats, etc?

How is it laid out? What sort of distances for rifle is there? And what about targets stands? Are there benches with seats, etc?

Don't know about the private side, but the main range is laid out fairly simply. Everything is under roof with benches for the 100 yrd side and smaller becnhs for the rest of the range. There are fixed target stands and everything is provided. Half the range is 25 yrds with the 50 behind it and the other half is 100 yrd. Targets (lots and varied), staplers, range scopes, rest, ect are all provided. Granted they aren't the best but they are provided and workable. Charlie even brings a cooler out and puts bottled water in it during the hot days. Great place.

Don't know about the private side, but the main range is laid out fairly simply. Everything is under roof with benches for the 100 yrd side and smaller becnhs for the rest of the range. There are fixed target stands and everything is provided. Half the range is 25 yrds with the 50 behind it and the other half is 100 yrd. Targets (lots and varied), staplers, range scopes, rest, ect are all provided. Granted they aren't the best but they are provided and workable. Charlie even brings a cooler out and puts bottled water in it during the hot days. Great place.

what Smith said but I'd suggest bringing your own paper targets to staple to the target stands. I didn't see any extra's laying around and the ones downrange were really shot up. But then again I never really got out of the pistol pit.

what Smith said but I'd suggest bringing your own paper targets to staple to the target stands. I didn't see any extra's laying around and the ones downrange were really shot up. But then again I never really got out of the pistol pit.

There's stacks of all kinds of targets in the little building about midway down the range. There is also extra hearing and eye protection.

Guest Guy N. Cognito

For you Magpul Dynamics fans, I'll bring some of my BSA targets for use on the private range.

I can also bring some bottled water for the group.

Count me in! I'm new here, and this would be a great chance to meet a bunch of fine folks. I'm a member at CHMR, but I've never been "up the hill" to the other range, so this should be fun.

I'll bring my CZ452 Trainer rifle in .22LR. Anybody is welcome to shoot it.

What still needs to be brought? Food? Drinks? Supplies?

Guest Phantom

This sounds like a great day! Definately count me in!! should have my 1st EBR done by then, so will bring it along :)

Also, did i read somwhere that there is skeet there as well ?? anyone going to do this ?? if so i'll throw my shotgun in as well...

This sounds like a great day! Definately count me in!! should have my 1st EBR done by then, so will bring it along :)

Also, did i read somwhere that there is skeet there as well ?? anyone going to do this ?? if so i'll throw my shotgun in as well...

I'm building an EBR too. Should have the Daniel Defense parts kit in today and got the Spike's lower in Yesterday. If you plan to shoot skeet bring a box or two of clay pigeons. I got a couple boxes at Walmart, but Dick's Sporting good store and academy should have them too.

what's the head count so far ?

Bigwakes

Guy N. Cognito

Drewsett

Broomhead?

Westwindmike

Farrar

Xdshooter

St.Patrick

Gr8smiles

Harold?

Springfield19

LagerHead

Broknbonz & wife

MarkA

Smith & Wife

Johnmattwill

Gunrunner32

Guntroll

Zgunbear

NashvilleStage

Phantom

gw2and4

Looks like 25 so far including maybes and spouses.