Welcome to Tennessee Gun Owners

Welcome to Tennessee Gun Owners -- The Premier Website for Tennessee Firearms Owners and Enthusiasts

If you have an account with us, please Sign In.

If you do not have an account, register now for one! It's 100% free and easy to do. »» Join TGO Now ««

As a member of Tennessee Gun Owners you can...
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Scope mount bases for Marlin 925m 22mag.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 -boatman-

-boatman-

TGO Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts
Carry Permit Holder NRA Member

Posted 06 March 2011 - 04:07 PM

Where can I find scope mounting bases in the mid state area for a Marlin925m 22mag rifle. I'm not having any luck locating any. The receiver is drilled and tapped and grooved. I would rather use bases but I may have to go with the groves if I can't find any bases. Anyone got a idea on where to look?

#2 GunTroll

GunTroll

Banned from TGO

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 04:57 PM

May have to go with the ole trusty internet purchasing on that one. Its not common like a Ruger 10-22.

Don't quote me but I think a 25M/922M, is almost identical and probably many other models as well as far as hole spacing is concerned. You could try Midsouth Shooters Supply, Reloading, Air Guns, Optics, Muzzleloaders & Shooting Supplies if thats not too far for you. They have pick up available Tues-Fri if you don't want to have them shipped. I understand wanting to try or buy while in hand.

#3 whiskey

whiskey

TGO Senior Member

• Subject Matter Experts
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 12:18 AM

I may have some in my parts box. PM me your address and I will drop them in the mail if I have them. Actually, I know I have some that fit a 917, but I am sure they are the same bases. They may not be what you want, but you can't beat the price... :(

EDIT:

I found what I believe are the bases for the Marlin. They are a 2 piece weaver style set in matte black. Unbelievably, I found all 4 screws for them too. Let me know if you want them.

Edited by whiskey, 07 March 2011 - 12:31 AM.
add some mo' info.

#4 -boatman-

-boatman-

TGO Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts
Carry Permit Holder NRA Member

Posted 07 March 2011 - 02:50 AM

I may have some in my parts box. PM me your address and I will drop them in the mail if I have them. Actually, I know I have some that fit a 917, but I am sure they are the same bases. They may not be what you want, but you can't beat the price... :2cents:

EDIT:

I found what I believe are the bases for the Marlin. They are a 2 piece weaver style set in matte black. Unbelievably, I found all 4 screws for them too. Let me know if you want them.

I'll take them and will more than happy to pay you for them. pm sent.