• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

May I say something about the LPK? With the money you're saving on the stock, it would probably be a better investment to get a DD kit for, say, $20 more than the DPMS kit.

Daniel Defense AR-15 Lower Parts Kit (LRPK) includes MAGPUL MOE Trigger Guard

Just a thought. Most people don't have issues with the DPMS kits.

Why? I'm a DD fan, but have had great luck with DPMS kits.

About the same as a .223

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

Cool. Just wondering if I was going to have to help polish the teeth marks out of your upper receiver ;). No way I would stick an MOE stock on the .458. Good way to get a mouthfull of gun.

May I say something about the LPK? With the money you're saving on the stock, it would probably be a better investment to get a DD kit for, say, $20 more than the DPMS kit.

Daniel Defense AR-15 Lower Parts Kit (LRPK) includes MAGPUL MOE Trigger Guard

Just a thought. Most people don't have issues with the DPMS kits.

I aldready have the DPMS and the trigger group isnt a permanent fixture. Ill be upgrading to a Geiselle or however you spell it.

Why? I'm a DD fan, but have had great luck with DPMS kits.

DD has had fewer "hiccups" with their kits than DPMS has in the past. I have DPMS in one of my rifles, and an unknown in the other, so I'll be swapping them out.

I don't really have any credible evidence, but I keep hearing things about the DPMS kits, and for a few dollars more, I'd be happier.

Maybe I've been hearing wrong. I may just leave that kit in there. But the unknown one is outta' there!:D

Also, didn't see your post earlier, Il Duce, Mike is probably right. He's got a lot more experience than I.

Maybe I've been hearing wrong. I may just leave that kit in there. But the unknown one is outta' there!:D

Also, didn't see your post earlier, Il Duce, Mike is probably right. He's got a lot more experience than I.

I know Duce pretty well. He got the stripped lower from me. I always swap out the trigger groups on my lowers, so I'm primarily concerned with the other parts in the kit. If your lower is working OK, there's no reason to swap out a kit. You can buy the individual parts at Midway and other places if something breaks.

• 2 weeks later...

Since I am still waiting to get my lower back from the engraver I decided to postpone the order of the upper since I have a few months before I will want to use it and am going in the morning to purchase a YHM 7.62 Phantom suppressor. Hopefully I will get both stamps back around the same time.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

• 5 months later...

My has this build changed since I started buying stuff.

ON HAND

PSA stripped lower

DPMS LPK (used for springs and pins)

JoeBobOutfitters Buffer tube kit

Magpul MOE handguard

Magpul MOE stock

Magpul trigger guard

Magpul BAD lever

Magpul RVG

Troy rear folding sight

Geissele Super 3 Gun trigger

Noveske KX3 (using until AAC 762-SD paperwork comes in)

BCM Full Auto BCG

BCM Gunfighter charging handle

IKICKHIPPIES SLAP

Waiting On Paperwork

AAC 762-SD Suppressor

BCM BFH 11.5" upper

Waiting to be available

BCM Gunfighter pistol grip

Waiting on funds

Aimpoint Patrol Rifle Optic

Edited by Il Duce
  • 2 weeks later...