Smoky Mountain Gun Collectors Association Show August 27-28 in Knoxville,Tn

The annual SMGCA show is coming up this weekend.

This will be the second year at their new location right off Callahan Drive.

For anyone that has never been to one of their shows this is an ACTUAL gun show. They specifically keep the riff raff out (chinese flea market items, camo flippie floppies, etc) so I always try to show my support by getting the word out and helping out their attendance. Last years show was huge and I remember watching several deals pass me by. One, (IHC M1 Garand) still has me :(

It's located at

6700 Jubilee Center Way

Knoxville, TN 37912

I don't have the show hours but will update as soon as I can find out.

Thanks for the heads up. This is an excellent show.

Yeah, it really is more of a classic firearms collector's type show. Even though I'm not one, I really enjoyed it last year. Gonna be out of town though, can't make it this year.

- OS

It's been $6, & there has been a $1 off coupon in the Knoxville News Sentinel classifieds.

Just checked - No add in Wed. paper.

There is a coupon/ad in the sports section of Knoxville paper today, Thursday.

Affirmative ! I know last year Mike with phantom firearms had a table as well as several dealers that had new and like new firearms. I hope people aren't under the impression that this is a show for muskets and black powder,lol. There's no limit on what you can bring to sell ortrade as long as its gun related.

fairly nice show, all meat and potatoes. Very little crappola.

Did not see much buying going on, 'cept for some guy who looked to be buying an AK or some such out in the parking lot.

Seemed just about 1/2 everyone attending was toting something for sale.

Nearly all the same dealers you find at the Expo Center and Chilhowee. Only real difference is the "junk" dealers weren't present.

Not deals to be found by me. Found a used Taurus that was missing finish and was very abused.This is the one like my wife wants but the dealer was asking $480. I can get the same gun for $362 out the door elsewhere.

Found another dealer selling a really rough Broomhandle Mauser but I don't have the cash this week so I asked for a way to contact him next week to buy it. He said he didn't want that so I guess I won't be buying it.

Used Ruger 10/22's for $450.

Used Sigma S&W for $350 firm. They can be had for $299 new at every other show.

For me the $3 spent to get int was a waste as was the 45 minute drive to get there.

Hate to be negative but it seems like no one checks around and then prices accordingly. $480 for a used Taurus is absolutely ridiculous.

Dolomite

They, the mall ninja security services, steal ammo at the Expo Center.

Dolomite

I know, I've heard the story. I just don't thinks it's the civil rights issue that others do. I've carried numerous loaded mags in Knoxville gun shows. If you don't show them they can't take it.

Mainly just thought it seemed odd that he asked in sincerity. Maybe there was some resentment behind the question.