Smoky Mountain Gun Collectors Association Show August 27-28 in Knoxville,Tn

I know, I've heard the story. I just don't thinks it's the civil rights issue that others do. I've carried numerous loaded mags in Knoxville gun shows. If you don't show them they can't take it.

Mainly just thought it seemed odd that he asked in sincerity. Maybe there was some resentment behind the question.

It may be a civil rights issue.

Not really sure if a private party can violate the civil rights of another private party. it would seem so but don't recall any cases. If it is possible then the Expo Center has, without a doubt, violated the 5th Ammendment of the Constitution. It says in part "nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law". If that is the case then they can be sued for violating the civil rights of another as well as being sued in civil court for damages as well as court costs.

The Expo Center as well as their security are considered private parties, same as you and I. They cannot take (steal) private property from another without due process regardless of what they think or what rules they make up. In the same way we cannot take the property of the Expo Center or their security based on a rule we make. I would love nothing more than to walk around with a sign that says "No $20 bills within 100 feet" then take every $20 bill I could find. Actually I wouldn't but it is the same only what is being taken is different. I have stood by an watched people have their ammunition stolen. As a private party they can only ask you to leave the property or ask you to secure the property elsewhere. They cannot take your private property without giving you the opportunity to get it back.

As I have said before I have spoke to the DA's office for Knox County. They agreed that the security guards, acting as an agent of the Expo Center, are breaking the law by taking private property and not returning it. They went on to say that at a minimum they are committing a theft. They also recommended to sue in civil court for their loss as well as court costs.

I didn't sue because I was made whole, by way of cash money, after the Expo Security stole from me. And I bet if RK Show had to start paying everyone for their losses, like they did me, they would demand a change to the rules. I just hate the fact that everyone who has lost ammunition have not been made whole. Rex, the show promoter, is more than willing to give cash to anyone who has lost ammunition to the Expo Center security. All you have to do is call him and the enxt show you will be handed cash as well as free admittance for you and your friends.

Dolomite