Knoxville Rifle Ranges

Guest scarabatwork

Guest scarabatwork

Can anyone tell me who has nice outdoor facilities in the Knoxville area? I'm looking for both rifle and sporting clays.

Thanks in advance!

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest readyornot

I can only recommend Oak Ridge Sportsman's Association. I have not shot anywhere else. For the money it's a great deal ($120/year).

Guest nj.piney

volenteer rifle range on rifle range road in knoxville, hourly rates or membership. its a national guard range.it has a pistol range, rifle ,trap,and sub-gun range.you can find it on the net.

You can go to Norris and shoot its a whopping $25 a year. Open daylight to dusk and you get your own key to let yourself in and out. They have boards set out to 300 yds just bring a good staple gun and some targets. If shooting a shotgun they ask that you please bring your own target holders so as not to destroy the backboards.

Guest bwins66

Can someone give a little more info about the Norris Lake range? Where exactly is it, what is the name of the place and do they have a web site or a phone #?

Thanks!

Some good info. The only place that I know of going to for shooting is Coal Creek. I've seen things about Oak Ridge Sportsmans, but with my schedule I could never make or maintain a membership with the requirements of getting in.

Norris

Norris Range

Upper Clear Creek Road

Phone: (865) 494-0881(Norris Police Department) or 494-0880

Facilities include: Rifle (100-300 Yards), 25 yard pistol range with 5-yard increments, Covered shooting tables

What you have to do is go to the Police Department and sign up (its $25 for july-june) and then they give you directions to the actual range which is about 10mins away. for the money it cant be beat...unless you have a lotta land and no neighbors close by.

Guest Rem_700
I can only recommend Oak Ridge Sportsman's Association. I have not shot anywhere else. For the money it's a great deal ($120/year).
Not meaning to hi-jack your thread,but is it oak ridge sportsman association open to the public?Is there a waiting list,and how do you get in touch with them.I was there 1 time with my recruiter before leaving for bootcamp and we watched the Marine corp Marksman team shoot there.
Guest bkelm18
Not meaning to hi-jack your thread,but is it oak ridge sportsman association open to the public?Is there a waiting list,and how do you get in touch with them.I was there 1 time with my recruiter before leaving for bootcamp and we watched the Marine corp Marksman team shoot there.

No it's not open to the public. You have to submit an application and they have to review it at one of their monthly meetings. If you have a sponsor, they only review it once. If you don't, they review it twice (at two different monthly meetings). Or something along those lines.

http://orsa.nxs.net/index.htm

Guest mikedwood

There is a new range opening up in Maryville named Gunny's. It's about a mile from the end of Pellissippi. Only a 25 yard indoor range but they said you can use upto .308 I think.

If you join before they open it's $165 I think and after that $250.

it's 2208 East Broadway, Maryville, TN (865) 242-1979

• 3 weeks later...
I've seen things about Oak Ridge Sportsmans, but with my schedule I could never make or maintain a membership with the requirements of getting in.

Huh???:D:confused:

DaG