RK Gun Shows In Smyrna

Guest Legally Armed

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest shadow12

If it's like the ones here in K-Town, they won't need alot of room. And they seem to me to be quite expensive to get into. I went with Phantom6 this past weekend to the Nashville show, to see Frank from ETS. The show was small, but nice and lots of gear. Mike Holloway used to do the shows here, filled both floors of the building usually, and the door price was right.

By the way for those of you who don't know, Phantom6 got his Short Shotgun from Frank this weekend. If you haven't seem Phantom6 lately, it's because he's too busy caressing the darn thing.

Guest Spuds

Awesome, thanks for the info! The RK Show put on in LaVergne last year rocked! I liked the Bob Pope shows when they were in Smyrna, hopefully RK will be as good or better. Pope's new venue is just too far a drive for me.

About Holloway's Knoxville shows, that was true, years ago. His last few years were but a shadow of his former shows. RK allows a lot of junk for sure, but plently of guns too. Admission is good for both days and he's easy to work with. Most importantly, he packs the house with attendees.

According to RK, it is in Smyrna at the old Bob Pope Show building. It will be a 3-day show, Apr 25-27.

They are pretty locked in, but I couldn't pay for my tables yet, just reserve them. I have three tables lined up for it.

I remember the LaVergne show. It ws awesome, but parking sucked, as well as the layout and the cost to rent the building. They said they would look for a new setup and apparently they did.

Is the gun show in Smyrna going to be a better show than the one in Nashville at the fair grounds? Does anyone know the cost of admission? I hope it will be a good one since it's right by my house. I'd like to go, but don't want to waste my money. If anybody is usually affiliated or knows anything about the show, holler back and inform me. Thanks

Which gun show are you referring to ?

Unless something has changed recently, the Pope Gun Show, which was always the "Smyrna" Gun Show, has moved to the Rodeo Arena in Franklin.

And yes, IME the Pope Gun Show is usually a damn sight better than the Goodman Gun Show at the State Fairgrounds.

How do you know its an RK show since it does not list this show on the RK Shows website event calender? Any ideas on the cost of admission? I noticed you can save a buck by printing out the website page if it is an RK show.

Guest Spuds

RK's website is always behind.

I can verify it is an RK Show as

A) I got a flyer for booking tables that listed it.

:Dhttp://www.gunshows-usa.com/tennesee.htm (Typical RK hype - "Largest show in Nashville history!"

Also, he no doubt already knew about the facility, but I suggested to Rex that he look into it late last year.

I thought Pope's reason for moving was that the Expo was sold and no longer available to him. Obviously I was mis-informed. Did Pope move simply because he figured he'd have a better gig in rich Williamson County?

Guest Todd@CIS
I checked the RK Show website and its not listed. Where is the billboard, Brian?

Coop, it's at the Smyrna/Lavergne city limit on M'Boro Rd.

Edited by Todd@CIS