Welcome to Tennessee Gun Owners

Welcome to Tennessee Gun Owners -- The Premier Website for Tennessee Firearms Owners and Enthusiasts

If you have an account with us, please Sign In.

If you do not have an account, register now for one! It's 100% free and easy to do. »» Join TGO Now ««

As a member of Tennessee Gun Owners you can...
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Sale!!!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 Retired Navy GMC

Retired Navy GMC

TGO Member

• Authorized Vendor
  • 414 posts
Carry Permit Holder Military NRA Member

Posted 25 November 2011 - 04:06 PM

This weekend, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday (11-25 thru 11-27) everything in the store is on sale!!!

5% off all new guns
10% off everything else

This is for instore, instock items only.

#2 Rightwinger

Rightwinger

Wondering what's next for America?

• TGO Benefactor
  • 4,407 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 08:24 PM

W O O T !

#3 R1100R

R1100R

Get Off The Grass !!!

• TGO Benefactor
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 08:29 PM

Just got back and got a good deal on some ammo. Go by and see the crew.

#4 rcrespo106

rcrespo106

TGO Newcomer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
Carry Permit Holder

Posted 26 November 2011 - 07:10 AM

Still have Mosins in stock? and does that count as a new gun?

#5 Retired Navy GMC

Retired Navy GMC

TGO Member

• Authorized Vendor
  • 414 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 04:10 PM

91/30 Mosins are not in stock at this moment. We were supposed to get a case on Wednesday, via frieght, but they didn't show. I think the craziness at the Ham store next door scared the truck away. I am now expecting them on monday.
We do have 2 M44's in stock and we are counting them as NEW!!

#6 TLRMADE

TLRMADE

TGO Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 07:26 PM

Should've waited to get the 11-87 this weekend haha!

#7 BPE

BPE

TGO Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 02:18 AM

So not sure where else to leave this so this spot looks as good as any other.

First note: amongst friends and some family I'm consider a gun guru and partial nut. Around the likes of you guys here, I'm a straight up amateur and still have a ton of learning to do and information to soak up.

So after enough reviews I finally set out this morning to D&T Arms in the Rivergate area. I've visited most all other shops in this area and around Nashville and I've never had a better experience.

Nothing huge stood out except for the service and high quality goods being sold. Let me be more thorough.

I went in looking to put my hands on an AR for the first time. I let them know up front I was looking to buy in the future but not today. That didn't slow them down from slinging a beautiful S&W MP AR15 over the counter and into my hands. They showed the gun off and features without any pressure to walk away with it just then.

Once done wiping drool from atop the rifle our conversation moved to the business I did come to the store to transact.

I asked for a couple of odds and ends (gun case, cleaning kit, ammo) and then moved to holsters. After recently losing my gun down my pants leg from its perch in my waistband in Sears I was looking for an answer. I've tried multiple models of holsters before but never found that right one for me.

This is the only store and group of guys that actually took time to listen to my concerns and broke open packages and provided guns from their own cases to check the fit. Dave himself, when I asked to look at a Kahr to replace my carry weapon of choice, Keltec PF9, asked why I wasn't carrying a Glock 23 I referenced in conversation. He promptly found a SuperTuck and and Glock, again from his own case, and let me try it out.

While I wasn't 100% on these items I walked away confident, more than ever, that I had what I needed. And - these guys were dead on the mark. Gave both a try today and this has changed my CC days for ever.

Can't say enough thanks to the staff for taking the time to listen to concerns and desires of an amateur to the field and getting right to the point of what I really needed. My money was EXTREMELY well spent at this shop and will continue to be spent here. The extra 10% off today didn't hurt either. Sometimes things work out much better than expected.

#8 DMark

DMark

CMP Master Instructor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 06:00 PM

....Can't say enough thanks to the staff for taking the time to listen to concerns and desires....

BPE, you are so right about D&T.

Dave has also found the right guys to work the counter.

The other night I has in the store doing a transfer. A young couple was looking for their "first gun" and were upfront about not knowing what they needed or when they were going to buy. Alot of stores would have blown them off or worst - - - talked down to them. Instead the staff member engaged them in a discussion about firearms and their use along with what might work for them and their budget. The information I overheard coming from Dave's employee to the couple was textbook spot-on.

D&T seems to know that they are part of something bigger than just moving products out of their store. Wish all local gunshops understood that.