WOULD ANYONE BE INTERESTED IN A GET TOGETHER IN BLOUNT COUNTY?

Guest dubaholic2

50 yards is plenty far enough or me.

A full mag at 25, I'd say 50 is too much. (I know... "I sit down to zero my sights and to make it worse, they were falling off")

I'll try and come. Hoping for good weather. I'd like to have something out to 200 yards if possible.

I'll be bringing some AR mags I need rid of for cheap if I come.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dubaholic2

I'll do my best to get some targets set up, up to 200 yards. I'll be going down in the next week or so to try to get things cleared out and measure out what kind of ranges I can get. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

I may have to try to catch this one. I have a couple old laptops that I could shoot up. From what I've seen in the news the last couple days, that apparently really stirs up the sheep if you video it and post it on youtube.

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/news/local/youtube-dad-who-shot-daughters-laptop-gets-visit-a/nHbcR/

Since my kids are all grown and on their own, I have a bunch of old kids toys around. I'll bet shooting a teddy bear would send the sheep into a frothing-at-the-mouth frenzy.

Looks like I will be able to make it. I'm hoping to have a couple of form 1 cans done by then. (308 and 9mm pistol) I have some AR500 half size ipsc plates with chain links welded to back....but I don't have stands made for them yet. I also have a case or two of tannerite if you want me to bring some.

I was pumped about this. Told my wife about it when it was first posted and had a green light. Most of the time I shoot it's just me shooting alone indoors when I've been able to break away from my office for a while. I was really looking forward to shooting outside and putting some rounds through my AR. Unfortunately, It falls on a day that my Dad really wants me to join him in taking my son to the Circus. I've been following this forum for a few years now and between other commitments I can't seem to make it to the shoots. My son is only 3-years-old once though, so I'm going to the Circus. NEXT TIME TGO, NEXT TIME.

I was pumped about this. Told my wife about it when it was first posted and had a green light. Most of the time I shoot it's just me shooting alone indoors when I've been able to break away from my office for a while. I was really looking forward to shooting outside and putting some rounds through my AR. Unfortunately, It falls on a day that my Dad really wants me to join him in taking my son to the Circus. I've been following this forum for a few years now and between other commitments I can't seem to make it to the shoots. My son is only 3-years-old once though, so I'm going to the Circus. NEXT TIME TGO, NEXT TIME.

Let me borrow your AR and ammo and I will put those rounds in for ya.

Is this event still on for sure?
I'd hope though no further information has become available considering it's in 10 days..

The OP was online today and I've sent him a PM asking him to post further information....(ie directions, rules etc.)

Edited by kwe45919

I'd hope though no further information has become available considering it's in 10 days..

The OP was online today and I've sent him a PM asking him to post further information....(ie directions, rules etc.)

I'm making plans to attend so I hope it's still on.

Guest dubaholic2

Sorry for the delay folks. I guess when they updated the system it unsubscribed me from my threads. This event is still a go, as long as the weather cooperates. I need it to be dry for a few days beforehand, otherwise we can't drive back to where we shoot, because they don't allow driving through the fields when it's wet. We can still get to the shooting spot by foot, but it's a little bit of a walk. I'm planning to go down Sunday to set some things up, and clear some things out the best I can. The address is 3737 Big Springs Rd., Maryville, TN 37801. If anyone needs me to post directions just let me know. The Tannerite is welcome, btw. Thanks, Ian