Employee Safe Commute (Parking Lot) Campaign

Please Enable Cookies to Use This Site

For those who are desirous of seeing this Bill get through the House and Senate this year in Tennessee, the link above is an effective tool to support this vital legislation.

The copied site will allow you to e-mail all the members of the Senate and House Judiciary Committees, as well as your specific Representative and Senator, simply by filling in the information requested.

Please take the time to alter slightly the "Subject" line and the actual message prior to sending, as Legislators tend not to give credence to mass mailings, but, the program does allow for a very easy method to reach all the necessary legislators with very little effort on the part of the participant.

Got that from TFA and already responded! Hope everyone will!

Already got a reply from Doug Henry who said he was not on a committee dealing with that but if it came to a vote that he would CONSIDER my opinion. Yeah right! he'll vote it down just as I expect my Rep. to do to, Sherry Jones. But I still took the time to contact them.

Another reply to my emails.

You don't have to worry about me. I have been pushing this legislation for years and for a long time was the only sponsor in the senate. I will vote to move this legislation forward with the fewest restraints on your constitutional rights as possible.

Yours in service,

Sen. Stacey Campfield

I got the same reply...gee...I thought he wrote it just for me. :D

The ones I wonder about are the ones who won't bother to respond!

I've only been able to get my State Rep. to reply only once and that was to tell me that she was too busy to answer emails. That worthless Representative is Sherry Jones. Hopefully the redistricting plan will do her in.

I got the same reply...gee...I thought he wrote it just for me. :)

Me too, but seems it's still sent out by hand, not bot. So seems at least a humanoid is actually doing it. I've received no other responses from the 27 pols it sends to.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot
Guest Star1021Scott

Jim Tracy returned my email...

"Scott, Thanks so much for your email concerning a person's employment and their right to own and transport a firearm. I have always been a strong Pro-Second Amendment Advocate, so I will certainly look hard at these bills. I really appreciate your input -- please feel free to contact me in the future. Best regards, Jim"

Jim Tracy returned my email...

"Scott, Thanks so much for your email concerning a person's employment and their right to own and transport a firearm. I have always been a strong Pro-Second Amendment Advocate, so I will certainly look hard at these bills. I really appreciate your input -- please feel free to contact me in the future. Best regards, Jim"

We've got lots of "pro 2A" pols, who vote against "pro 2A" bills. But they look hard at them first.

- OS

I think that they are afraid that they will be voted out like Sen. Doug Jackson was. Too many of them were put in their position by telling us that they would support or push for these 2A issues but now that they are there they are back peddling. They need to know that we are not pleased with them.

I think that they are afraid that they will be voted out like Sen. Doug Jackson was. Too many of them were put in their position by telling us that they would support or push for these 2A issues but now that they are there they are back peddling. They need to know that we are not pleased with them.

IMHO Doug Jackson got popped because he had a D behind his name, that he was the staunchest Firearms issue supporter in the Senate did not do him in, it was the tidal wave of anti-Obama voting that got him.

What they (Legislators) fear is that Fed Ex will not give them the maximum allowable under the Law donation to their campaigns (as passed by this very same Legislature last year) if they do not tow the line as set out by "Big Business". Money talks and BS walks.

Edited by Worriedman
IMHO Doug Jackson got popped because he had a D behind his name, that he was the staunchest Firearms issue supporter in the Senate did not do him in, it was the tidal wave of anti-Obama voting that got him.

What they (Legislators) fear is that Fed Ex will not give them the maximum allowable under the Law donation to their campaigns (as passed by this very same Legislature last year) if they do not tow the line as set out by "Big Business". Money talks and BS walks.

I agree, Doug was definately on our side but the "get rid of the Democrats" movement got him.

We've got lots of "pro 2A" pols, who vote against "pro 2A" bills. But they look hard at them first.

I agree whole heartedly. I think responses like this are just a way to dance around their real answer of "I'm not going to vote for this bill". The ones who support the bill have the stones to stand up and say so. If you don't support it, have the stones to say that also.

I already got one reply like that and I quickly replied asking if that meant that he was either going to sign on as a co-sponsor or support the bill. I want a "yes" or "no".

Edited by Sky King

Here are a couple of responses that I had in my inbox this morning after specifically asking if they would support the bill.

Mr. Volzfan,

I will always support the law abiding citizen's Second Amendment rights. If I may be of further assistance, please let me know.

Sincerely,

Representative Barrett Rich

Republican Majority Whip

Vice Chairman of Government Operations Committee

117 War Memorial Building

Nashville, TN 37243

(615)741-6890

Senator Beavers supports this bill.

Patti Saliba

Office of Senator Mae Beavers

Chairman of Senate Judiciary Committee

7 Legislative Plaza

Nashville, Tennessee 37243

615/741-2421 or 1-800-449-8366 x 12421

Fax: 615/253-0205

Added Doug Henry's. Seems like he has added that last part, "The concept sounds good to me." I still don't trust him at all to vote for it!

Thank you for your e-mail. This bill is in the Judiciary Committee, on which I do not sit but it is my practice to give great weight to a standing Committee's recommendations because it is in the Committee where questions are asked and answered about the bill. The concept sounds good to me. Douglas Henry

Here's the form letter from Haslam.

February 3, 2012

Dear Volzfan

Thank you for writing to me and sharing your thoughts and concerns. Listening to and learning from Tennesseans is very important to me, and I appreciate hearing from you.

After careful review of your letter, I have forwarded it to my legislative staff for consideration. Your suggestions will be helpful as we develop our legislative and policy agenda.

Again, thank you for taking the time to write. I look forward to working with you and all Tennesseans to make our great state an even better place to live, work, and raise a family.

Warmest regards,

Bill Haslam

BH:mg

cc: Leslie Hafner, Senior Advisor for Legislation

Edited by Volzfan
I got a response from my Rep (at work now so can't post it) but he has always been very Pro2A, but this response was a bit more wishy washy than normal. Said he would look at and keep my concerns in mind if it came before him for a vote.

Was it Lowe Finney?

JTM🔫

Sent from my iPhone