Knoxville Expo Center Gun Show?

Guest hickok45

Guest hickok45

I've not been to the RK show at the Knoxville Expo Center. How big is it? Thinking about driving from Nashville this weekend, but don't want to take a road trip if it's not a pretty good show.

Thanks

Hickok45

Edited by hickok45
  • Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know what the shows are like in middle TN but I'm never really that impressed with our shows in Knoxville. Hickok I would imagine you've been to so many gun shows by now that the Knoxville show won't be that exciting .

That being said, I'll most likely be there Saturday morning. :whistle:

Hickok45....If it tells you anything, the Knoxville Expo shows are at least 4 times the size of the Murfreesboro shows and possibly 5 -6 times as large. By the way, I'm a subscriber to your channel and been thru all your videos. Great work you are doing and it has been a great benefit to me. Would be nice to bump into you at the show this weekend. Life is good!

I've not been to the RK show at the Knoxville Expo Center. How big is it? Thinking about driving from Nashville this weekend, but don't want to take a road trip if it's not a pretty good show.

Thanks

Hickok45

Never been to any in middle/west TN, but I've been told by more than one that the Knox shows are about as big as any in the state. The Expo is much better than the fairgrounds venue - more room, better lit, cells phones work, etc. Takes a couple of hours to get around whole thing without much fondling or talking time involved either.

This will save ya $2, pay for your gas, right? Love to meetcha, maybe we'll run into each other.

rk_coupon1.png

Page source: http://www.cjlenterprize.com (toward bottom)

- OS

Edited by OhShoot

I don't know what the shows are like in middle TN but I'm never really that impressed with our shows in Knoxville. Hickok I would imagine you've been to so many gun shows by now that the Knoxville show won't be that exciting .

That being said, I'll most likely be there Saturday morning. :whistle:

If Erik's coming, I'll be there!

I will be there tomorrow. Going to hang out at the reloading section for a while. Come by and see me because it would be nice to chat it up. I'm the one with four legs. Come see me too Eric, it has been a while.

As far as size it will take the average person 1-2 hours to walk through if you are looking at things that interest you. You can race walk through it in probably 30-45 minutes if the crowds aren't too bad. There is probably 20-25 rows and each row is about 100 yards long. There is a good mix of gun dealers, gear dealers and very little of the usual flea market stuff.

It is possible to find deals as well. Just need to be on your toes with cash in hand.

Dolomite

I'd love to go, but...I'm broke, tank is empty, guns need cleaning, and the number one reason I can't go: My wife wants to go to a couple of estate sales. Sympathy and prayers accepted.

Condolences. You can, however, build up your stock of guy points, you can never have too many of them.

I'm planning on going over to the Expo today as its only about 6 miles away for me, however, if I were in Nashville & thinking of driving a 400 mile round trip, I would hold off & head to Birmingham next week. No comparison between the two shows.

Guest hickok45

Thanks for the info. Yeah, that Birmingham show is part of the equation. It's supposed to be a pretty good one, I understand. Never been to one there. A good Tennessee show always beats a good out-of-state show, all things being equal, as we don't run into those purchase or trade obstacles with in-state deals on handguns.

Lots to do around the Compound, so I'll probably hold up on the Knoxville show. There's a really small show up in Clarksville I'll probably have to hit today while I'm running errands.

Thanks again,

Hickok45

I will have to try one of the Knoxville Expo shows but a 2.5 hr drive one way. I have been to many Birmingham shows when I lived

in Alabama, great shows. I will stick to TN shows, just incase I find a handgun I cann't live without.

Went this morning. Usual line to get in. For some reason this show felt different to me than the last 20-25 I have been to there. Not sure if it they opened up and used more of the expo center. Seemed brighter than usual. Also seemed like there were some new vendors there. Cant exactly put my finger on it but just seemed like a better show to me. Only got to spend an hour there due to having to be somewhere else. Did a quick run through, picked up some tyhings I needed and left. Wished I had more time and money because I saw some pretty good deals, for once.

... Not sure if it they opened up and used more of the expo center. ...

Yeah, there were a couple or three extra rows on the left side as you entered, they went a little farther into the next meeting area.

Was really mobbed when we left about 1; can't imagine that same crowd inside Jacobs, mainly why I've quit going over there. I think the crowd may be indicative of a coming surge in demand; prices may have been a little bumped overall too, at least on new guns, but didn't do empirical study on them or anything.

- OS

Guest bbtie72

There was a pretty good line all day. The crowd got a little too big after noon and I left. I did pick up a pretty good deal on a slide fire stock. When i got home I realized I only have 400 rounds. I guess I should have picked up some of that as well.

There was a pretty good line all day. The crowd got a little too big after noon and I left. I did pick up a pretty good deal on a slide fire stock. When i got home I realized I only have 400 rounds. I guess I should have picked up some of that as well.

Hell, yeah, with that stock, hardly worth hitting the range with only 400 rounds. ;)

- OS

Guest bbtie72

Hell, yeah, with that stock, hardly worth hitting the range with only 400 rounds. ;)

- OS

I guess that gives me an excuse to go back Sunday. :up:

I spent a few hours there. Got there at about 1 pm and left about 3:30 pm. I walked the entire floor. I wasn't impressed by the gun deals. Pricing was the same as I can find at the store. There are some decent ammo deals though, although I can still find the same prices just by calling around. Despite that, I still spent over $100.00. Got a couple survival books, some 9mm ammo, and a new grip for the AR-15.

Overall, between Bills Outpost and the forum I think that covers the bases on finding the best gun deals around here.

I did see a TON of AR-15's there. If someone is on the market for one of those the show is worth checking out. I also had a vendor offer me an ACOG for one heck of a price. It was the good ACOG with the holographic sight on top. They go for $1800 or so on Amazon I think. He offered it to me for $1550 out the door. I couldn't buy it, but I really wanted to though.