Knoxville Expo Center Gun Show?

Guest hickok45

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was not claiming EVERYTHING was a good deal. There was plenty of overpriced items as usual. I did see quite a few a new sellers there that did have some cheaper stuff, rather it be 22 rifles, mil-surp and some project guns. I wish I had some more time to really look everything over as I am sure there was some interesting stuff to be had by digging through it. I will agree, the usual RK vendors, are getting ready for the next Obama presidency and are wringing thier hands in anticiapation. Get ready for the panic to start, am already starting to hear the rumblings.

Obama has been the best marketing tool that the gun shows could have. I wish he could do as much for the economy.

Obama is not to blame, it is the unrational fear of Obama perpetrated by a certain organization in an attempt to get you to send them money. Obama has done nothing to take away our rights. I see two signs that nothing is going to happen. First, in the past year Wal- Mart has decided to start selling assault weapons. Wal Mart is a pretty smart company and probaly the biggest gun retailer in the country. If they thought anti gun legislation was on the way they probably would not be making that move or would have the power to stop it. Second, you had the attempted assassination of a female congresswoman and the murder of young girl in the process with a 33round magazine in a Glock. For the anti-gunners this would have been the perfect marketing opportunity to pass anti gun laws. Heck I am the biggest Glock fan there is and even I could have been persuaded to ban 33 round magazines for handguns. What was thier response, absolute silence. I dont even remember seeing one news story about the "Evils" of Glock and oversized magazines
Guest Revelator

There actually were news stories about the evils of handguns and high capacity magazines after Tuscon, but it went no further than that. Gun control has been relegated to the occasional op-ed piece in liberal newspapers and that's where it is going to stay. Despite the fears, gun rights have expanded during Obama's presidency, but don't tell gun owners that.

I agree, the impending panic buying has begun. Online, prices of AK-type weapons like Saigas, AMDs and WASRs are all up from just a few weeks ago, if they're even available.

I have to say, i ate one of the .50 cent brownies. it was delicious. I saw somebody with a TGO forum hat on. thought about introducing myself, but it was crazy crowded and people probably would not appreciate me stopping in the aisle lol. I was a little sad that i didn't see many Mausers. I was thinking about picking one up, but didn't find one that wasn't over priced by 100 to 200 bucks.

thanks to everyone that stopped by my tables the crowd was larger than normal i found 223 ammo m855 by the case for less than i could by wholesale in 2 places 23 cents a round i thought that was a good price .bought a nighthawk custom in 10 mm didnt need it but it kept calling my name all in all a pretty good show as most knoxville shows are

Well, I went to the Expo show last Saturday afternoon. My mom went with me. About halfway through our walkthrough, we both had the same thought, "You would have thought these folks would have brought something they actually wanted to sell." To me, prices seemed even more ridiculous than usual. Also, one of the reasons I went was to pick up a spare mag for an FEG smc-380 and the guy who has all sorts of hard to find pistol mags either wasn't there or I somehow overlooked his table (I was looking pretty diligently for him so my thought is he wasn't there.) Another reason I went was to look for a reasonably priced EDC bag but none of the vendors selling such things had anything like what I want.

Foolish me, I was also hoping I might find a deal on a .357 Mag Blackhawk. Hnnh...the best price I saw, on one with a good bit of finish wear, was $120 higher than a LNIB used one my LGS had in the case a few weeks back. I was also hoping to find a Rossi .357 lever gun but no joy. There were plenty of (useless, IMO) Ranch Hands at various tables - for $100 more than one would cost in most any LGS - but no Rossi .357 lever rifles. All in all, I should have saved my ten bucks. Thing is, I'm sure I will forget what a waste these shows are and go to another one in a few months. I guess I won't ever learn my lesson.

Edited by JAB
.... All in all, I should have saved my ten bucks. Thing is, I'm sure I will forget what a waste these shows are and go to another one in a few months. I guess I won't ever learn my lesson.

Should have only paid 8, if you read TGO. :)

I go to be among buds, but also just to be around so many guns in one place and usually to pick up odds and ends.

At this one, I bought two used US AR mags for $5 each, and a cheap set of quick release hi rise scope mounts, $20, some Winchester subsonic .22 been wanting to try, $3.70 each, and a .223 broken shell extractor $6. Was actually looking for a cheap AR sized soft case, but didn't see any anywhere close to online prices, so will wait till I need something else online.

I have bought 3 guns from actual FFLs at shows in the past though ... 2 were Hi-Points that I could NOT have beat T&T's price anywhere. And a tactical XD 9 that doubt I could have beat except maybe a little by doing online.

For the most part though, it's just a pleasant ritual and social occasion, costs me $2 per hour for the entertainment. :)

- OS

At this one, I bought two used US AR mags for $5 each....

Now, are those the M16 mags the vendor said were "better" than regular AR mags? :lol:

I was moving down the aisle so I missed everything past that.

Edited by Garufa
Guest airborne1525

Absolutely. He said they would make mine go full auto.

- OS

Man you got screwed over if you bought those. Should have went to the back of the show and picked up the mags I bought, the guy said it would make mine shoot around corners!

Man you got screwed over if you bought those. Should have went to the back of the show and picked up the mags I bought, the guy said it would make mine shoot around corners!

Dayum. Gott find that guy next time, full auto around corners would be da bomb!

Guest airborne1525

Ok after trying them out, don't do it. Those fancy mags cause the bullet to take 3 right turns and after it did that, and I dropped a load in my pants, it apparently also turns them I to heat seekers. Never had to run so far in my life!

I was also hoping to find a Rossi .357 lever gun but no joy. There were plenty of (useless, IMO) Ranch Hands at various tables - for $100 more than one would cost in most any LGS - but no Rossi .357 lever rifles. All in all, I should have saved my ten bucks. Thing is, I'm sure I will forget what a waste these shows are and go to another one in a few months. I guess I won't ever learn my lesson.

One gentleman had a nice, used Marlin .357 lever gun, asking $850 but willing to budge $25. Trouble is, you can get a sparkling new Henry Big Boy for that.

One gentleman had a nice, used Marlin .357 lever gun, asking $850 but willing to budge $25. Trouble is, you can get a sparkling new Henry Big Boy for that.

Really sad thing is that a brand new Marlin .357 is only about $700 MSRP and maybe $550 through a non gouging dealer. Prob is that it has become such a popular rifle that dealers rarely get them, so street price has bumped way up. I actually got one at Wally's couple years ago for $485, but that was a rare find.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot

I like going to the shows for the fellowship and being around guns and gun stuff. What's not to like about it? People pay to go watch movies, pay to see bands. Any number of entertainment activities cost money. I go to gun shows because they are freaking fun.

I spent a whole 4 bucks ( not counting bucks to get in). Taking no cash takes all the pressure off being there.

I like going to the shows for the fellowship and being around guns and gun stuff. What's not to like about it? People pay to go watch movies, pay to see bands. Any number of entertainment activities cost money. I go to gun shows because they are freaking fun.

I spent a whole 4 bucks ( not counting bucks to get in). Taking no cash takes all the pressure off being there.

I understand that but I hate crowds. Maybe if I met up with a group of folks I know then I would enjoy it more but one of the things I don't like is how you will be standing at a table, politely and patiently waiting for the vendor to finish talking to another customer so that you can ask him a question and some dufus will just come up and force his way between you and the table. Until I started going to the gun shows more, I always thought that gun guys were more courteous and respectful than that. I have learned, though, so now such folks often get an 'accidental' elbow to the ribs when they try that crap - or else if someone tries shoving me out of the way I will just blatantly shove back. Still, such behavior kills any buzz I might have gotten from being around so many guns.

Edited by JAB