ANY GOOD GUN STORES IN MIDDLE TO SE TN

lshel

Guest Victor9er

The shooters depot in Chattanooga has always done me right.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

+1 on Shooters Depot, they have a location in GA as well as the Chattanooga location.

Just down the road from them in Chattanooga there's also a Sportsman's Warehouse... there's usually a pretty good selection there. Lot's of ammo, accessories and reloading supplies to choose from too.

Guest bulluck533

Shooters depot is a great place for ammo and handguns. They are still limited on there rifles, but are getting better. Haven't dealt with anyone better in Chattanooga.

Reloading supplies...contact David here on TGO..screen name DLM37015. Don't even bother looking anywhere else, his prices, service, ect. are top notch. He doesn't have a retail store, just sells at gun shows so he can smoke anyone's prices and meet you around town with whatever you are looking for. You can go to Reloader's Bench if you want to spend more money...lol

Best stores within a reasonable drive of say Nashville and my favorite 3 because I appreciate a fair price right off the bat without having to study a few episodes of Pawn Stars to brush up on my negotiating skills before I walk in...

1. Whittaker's Guns in Owensboro, KY (hands down best prices and excellent selection, expect cost plus 10%, lots of scopes, ect. as well. No haggling, but best sticker prices bar none)

2. Kentucky Gun Co in Bardstown, KY (check their website..if they have something you want the price will be pretty good and close to Whittakers)

3. GT Distributors in Rossville, GA right outside Chattanooga (great selection of guns and gear, more police type selection but they do the GSSF LEO priced Glocks, ect)

As far as Middle TN

-Guns and Leather (fair prices, great guys, probably the best all around store in town)

-D&T Arms (best service around, just a smaller store)

-Outpost (good selection, "ok" prices..don't expect a deal on anything right now but they have some cool stuff. Just do your research before you walk in)

-Franklin Gun (100% full retail prices but the best selection around for sure, they will discount but there's a reason for that as they are too high to begin with. If you want something and have to have it today then they are the place to go, just don't expect to get any great deal on anything. Good guys though and much more friendly than most places)

-On Target ( good guys, decent selection, about 10% higher than the Outpost)

-Outdoor Junction (good selection but mainly a hunting store, archery, ect. worth a stop if you're bored along I-40 exit 290)

-Hero Gear (been there twice good selection and worth a drive on a Saturday. In Winchester so not too far from you. I can't speak of the new management, I went in the days when Joe owned it. Good folks and a sponsor of TGO)

East TN

-Coal Creek Armory (decent selection, fair prices, I wouldn't drive from Nashville or anything)

-Mikes Gun Shop in Tazewell, TN (best little shop in TN. If you are in East TN it's worth the drive, pretty much cost plus 10%. I bought all my firearms from there for the 3 years I lived in Knoxville)

Hope that helps....I've been to more shops than whats listed but the only one's really worth mentioning that I've been too are listed. Good luck!

Edited by Kenstaroni

Care to elaborate on your opinion of Hero Gear? Who's the owner now? How long has he/she been the owner? What made them better before?

I've always had positive experiences with them, but it has been quite a while since I've been down that way.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch using Tapatalk 2

In the days when Joe owned and operated it, it was top notch in this area and im told in the state. However, it changed hands, dont remember when, but now the service sucks, If they dont have it in stock they dont seem interested in getting it for you, if you arent MIL/LEO or a buddy/regular dont expect quick service. And they dont recognize TGO anymore. My opinion only of course but its horrible now compared to when Joe ran it. YMMV

if chattanooga is not too far for you we have the 2 box stores (sportsman's with reloading supplies & academy with some guns) as well as a good dozen smaller shops and even more if you count the pawn shops. Might be worth a day trip.

I've always enjoyed Guns and Leather in Greenbriar. I need to buy more from them. The staff has always been friendly, never pushy and don't try to be armchair commandos. Their prices have usually been the lowest in the area from what I've seen as well.

My family and I buy our guns pretty much exclusively from Tollivers in Manchester. Great prices, eager to help, and they dont act like you are bugging them being there. Great bunch of guys. I live very close to Hero Gear and wont even go in there. The last few times I have they paid no attention and not once asked if I wanted to see anything. I also went there to ask about having night sites installed and they said they would but acted like it was a hindrance. I went to Chi Rho and had him install my sites. Great guy at Chi Rho, very friendly and eager to help also. Prices on the high side and very little inventory. But I was there very soon after the opening. Need to check it out again.

I've gotten some good deals at Toliver's in Manachester and he will do a gun transfer for $20 which includes State's $10. Mike seems pretty fair in his trade deals. There are alot of guns in the back room if you don't see what you're looking for in display cases. Chad, ex-military, at Chi Rho in Tullahoma will spend some time talking guns, etc. He has a new store with business growing, small inventory right now. I expect his shop to grow.

In the days when Joe owned and operated it, it was top notch in this area and im told in the state. However, it changed hands, dont remember when, but now the service sucks, If they dont have it in stock they dont seem interested in getting it for you, if you arent MIL/LEO or a buddy/regular dont expect quick service. And they dont recognize TGO anymore. My opinion only of course but its horrible now compared to when Joe ran it. YMMV

That's a shame. I was away from TGO for a while, so I missed the part where Joe was no longer part of Hero Gear. I made the trek from Hendersonville a few years ago so I could have Joe help me build my first AR. He was always helpful, always went above and beyond, and was an all around cool dude. I guess the Battle Mug became big business. What's he doing now?

I like Kings Firearms and More here in Columbia. They have a good selection of Handguns and long guns. I am not into reloading. So, I have never paid attention to their reloading supplies. Kings has a friendly, no pressure staff, that is more than willing to chit chat, and let you fondle the merchandise.

Anyone know any gun stores that have or can get an CZs? I checked with Tolivers and Chi Rho today and neither one of them can get them at this time. The Outpost said they could, just want to see if anyone else can.

Anyone know any gun stores that have or can get an CZs? I checked with Tolivers and Chi Rho today and neither one of them can get them at this time. The Outpost said they could, just want to see if anyone else can.

Sadly, I don't see too many for sale at local gun stores. Great guns! I have had 9 over the years and only 1 came from a gun store.

Are you looking for anything in particular or just to fondle and grope some awesome guns?

Sadly, I don't see too many for sale at local gun stores. Great guns! I have had 9 over the years and only 1 came from a gun store.

Are you looking for anything in particular or just to fondle and grope some awesome guns?

I plan on purchasing one in the next 2-3 weeks. My preference is the CZ 75B 9mm satin nickel. But im not opposed to a plain black model. Also may be interested in the SP-01. I'm hoping to pick one up the day I decide to purchase one and not have to wait. There is a gun show in Shelbyville at the Calsonic Arena August 4th and 5th. Im thinking of holding off till then and see what is available there.

I think the more I go in the Outpost, the more I am liking that store. I have recently done some business there and feel they were fair. Yes, I did have to ask, and one employee was more willing than another, but I was happy in the end. I live in the Boro and would like to do all my business there, but it is hard to pay an additional 100 bucks on a scope just to have it today. I don't mind the tax, well I do but it does support our state, so I don't include the tax in the difference. They have worked with me on a couple things like that, and I keep going back. They continue to add new things and appear to be growing.

I agree what was said about Whittaker Guns, as it is worth the drive.

I plan on purchasing one in the next 2-3 weeks. My preference is the CZ 75B 9mm satin nickel. But im not opposed to a plain black model. Also may be interested in the SP-01. I'm hoping to pick one up the day I decide to purchase one and not have to wait. There is a gun show in Shelbyville at the Calsonic Arena August 4th and 5th. Im thinking of holding off till then and see what is available there.

I got mine directly from the CZ custom shop. They can get pretty much anything cz makes that can be imported, and if you want any mods...

My cz rami is my favorite 9mm so far.

I got mine directly from the CZ custom shop. They can get pretty much anything cz makes that can be imported, and if you want any mods...

My cz rami is my favorite 9mm so far.

I check the CZ Custom shop almost daily and have recently emailed them. They too are out of stock on most CZs. Especially the plain CZ 75B in polycoat, nickel, or stainless.

No, you will have to go to Chicago, IL, Long Island, NY or LA, CA before you can find a decent gun store;)

Actually one of the best stocked gun shops I've ever been in was in Ca. Martin B Reddings in Culver City.

While it's true there certain restrictions on what one can buy out there anything that could be bought and sold they had a half dozen of.

And as far as gun shows go, nothing can touch the shows they used to have at the Pamona fair grounds "back in the day".

I'm talking four thirty thousand square foot building FULL of guns and ammo.

As for mid-Tn, I gotta say Franklin gun shop is a cool place to look around, just not super great on pricing. I've seen stuff marked over MSRP. I'd honestly rather shop at an Academy Sports.

For the Chattanooga area, I agree with the recommendations for GT's - especially for long guns and Glocks (if you qualify for LE sales $398.00 w/ 3mags). I would add G&N Gun and Pawn on Lee Hwy. They have surprised me with their S&W availability and pricing on hot, new items like the M&P 15-22 when it was new. I'm not a big fan of the box stores, but Sportsman's Warehouse has gotten my business several times. Gotta keep an eye out for sales and arrive early.

I've always found the best deals at gun shows. Seems like there is one somewhere in the Nashville / Murfreesboro / Shelbyville areas at least once a month these days. Both On Target and the Outpost Armory seem high to me. There is a new shop opening in Nashville in the next month or two that looks like it might be really nice. The Nashville Armory I think it is. Only problem with a really nice shop is the prices are usually a bit on the high side for me.