Don't think this is how the "stand your ground law" works

Guest peacexxl

Guest Gwith40

I would suspect they will and hope it fades away. I don't expect any judge to throw the case out, for fear of a bounty on their head. I would be shocked if that happened. I can't help but think a lot of things are going on behind the scenes. Maybe the adults will step up, if there are any left.

Guest Gwith40

I was listening to a guy on talk radio yesterday afternoon and I had to turn it off. It amazed me how little he knew about the case, as well as the people calling in. You cannot talk to some of these folks, it will just raise your blood pressure.

The jockeying is in full swing.

The woman who is to be the judge is married to an attorney who is somehow involved with zimmerman's attorney.

She has offered to recuse if either side wants her to.

Fox reported Zimmerman's attorney may ask she do just that when they meet about his bail situation next week.

A good attorney will delay delay and delay. Looks like the plan

Guest Lester Weevils

I was listening to a guy on talk radio yesterday afternoon and I had to turn it off. It amazed me how little he knew about the case, as well as the people calling in. You cannot talk to some of these folks, it will just raise your blood pressure.

Was it that new yankee they hired for WGOW 102.3? I don't listen to the radio as much lately but wake up to a radio alarm and they were introducing him. Haven't heard his show. Anyway if it was 102.3, they seem in the habit of airing dull know-nothings on the afternoon. Got out of the habit tuning in after noon on that station years ago. Guess somebody likes listening to their afternoon talent or nobody would advertise.

Guest Gwith40

You got it Lester. I have a feeling he won't be around long. Looks like this guy has done a bit of everything and probably will continue to do so. I thought I would give him a listen, being the new guy and all. So far, he doesn't seem too swift on things. Who knows. I quit listening to the station for a while...guess I will do so again.

The media whores are whining to have the court records unsealed so they can continue beating on Zimmerman in the media:

http://www.cnn.com/2012/04/16/justice/florida-teen-shooting/

I'm thinking this case in particular is an argument for keeping the records sealed until the court trial. Notice how the braying and the shouting for Zimmerman's lynching has almost completely stopped.

Zimmermans' 911 call

Well, so much for the "pursuing Martin in defiance of 911 operator" Mall Ninja idiocy.

Yeah, he was out of breath from chasing after him. Why would a responsible permit holder chase someone that has committed no crime? Answer: mall ninja.

At 2:09, you can hear a car door open and an alarm begins that is undoubtedly the “door open, keys in ignition†warning on Zimmerman’s truck.

At 2:13, you can clearly hear the car door slamming shut, and the alarm stops.

At 2:17, Zimmerman’s voice wobbles and he starts breathing heavily into the phone, indicating that he has started running.

At 2:22, without any prompting other than the aforementioned noises and breathing, the dispatcher asks “Are you following him?†to which Zimmerman responds, “Yeah.â€

At 2:26, the dispatcher says, “Okay, we don’t need you to do that,†to which Zimmerman responds, “Okay.â€

Edited by TMF 18B
  • Like 1

Zimmermans' 911 call

Well, so much for the "pursuing Martin in defiance of 911 operator" Mall Ninja idiocy.

That was my only critism of Zimmerman, that he went beyond what a private citizen should do and follow him when told not to but I admit I was fooled by media hype at the first. What we learn after some time huh? I knew the media has agenda's and didn't trust them "much", now I can't trust anything they report at all. The media are bigger liars than politicians and alot more dangerous.

• Like 1
Guest Lester Weevils

I don't know what level of culpability Z has. Both of them have culpability, just dunno how much, and don't know even if Z did anything criminally stupid.

Maybe I am seeing it stupid wrong but some folks seem to want to draw a demarcator in the time line. After time X, it was all M's fault, and therefore Z is blameless, pure as the driven snow.

By analogy, "Sure I was insulting that biker's mom a few minutes ago, but already said what needed to be said. I wasn't insulting his mom, or even saying anything at all when he suddenly beat the snot out of me for no reason at all!"

Edited by Lester Weevils

By analogy, "Sure I was insulting that biker's mom a few minutes ago, but already said what needed to be said. I wasn't insulting his mom, or even saying anything at all when he suddenly beat the snot out of me for no reason at all!"

That analogy is one of the best explanations of the situation I have seen - except that the 'biker' in that analogy likely had no reason to fear death or serious, bodily injury from the guy insulting his mom. A lone teenager being followed by a stranger who first followed in his vehicle then got out to follow on foot just might reasonably have such a fear.

Edited by JAB
Guest 6.8 AR

I think what's funny about all this is that some want to blame Z with culpability, because they seem to think he shouldn't

been out there or something. And that the poor kid was being stalked. Horse hockey! If he looked suspicious, he looked

suspicious. Until I see where Zimmerman did something wrong, I see no culpability. You can make assumptions all day

long about what was going on in Martin's mind. I say he was being the badass thinking he would whup some ass

instead of maybe answering a question. He took off and got lost, until the last untold part. We know the ending and I

don't really care that Martin didn't go to a school of etiquette, but he shouldn't have looked suspicious and out of place.

Martin's mom even began to have remorse because of the ridicule of Zimmerman by all the bad actors down there. She

might know something about her son(like, he was going to get in big trouble some day) that she really was becoming

ashamed. She came up a little higher than I would have expected, the other day.

Guest 6.8 AR

Widows or windows?

Jesse and Al are being squeezed out by Calypso Louie, lately.

I don't know about Corey. she really messed up with that affidavit.

Let's not leave Bloominberg out of this. He's needing a hug or something.

But, yeh, on to the next.

Guest Lester Weevils

I think what's funny about all this is that some want to blame Z with culpability, because they seem to think he shouldn't

been out there or something. And that the poor kid was being stalked. Horse hockey! If he looked suspicious, he looked

suspicious. Until I see where Zimmerman did something wrong, I see no culpability. You can make assumptions all day

long about what was going on in Martin's mind. I say he was being the badass thinking he would whup some ass

instead of maybe answering a question. He took off and got lost, until the last untold part. We know the ending and I

don't really care that Martin didn't go to a school of etiquette, but he shouldn't have looked suspicious and out of place.

Martin's mom even began to have remorse because of the ridicule of Zimmerman by all the bad actors down there. She

might know something about her son(like, he was going to get in big trouble some day) that she really was becoming

ashamed. She came up a little higher than I would have expected, the other day.

Hi 6.8

I'm showing extreme masochism for continuing to post to this thread. :)

Dunno if "blame" is the correct term, though if Z had been home sleeping that night then M would almost certainly have been alive the next day.

What is so unlikely or crazy to consider the possibility that M considered Z equally suspicious as Z considered M? They both had equally reasonable right to be there as far as I know? Reverse the roles-- If Z was walking thru the apt complex and noticed M "scoping him out" and following, you don't think Z would have got concerned about it?

GWith posted links to a site, of a fellow analyzing the timeline. Maybe the fellow got it all wrong, but he made a not-too-shabby argument that M might have made it back to his apt, thought about it, got mad, and gone back to confront Z.

I make no claim that M made perfect decisions that night. It ain't rare. One time me and a pal was walking down Peachtree and a couple of drunk guys came up, "Hey what school do you go to?" "Ga Tech" "Oh yeah? We go to Georgia State and we're gonna kick your butt!" And then they tried but were too intoxicated to do a very good job of it. Nothing more badder than tush-hog future accountants I suppose. :) Just sayin, how much sense did that make? I shoulda been packing, and shot em. That would have solved it.

Edited by Lester Weevils
Guest 6.8 AR

We'll never know about Martin, but the possibility exists that Martin could have been peeking in windows, getting ready

to bust in a house. That's just more speculation, too. I really don't care about Martin's frame of mind and I sure won't

come to justify any reason Martin would want to whup that ass during or after the fact. If that's all someone wants to do

is pick a fight, he's got some issues already. And stalking is not how I would ever characterize anyone looking out for his

neighborhood. I doubt Zimmerman was driving through the neighborhood looking for a fight.

Of course, compared to another forum I visit occasionally, it seems that bunch has already convicted and is ready to

have their own lynching. Bunch of liberal wannabe poli-sci experts that drive BMWs. Their thread on this is tenfold what

ours is.

Lester, I'm not one to get into a fist fight. I came close a couple times in school, but never got whupped, either. I usually

smiled and walked away. I was the scrawny kid in school and would have probably lost.

With the tempers I see every day on the street where I live, I am surprised more people aren't killed, primarily for being

stupid and being where they look suspicious. Martin was essentially raised by gang mentality after his parents

divorced, if he ever was in a family setting. I'm sorry for his loss, but I won't waste my time trying to justify his actions

that day. He was as he was raised and too many kids are like that. They see violence as a necessity. Violence met

with opposition in this case, and there will be more of it.

We'll never know about Martin, but the possibility exists that Martin could have been peeking in windows, getting ready

to bust in a house. ...

You know, one thing I've never gotten from all the coverage.

Was the gated subdivision directly on way from store to his home? A shortcut, even? Or was it an out of the way route?

Not that it makes a legal diff, I don't guess, but ... ?

- OS