Never should have held one...

Steelharp

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bassman17SC

What is the going rate these days for male children?

A better question would be -

"How much for de women?" - Jake Blues

Yeah, I had a 40 and sold it to John Wall. It was just a bit too snappy for my petite little hands. Then I got Hickock45's in 9 and found it much better. Can't say that it's all that much better than some of my other 9s, but it is pretty nice. Still a bit more sting than most compact 9s, but ok.

For the time being, I'll keep it, unless you want it really, really bad. And have big$$$. Actually, I believe the price on the PPS is coming down.

Got a PPQ in 40 a couple of weeks ago. Absolutely love it! Everyone that has laid hands on it says the same.

If you get a chance to fondle one, or better yet shoot one, you're hooked.

Kinda hard to find right now. New model, going fast.

From what I hear on the Walther forum, the First Edition is even harder to come by.

Lots of good info on the Walther forum. If you're leaning toward anything Walther, check it out.

Oh, I see I made a mistake. You want the new PPQ? Not the PPS? Sorry Steelharp, giving you grief over the wrong gun. I actually would like to see one of the First Edition models myself.

No, no, someone else made the suggestion of looking at a PPQ. No, it's the PPS... saw a PPQ today, though. Meh; didn't hit my hot button.

And I fired the PPS today. Just awesome...!!

(Someone buy my LCR, ok?? Really; SOMEONE...)

Edited by Steelharp

I had the opportunity to shoot a PPQ over at CHMR the other day. And damnit, it's going to be my next gun. Easily, the nicest polymer striker fired handgun I've ever squeezed the trigger of, and I'm typically a Glock guy. It made me look like a better shooter than I really am.

Oh yeah, I agree. The PPQ is more along the lines of the G19, the PPS is closer to... well not the 26, maybe a Kahr or something. I looked at the PPS before I bought my Glock 26... Both are great guns.

Hmm. The PPQ looked a bit thick in the slide, to me. The PPS is like a really skinny single stack Glock 26, I thought.

It is thicker. Just depends on your particular needs. Both are great in their own right.

Can't go wrong with either. Go for it.

Just be prepared to do some serious grinnin'.

FWIW, I made my first trip to Guns & Leather in Greenbrier today. Lots of guns in that store.

Did come away with a LULA for the AR & a bottle of Militec-1.

They do have some PPQs in stock, 9 & 40.

Edited by Grunt67