Welcome to Tennessee Gun Owners

Welcome to Tennessee Gun Owners -- The Premier Website for Tennessee Firearms Owners and Enthusiasts

If you have an account with us, please Sign In.

If you do not have an account, register now for one! It's 100% free and easy to do. »» Join TGO Now ««

As a member of Tennessee Gun Owners you can...
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Range Report Kahr CW9

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 FIST

FIST

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 469 posts
Carry Permit Holder Military

Posted 09 April 2012 - 12:50 AM

Took her out for the first time this morning. Went to Golden pond at LBL. The range was clean and the folks that showed up were safe (Respectful Use Range) and the weather was great.

I built a target stand (no targets on this range) from some scrap wood I had sitting around and used paper plates for targets, it held up well and I have some good Ideas to follow up on it with.

As for the pistol, I ran 100 rds of American Eagle 124gr FMJ and 100 rds of 124gr Winchester NATO FMJ through it, no jams, FTF, nothing. Ran like a champ. I also fired a small assortment of JHP and still no issues. It's definitely the smallest pistol I have ever fired but it is accurate and reliable. I can't say it was fun constantly loading the 7 and 8 rd magazines though. The only bad part of the day is I burned through a good chunk of my ammo (also took some .40 out) that I need to get replaced ASAP.

#2 jacob

jacob

EFF IN GEE

• TGO Benefactor
  • 858 posts
Carry Permit Holder Military NRA Member

Posted 09 April 2012 - 12:58 AM

I bought my wife a CW9 for carry....it seems to shoot well, but is really too small for my hands. Trigger pull also seems a little high for me, but that might be because the gun is too small for me as well. I wish that magazines were a little more plentiful and less expensive, but hind sight is 20/20.

#3 FIST

FIST

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 469 posts
Carry Permit Holder Military

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:04 AM

True, the magazine thing kicked me right in the wallet. One would think that as Kahr catches on the magazines would start to drop in price a little and maybe even a quality reproduction would be made. It's small but almost has a full size feel to me.

#4 motonut

motonut

TGO Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 04:31 PM

Kahr mags are quite reasonable to me (PM9 & CM9), be glad you're not buying Walther PPQ mags, they're scarce AND expensive.

As for open range targets, we have a thread here somewhere where folks have some good ideas on targets. Personally I have a couple of the better Home Depot "House for Sale" frames and collect the old political posters after the elections and attach them to the frames. Works very well for me and there's no shortage of those political signs!

#5 gjohnsoniv

gjohnsoniv

Officer for Ginger Peace

• TGO Benefactor
  • 4,221 posts
NRA Member

Posted 09 April 2012 - 04:53 PM

As for open range targets, we have a thread here somewhere where folks have some good ideas on targets. Personally I have a couple of the better Home Depot "House for Sale" frames and collect the old political posters after the elections and attach them to the frames. Works very well for me and there's no shortage of those political signs!

+1
Those are what I use in the backyard for my pellet rifles.