Santorum Saddles Us With Romney

It has taken me about 30 minutes to calm down.

ALRIGHTY! Another McCain. Woo Hoo...yayyyyyy... NOT!

http://www.foxnews.c...04/10/santorum/

Romney is a milquetoast wuss who will crumble the first time Obama plays the race card against him…which should be any day this week!

Are these morons all in this together just to screw the American people or what?

Thanks Santorum! Douchebag!

So now even if absolutely EVERY person in the U.S. gets behind Romney…can he beat Obama??? I have my doubts.

So the choice is Obama or Romney. Make your choice now and stick with it because Obama will be on the all out attack against Romeny starting in about 5 minutes for the next 7 months…NON STOP!!!

It's going to get very nasty.

Edited by mcurrier
  • Like 1
Guest 6.8 AR

Well, he still has a chance to redeem himself if he wins. It was inevitable, after all. Romney

could turn out better than expected with a strong Republican house and senate sending

him the right bills.

Guest 270win

I don't agree with everything Romney says, but he is the most electable out of Republicans. Romney can get states that Santorum would not be able to get in a general election VS Obama.

Well, he still has a chance to redeem himself if he wins. It was inevitable, after all. Romney

could turn out better than expected with a strong Republican house and senate sending

him the right bills.

I will absolutely take Romney over Obama, my concern is that he doesn't have the chops to go head-to-head with Obama. Obama is going to pull out all the stops. Just like McCain, I don't see Romney being able to bring himself to do what it may take to win. I hope he surprises me. I REALLY hope he does. He has my 110% support at this point, but a lot of it is up to him and his campaign people. (and I HATE depending on other people to come through)

At this point, we are going to have to hope for the best, but prepare for the worst. I don't think those words have ever meant so much as they do right now.

Guest 6.8 AR

Depending on his handlers, I think you may be surprised, Mark. At least I hope so. If he adopts the McCain

strategy, he's toast, but if he actually attacks Obama's record and pushes the issues people hold near and dear,

he could be very effective. But that holds true with any candidate facing Obama. I know what you mean, though.

Going to be rough sailing for a while.

Depending on his handlers, I think you may be surprised, Mark. At least I hope so. If he adopts the McCain

strategy, he's toast, but if he actually attacks Obama's record and pushes the issues people hold near and dear,

he could be very effective. But that holds true with any candidate facing Obama. I know what you mean, though.

Going to be rough sailing for a while.

Consider all the attack ads he rans against Newt and Rick he may be up to the fight. Also if "the party" gets behind him maybe spend just as many slanderous ads as BHO will against him. The big issue will be the comparision between ro-care and ob-care but hopefully the SC will take that off the table.

And like you said above, if he's surrounded with conservative thinkers he'll conform to them, I hope, just never know with flip-floppers.

Now if he'll just pick a strong VP.

I'm also sad to see Rick back out but I think it may be for the best, Romoney's got the cash to beat him down and now he can use it against oblameo.

Santorum did the right thing. This didn't need to go on any longer. Romney is the man, whether we like him or not. Time to get behind him. Now if Gingrich and Paul would just pull out and let's get started on putting Obama out of office!

Guest ThePunisher

A moderate republican Romney is like a conservative compared to the radical leftist Marxist/Communist Obama. Now if he will just pick a good conservative VP like Huckabee or Rubio, or even West.

Edited by ThePunisher

Can't really see how Santorum saddled us with Romney. Have voters to blame for that. Regardless, this is the pony'we have left to ride. I'm not fond of it either, but might as well saddle up & leave Obama in the trail dust.

I'll get behind Romney and cover my ears when he starts trying to suck up to the independents. I just can't shake the thought, however, that he'll do what he wants after the election "when he has more flexibility" like Obama.

Santorum didn't saddle us with anything.

All he could do from here out is sour a certain number of more folks on Romney. Which simply equals votes for Obama.

That's all Newt can do, too.

RP stays so far in right field doubt if he's a real factor in that -- can't imagine but a small % of his supporters that will vote for O just because Paul didn't get nomination as of course it's Loon Land to do so.

- OS

We were almost surely headed for a brokered convention had Santorum remained in the race. I am confident that Romney would not have emerged the victor, and that perhaps we may have even gotten someone who hadn't been running up until now. Santorum's exit changes all of that and virtually hands it to Romney. Romney was getting his votes from the high population liberal states and cities, Santorum was getting the true conservative votes. Regardless...it is what it is. No use crying over spilt milk. Romney is the man. Hopefully he will be the man in the White House after November.

Gentlemen,

Our best chance, and has been throughout this, is to have true conservatives gain control though the House and the Senate. While the President of the United States might be the most powerful single person in the world, the true power is through the Legislative branch of the government. This is what must be attacked full force this election year to control the forward path of the country.

Edited by Good_Steward
  • Like 2

Gentlemen,

Our best chance, and has been throughout this, is to have true conservatives gain control though the House and the Senate. While the President of the United States might be the most powerful single person in the world, the true power is through the Legislative branch of the government. This is what must be attacked full force this election year to control the forward path of the country.

Agreed!

I don't believe there is a member of the republican party capable of defeating BHO. Hopefully I eat those words, but i'm just saying

Just too far out to call. A single event, debate, indeed a single faux pas on either side at the right time could make the diff. It could be very close, or close to a blowout going either way.

I still think there may be some ammunition from the GOP that won't be revealed until it will have maximum effect -- perhaps even the same ammo that would have gotten this joker impeached if the Senate were not Dem.

- OS

Which is like, "Would you like turpentine or kerosene on your sh*t sandwich?" Really doesn't make much difference.

Wrong, yes it will make a difference.

Many threads on the importance of this coming election and if someone can't understand the differences between BHO and Mitt then it's just that, a lack of understanding. Sorry, no offense.

Which is like, "Would you like turpentine or kerosene on your sh*t sandwich?" Really doesn't make much difference.

Huge difference over time; some of the most lasting effects will be how the Supreme Court changes America. With O's justices, it'll go so far left you'll need binos to even see it.

Elections still DO have consequences, and few if any the consequences of this one.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot