Welcome to Tennessee Gun Owners

Welcome to Tennessee Gun Owners -- The Premier Website for Tennessee Firearms Owners and Enthusiasts

If you have an account with us, please Sign In.

If you do not have an account, register now for one! It's 100% free and easy to do. »» Join TGO Now ««

As a member of Tennessee Gun Owners you can...
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Santorum Saddles Us With Romney

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#1 mcurrier

mcurrier

TGO Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,138 posts
Carry Permit Holder Law Enforcement NRA Member

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:16 PM

It has taken me about 30 minutes to calm down.

ALRIGHTY! Another McCain. Woo Hoo...yayyyyyy... NOT!

http://www.foxnews.c...04/10/santorum/

Romney is a milquetoast wuss who will crumble the first time Obama plays the race card against him…which should be any day this week!

Are these morons all in this together just to screw the American people or what?

Thanks Santorum! Douchebag!

So now even if absolutely EVERY person in the U.S. gets behind Romney…can he beat Obama??? I have my doubts.

So the choice is Obama or Romney. Make your choice now and stick with it because Obama will be on the all out attack against Romeny starting in about 5 minutes for the next 7 months…NON STOP!!!

It's going to get very nasty.

Edited by mcurrier, 10 April 2012 - 08:45 PM.

• gregintenn likes this

#2 6.8 AR

6.8 AR

TGO Addict

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14,607 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:21 PM

Well, he still has a chance to redeem himself if he wins. It was inevitable, after all. Romney
could turn out better than expected with a strong Republican house and senate sending
him the right bills.

#3 daddyo

daddyo

An accident waiting to happen...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,180 posts
Carry Permit Holder

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:25 PM

I'm not holding my breath.
  • crimsonaudio likes this

#4 270win

270win

TGO Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:26 PM

I don't agree with everything Romney says, but he is the most electable out of Republicans. Romney can get states that Santorum would not be able to get in a general election VS Obama.

#5 mcurrier

mcurrier

TGO Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,138 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:50 PM

Well, he still has a chance to redeem himself if he wins. It was inevitable, after all. Romney
could turn out better than expected with a strong Republican house and senate sending
him the right bills.

I will absolutely take Romney over Obama, my concern is that he doesn't have the chops to go head-to-head with Obama. Obama is going to pull out all the stops. Just like McCain, I don't see Romney being able to bring himself to do what it may take to win. I hope he surprises me. I REALLY hope he does. He has my 110% support at this point, but a lot of it is up to him and his campaign people. (and I HATE depending on other people to come through)

At this point, we are going to have to hope for the best, but prepare for the worst. I don't think those words have ever meant so much as they do right now.

#6 6.8 AR

6.8 AR

TGO Addict

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14,607 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:58 PM

Depending on his handlers, I think you may be surprised, Mark. At least I hope so. If he adopts the McCain
strategy, he's toast, but if he actually attacks Obama's record and pushes the issues people hold near and dear,
he could be very effective. But that holds true with any candidate facing Obama. I know what you mean, though.
Going to be rough sailing for a while.

#7 kieefer

kieefer

TGO Senior & Life NRA Member

• TGO Benefactor
  • 2,445 posts
Carry Permit Holder NRA Member

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:40 PM

Depending on his handlers, I think you may be surprised, Mark. At least I hope so. If he adopts the McCain
strategy, he's toast, but if he actually attacks Obama's record and pushes the issues people hold near and dear,
he could be very effective. But that holds true with any candidate facing Obama. I know what you mean, though.
Going to be rough sailing for a while.

Consider all the attack ads he rans against Newt and Rick he may be up to the fight. Also if "the party" gets behind him maybe spend just as many slanderous ads as BHO will against him. The big issue will be the comparision between ro-care and ob-care but hopefully the SC will take that off the table.
And like you said above, if he's surrounded with conservative thinkers he'll conform to them, I hope, just never know with flip-floppers.

Now if he'll just pick a strong VP.

I'm also sad to see Rick back out but I think it may be for the best, Romoney's got the cash to beat him down and now he can use it against oblameo.

#8 Mike.357

Mike.357

old goat

• Lifetime Benefactor
  • 13,273 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:31 PM

so were you thinking Santorum actually had a chance still?

#9 Moped

Moped

TGO Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,307 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:40 PM

Santorum did the right thing. This didn't need to go on any longer. Romney is the man, whether we like him or not. Time to get behind him. Now if Gingrich and Paul would just pull out and let's get started on putting Obama out of office!

#10 ThePunisher

ThePunisher

TGO Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,147 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:42 PM

A moderate republican Romney is like a conservative compared to the radical leftist Marxist/Communist Obama. Now if he will just pick a good conservative VP like Huckabee or Rubio, or even West.

Edited by ThePunisher, 10 April 2012 - 11:43 PM.

#11 kieefer

kieefer

• TGO Benefactor
  • 2,445 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:48 PM

so were you thinking Santorum actually had a chance still?

really doesn't matter now.

#12 Grunt67

Grunt67

TGO Member

• Lifetime Benefactor
  • 908 posts
Carry Permit Holder Law Enforcement Military NRA Member

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:36 AM

Can't really see how Santorum saddled us with Romney. Have voters to blame for that. Regardless, this is the pony'we have left to ride. I'm not fond of it either, but might as well saddle up & leave Obama in the trail dust.

#13 kieefer

kieefer

• TGO Benefactor
  • 2,445 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:57 AM

Well, there's always Ron Paul! :koolaid:

According to some of his supporters he's winning anyway due to the coverup, fraud, media dissing and such going on.

:P
  • hornett22 likes this

#14 gun sane

gun sane

Workin' on mysteries without any clues

• TGO Benefactor
  • 987 posts
Carry Permit Holder Military

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:58 AM

I'll get behind Romney and cover my ears when he starts trying to suck up to the independents. I just can't shake the thought, however, that he'll do what he wants after the election "when he has more flexibility" like Obama.

#15 Dennis1209

Dennis1209

TGO Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 988 posts
Carry Permit Holder Military

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:20 AM

Seems every four years I'm faced with, "The lesser of Two Weevils"! Can't tell one from another without a score card?

#16 Oh Shoot

Oh Shoot

Doubts Most Everything

• TGO Benefactor
  • 22,481 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:11 AM

Santorum didn't saddle us with anything.

All he could do from here out is sour a certain number of more folks on Romney. Which simply equals votes for Obama.

That's all Newt can do, too.

RP stays so far in right field doubt if he's a real factor in that -- can't imagine but a small % of his supporters that will vote for O just because Paul didn't get nomination as of course it's Loon Land to do so.

- OS

#17 Volzfan

Volzfan

Blessed Child of God

• TGO Benefactor
  • 3,000 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 03:32 AM

They should all throw their support to Romney now. No more beating up each other. No entering the race as an independent. That will just split the vote. Conservatives should do what it takes to beat O.

#18 mcurrier

mcurrier

TGO Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,138 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 03:59 PM

We were almost surely headed for a brokered convention had Santorum remained in the race. I am confident that Romney would not have emerged the victor, and that perhaps we may have even gotten someone who hadn't been running up until now. Santorum's exit changes all of that and virtually hands it to Romney. Romney was getting his votes from the high population liberal states and cities, Santorum was getting the true conservative votes. Regardless...it is what it is. No use crying over spilt milk. Romney is the man. Hopefully he will be the man in the White House after November.

#19 Troutburger

Troutburger

TGO Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:14 PM

I don't believe there is a member of the republican party capable of defeating BHO. Hopefully I eat those words, but i'm just saying

#20 Good_Steward

Good_Steward

Press 1 for English....

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:16 PM

Gentlemen,

Our best chance, and has been throughout this, is to have true conservatives gain control though the House and the Senate. While the President of the United States might be the most powerful single person in the world, the true power is through the Legislative branch of the government. This is what must be attacked full force this election year to control the forward path of the country.

Edited by Good_Steward, 11 April 2012 - 04:19 PM.

• Troutburger and mcurrier like this