Santorum Saddles Us With Romney

Folks, we must not, under any circumstances, underestimate the importance of this election.

Conservatives must get a strangle hold on Congress, but even with that, look at the circles

Obama has run around Congress & the Constitution already. Should he return for another 4yrs.,

this country will be a shambles. The Supreme Court balance can tip in his favor & will not be undone for

years to come.

We need to quit whining ( self included ), and get this fool out of office, regain control of both houses

in DC.

We cannot afford to lose this election.

Guest lostpass

Romney is the only campaigner that can come close to Obama but, much like Obama, he's more about winning than leading.

Obama has sold out a bunch of his core support and Romney, if elected will as well.

I find it odd that a lot of folks are saying the Republicans have swerved so far to the the right that the party is in danger of imploding yet Romney wins the race, arguably a liberal republican.

One thing I've learned from the last few elections: There is very little original thought, people would rather copy the last guy who won. And if your guy didn't win he cheated and is the worst president ever that will ruin the country and turn it into a theocracy or communist state.

So far hasn't been so bad. The Bush jackboots haven't hauled me off and Obama hasn't knocked on my door asking em for my guns.

Much more important to worry about the senate and the house than the president.

But, in TN you don't have to worry about much at all because we're going republican every time. Get bent about Obama and hate on Romney all you want but it won't matter cause this is one state that isn't up for grabs.

Guest 6.8 AR

Corker had to really work against Ford to win. We've had Gore and Sasser, too. Alexander is about as Democrat

as you can get and still be a Republican. Corker worries me from time to time. We are GOP in Tennessee and don't

you ever forget it. Virginia, Utah, Indiana have better Republicans and they have had to get rid of some, also. Lugar

is about to be primary'd this time. We could do as well to get a bunch of Republicans(conservatives) and screw the

GOP.

We are not near enough to the right in this state.

GOP to me means "Rockefeller" Republican for your clarification. They're the ones who can't remember who they

represent.

Guest Smitty

There are no real differences between King Obama and Romney. If those are our choices, we are screwed either way. Plus, I think Obama, unfortunately, will beat Romney easily. It might be a slim margin, but he will pull it off. Too many sheeple that haven't pulled back the black veil over their eyes yet and libertarians and Ron Paul supporters will not vote for either based on conscience and principle. Now if Romney is truly sincere and has changed his position regarding our 2nd Amendment from what he used to in the past, he might get some of our votes, but that is all conjecture. As one guy said, "Romney flips flops more than beached salmon." That's my $0.02.

Edited by Smitty

There are no real differences between King Obama and Romney. ....

You may not like the degree of difference, but to say that indicates a lack of understanding of just who Barack Hussein Obama really is.

And if you think Mitt will put loons like Sotomayor and Kagan on the Supremes, you're also just simply wrong.

But suit yourself -- hopefully TN will stay GOP without you and yours, but if not, your chains may well wear heavier as you look back in regret.

- OS

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America's debt

limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the US

Government cannot pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend

on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our

Government's reckless fiscal policies. Increasing America's debt

weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that,

"the buck stops here.' Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of

bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren.

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans

deserve better."

~ Senator Barack H. Obama, March 2006

I don't think Romney is going to be a compulsive liar and I believe he will manage his administration a whole hella'of'lot better than BHO. I think he'll do a lot of things better, they might not all suit me but I think he'll have ALL the people in mind when making his decisions.

Edited by kieefer
  • Like 1
Guest lostpass

Slick Willy and The Peanut Farmer are on line two.

- OS

That was back in the olden days man! When Al couldn't carry the state you had to know things had changed. As far as I can see TN is pure red for the next election and for the foreseeable future.

I also don't see a lot of justices retiring, and least not enough to change the balance.

That was back in the olden days man! When Al couldn't carry the state you had to know things had changed. As far as I can see TN is pure red for the next election and for the foreseeable future.

Well, how's our welfare ratio these days? Perhaps about time for Memphis to start tipping the balance for whole state?

I also don't see a lot of justices retiring, and least not enough to change the balance.

Only need one, really. Kennedy has already said he was postponing retirement till after this coming election, hoping for NoBama, but doubt if he'll wait another 4.

Ginsberg wlll likely die in office in next four, and we'll probably wish we had someone as "conservative" as her again.

Etc etc. Except for Roberts and the two lady commies O has already appointed, these folks are OLD. Anything can happen in four more years.

- OS

Guest lostpass

Well, how's our welfare ratio these days? Perhaps about time for Memphis to start tipping the balance for whole state?

Only need one, really. Kennedy has already said he was postponing retirement till after this coming election, hoping for NoBama, but doubt if he'll wait another 4.

Ginsberg wlll likely die in office in next four, and we'll probably wish we had someone as "conservative" as her again.

Etc etc. Except for Roberts and the two lady commies O has already appointed, these folks are OLD. Anything can happen in four more years.

- OS

I guess I've become jaded. Everyone keeps telling me about sweeping change but all I see more of the same old same old. I'm starting to wonder if the machinations of the government structure doosn't beat down the aspirations of the few.

Want to rewrite government? You get to fight the bureaucracy . Good luck with that.

...Want to rewrite government? You get to fight the bureaucracy . Good luck with that.

Bureaucracy is one thing; "evil", sure, but it's mindless and self-perpetuating -- but BHO is actively evil; if he ain't the freaking AntiChrist, he'll more than do until the McCoy comes along.

- OS

Romney was picked for us for a reason.

Yep, the majority of voters, voted for him.

I'm also waiting on RP to expose all the voter fraud and abuse so he can seek up from behind and take it away from his buddy Mitt. :waiting:

Romney was picked for us for a reason.

I will never vote for the man. Never.

Yeah, stick to your principles. That's how we got Hussein over McCain, and how we can get Hussein once again. In which case your principles are merely sabotage.

I'm getting the feeling that there are some people here happy with the little commie.

I know what you mean. Doesn't make sense. :shrug:

I've seen it elsewhere too, a strong RP supporter and they can't or refuse to see the difference between BHO and MR, some would actually vote for BHO over MR, just don't understand it.

Our country is more divided than we think.

Guest Smitty

You may not like the degree of difference, but to say that indicates a lack of understanding of just who Barack Hussein Obama really is.

And if you think Mitt will put loons like Sotomayor and Kagan on the Supremes, you're also just simply wrong.

But suit yourself -- hopefully TN will stay GOP without you and yours, but if not, your chains may well wear heavier as you look back in regret.

- OS

Politicians will say anything to get elected into office. Most of them have no consistent, public record to back up their statements and speeches just like Obummer and Romney. You are wrong about what he's going to do if he gets into office. Just do your research. He's shown he's not consistent on the important issues and flip flops his positions when it is politically convenient for him to get votes. Just take Obummer for example. Everything he's said he would do or not do during his campaign, he's done absolutely nothing or done the complete opposite when he got into office. Romney can do the very same thing. He very could appoint "lunes" as you call them to the SCOTUS. Who knows. Would he do that? Probably not, but you don't know until if he gets into office and gets the opportunity to do so. I understand we need to get Obummer out of office post haste, but at what costs? Just to elect a RINO that would do just as much damage overall but in a different way that might respect our civil liberties especially the 2nd Amendment? He's financially backed by the same corrupt "too big to fail" wall street firms, large corporations, big banks, special interests, etc. as Obummer. Until he convinces me and many others his sincerity about changing his positions due to honest realization and reflection or life changing experiences especially on the 2nd Amendment, he's not getting my vote.

Guest 6.8 AR

Politicians will say anything to get elected into office. Most of them have no consistent, public record to back up their statements and speeches just like Obummer and Romney. You are wrong about what he's going to do if he gets into office. Just do your research. He's shown he's not consistent on the important issues and flip flops his positions when it is politically convenient for him to get votes. Just take Obummer for example. Everything he's said he would do or not do during his campaign, he's done absolutely nothing or done the complete opposite when he got into office. Romney can do the very same thing. He very could appoint "lunes" as you call them to the SCOTUS. Who knows. Would he do that? Probably not, but you don't know until if he gets into office and gets the opportunity to do so. I understand we need to get Obummer out of office post haste, but at what costs? Just to elect a RINO that would do just as much damage overall but in a different way that might respect our civil liberties especially the 2nd Amendment? He's financially backed by the same corrupt "too big to fail" wall street firms, large corporations, big banks, special interests, etc. as Obummer. Until he convinces me and many others his sincerity about changing his positions due to honest realization and reflection or life changing experiences especially on the 2nd Amendment, he's not getting my vote.

How about any cost? Or would you prefer showing me your papers, please? Quit lisening to the NBC Nightly News,

or MSNBC.

He very could appoint "lunes" as you call them to the SCOTUS. Who knows. Would he do that? Probably not, but you don't know until if he gets into office and gets the opportunity to do so. I understand we need to get Obummer out of office post haste, but at what costs?

I find your reasoning somewhat perplexing. Based on your comments, you understand what Obama has done and what he is capable of. You also understand that what he has done has been terrible for this country. I'm reaching on this one, but I would guess that you understand what Obama will do if he gets a second term without having to worry about reelection.

Now... You have a known quantity that is extremely bad, and you won't vote for him. However, you aren't going to vote for the unknown quantity

Who knows. Would he do that? Probably not, but you don't know until if he gets into office and gets the opportunity to do so.

either because he may or may not be as bad as the known. I don't get that. If Romney wins the election and he turns out as bad as Obama, what have we lost? Nothing. We swaped one p.o.s. politician for another p.o.s. politician. However, if he turns out better, even slightly better, that is at least a small step in the right direction.

In regards to principles, I am all for standing on them. I was one of the 8% in TN who voted for Paul in the primary. However, I also understand that there times when one can become too rigid in their ideology that they end up hurting themselves. There is a time and place to stand firm on one's principles. In the political process, it is during the primaries. I was in here almost daily advocating for RP during the primaries. I also pleaded my case to my family, friends, and coworkers. In the end I lost the argument. Paul got crushed in the TN primary. Now that the primary is over, I can either stick to my principles and vote for someone who shares all of my views, but stands absolutely no chance of winning the election, or I can vote for someone who as you stated earlier is an unknown quantity (we don't know what he will do until he gets in office). I know this is cliche, and I hate using it. When there is so much at stake I will take the latter choice everytime.

Guest Smitty

How about any cost? Or would you prefer showing me your papers, please? Quit lisening to the NBC Nightly News,

or MSNBC.

I quit listening and watching mainstream media television years ago thank you very much. I despise Obama just as much as you and many others do, and he needs to go. I am not defending him one bit even though you have clearly miscontrued that to be my intent. I saw the complete incompetence, lies, deceit, unqualified for the job, big government anti-gun liberal he is long before my then majority "sheeple hope and change" generation helped elect the SOB into office. I am just saying that Romney, Obummer, and all the rest, except for a very few, stand for the status quo, and that I cannot stand for one bit. It has been posted in these forums in the past and validated that Romney was hugely anti 2nd Amendment and all of a sudden recently he becomes a lifetime member of NRA. Doesn't that raise any suspicions? Has he clearly and sincerely changed his views and beliefs on this issue? I have not been convinced by him or anybody else.