Gun Show Chattanooga

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GUTTERbOY

I'll probably go. I'll be hoping for a Georgia Arms booth with some cases of canned heat. :) Probably buy some of their Gold Dot loads as well for the XD. Maybe I'll even be able to drool over some firearms... still like to pick myself up a J-frame for pocket carry.

Guest GLOCKGUY
I'll probably go. I'll be hoping for a Georgia Arms booth with some cases of canned heat. :) Probably buy some of their Gold Dot loads as well for the XD. Maybe I'll even be able to drool over some firearms... still like to pick myself up a J-frame for pocket carry.

i was hoping there would be a Georgia Arms booth to but i looked at their schedule and their not scheduled to be there 14104_icon_cry_1.gif

Guest mc30707

I think I'll go. I've been spending to much on guns lately as well. Can always use extra ammo.:) I bought a new Sig mosquito for plinking and am trading my g19 + cash for a Sig p226 this Saturday.

Guest abailey362

working both days.....too bad they aren't doing a friday as well.

strickj, if you are over towards monteagle check out that surplus store for ammo cans. I've bought a few from there and great prices and great quality

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Spuds

I'll have a table of my duplicates and culls, likely it'll be full of bolt action military rifles, maybe an SKS or two as well. Anyone looking for anything in particular in that area? (old military rifles)

I'll be there looking for some furniture to fit a Marlin 39...most of the Marlin pistol grip stock will work. Always on the prowl for 3 screw Rugers, MKII 22s or bulk bullets.

I wish they would move the stuff that people actually purchase on one side and put all of the garage sale junk on the other...makes it much more pleasant not to have to embarrassingly act like you are interested in battery powered laser pens and other junk.

Also hope (yeah right) that some of the folks setting up tables would actually visit a Sportsman's Warehouse or Benton Shooter's supply prior to setting up just to let them know that they might, just maybe, be overpriced on their products.

Many of those guns were in AWFUL shape! Expensive too. The best deal I saw was a Ruger Single six 1972, unconverted 3 screw with factory box and Mag cylinder. 95%+ for $350. Was still there when I left.

What I thought was amazing was the ability of some people to pluck down $1000 for an M-1 and still not find the time to shower in a 3 week period. Soap...it is a good thing.

I thought it was a decent show...only $7 to get in w/ the coupon. I picked up an AR-15 lower for $110 OTD, some .38 special SXT ammo and some misc odds and ends for the AK (mags, pouches and small parts for a Saiga build).

I was there around four hours or so.Picked up a Sig Mosquito,tons of guns rugs,a couple of 3 dollar gun rugs,and enjoyed lots of people watching! There was one girl there built like a sh** brick house,blond hair,Id say 90 LBS,and the biggest set of um eyes I have ever seen on such a small frame :D I should have some good dreams tonight!

Two things T`ed me off though!First was the line to get in from Ringgold rd.Apparently some idiot scheduled a gun show,and a concert(jfest) at the same time:tinfoil:

And second,the only 50cal ammo cans they had were as old,dirty,and as beat up as can be,and to top it off,the ammo cans was really the only thing I was after!Go figure,lol

Guest Grout

Traffic was horrible.This show is usually on Memorial Day weekend.I didn't see the little blond but what about the little petite brunette working one of the tables with the Amy Winehouse tattoo starter kit.:D